Hacking Using memory card on different consoles

nbvcxy206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks, just a question.

When I buy a used, activated Vita with a memory card which has installed HENkaku, Adrenaline, VitaShell and stuff, ist it possible to use the card in another console which is not activated with the seller´s account?

The seller would give me his user/pass to let the card being accepted, but would HENkaku offline / Adrenaline installed on the card be usable then?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
As long as they're on 3.60 and it's using the same account it should work fine.

However, the new console might have to be fully activated (logging in =/= fully activated) to have Adrenaline work (because the act.dat is stored on the NAND, not the memory card).

nbvcxy206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Full activation, what does it mean? When you reset the Vita and log-in at the beginning, is it activated then? Or do you need to be logged on to the PSN first? Or is this still not enough and you need to download a game first?

All I know is that activation takes place, when you download / install a game from PSN or from a PS3.

What happens when you install a game from QCMA? Does it also activate the Vita?

Last edited by nbvcxy206,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There are sort of two types of activation, when you login with a PSN account (which is the initial activation) and then the console activation which is where (normally) you'd download content from the PS Store to your Vita which then links the Vita to your PSN account. At this time, we can only do the initial activation on the Vita itself, as PSN access has been revoked by Sony so we can't access their servers to generate the activation files.

Since PSN access was revoked, the only way to fully activate now is via the PS3, and this full activation is required for Adrenaline to work (and "official" PSP games in general) which is why I wasn't sure if Adrenaline would work or not, most likely it wouldn't. The full activation can only be done via a PS3 at this time, as it requires access to PSN and a legitimately owned game.

nbvcxy206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, that means transferring a legally owned game from one Vita to another "initially" activated Vita (by QCMA) probably (sure?) wouldn´t do the job .. right?

nbvcxy206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thank you very much, dear Tom! Nice to have you on this board... ;)

Ah, wait! Just another last one...

What about homebrew (HENkaku, VShell, Emus etc.) and backups? Would they work with just the initial activation?

Last edited by nbvcxy206,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2