Using M3 Real as an AR?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by PettingZoo, Nov 7, 2008.

Nov 7, 2008

Using M3 Real as an AR? by PettingZoo at 7:28 AM (1,419 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I was just wondering one day can you use a slot-1 device such as an M3 real to emulate an Action Replay for a legit game cart? The reason why I was wondering was because my interwebs are screwed and have crappy download speeds so I cant download MPH which I wanna use cheats on, I cant use the Mac dumping coz Im not getting my Macbook till next year, and I can do the PC option because... Ima noob. So is there a way? If so then I will bake 10,000 cookies and give them to you*.

* I will not actually bake 10,000 cookies and give them to you.

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    10000 cookies... Alright then, here goes nothing.

There's a homebrew program called NitroHax. I don't remember the details, but it lets you load a couple of cheat for a certain game, and then you can switch your Slot-1 cart for an original game cartridge. I can't remember how it worked exactly, but it was pretty easy as far as I remember. Just Google for NitroHax.

3. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    not possible untill someone writes an AR homebrew.

4. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Thanks for the info but muahaha sorry you were ensnared into my evil trap, note the asterisk!

5. Maikel Steneker

Netherlands
    Damn, you got me! * [​IMG]

*No, actually, I had already read it.

This vid has a new tutorial with a few links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6WDgSTIb8

6. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    NitroHax IS an AR homebrew, afaik...

Oh, and you could search for a rom of the actual ARDS..

7. Maikel Steneker

Netherlands
    How would that work? As far as I know the ARDS is a piece of hardware with some kind of connector for original DS roms on it, right?

8. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    i didn't know someone already made such a homebrew [​IMG]

and, AR uses the switch method.
    but i doubt it would work since it needs something to read your cheats from(unless you can manually input each code, which would be a lot of work)

9. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I does has a new problem, when I load the cheats and it says to remove the card it turns my DS off, so I load up the AR again and then scroll through the cheats selecting the one I want, then when I take my cart out it turns off, I tried it using M3 Real and Sakura. Any help?

10. Maikel Steneker

Netherlands
    I think at one point the program asks you to remove your Slot-1 cart and replace it with an original game. Did you wait until it asked that or did you just remove the cart? I assume that would indeed make it crash, because the program uses DLDI.

11. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Yeah I did try that, but it pops up really fast and when I do take it out when it prompts me it turns off my DS, I'm going to patch it with DLDI even though M3 Real has auto DLDI patching. Also when I load the cheats the prompting for taking out my flashcart and putting in my game goes by but then a list of games appear so I scrolled down and selected my game and put the cheats on and then I press end and it says any button to continue and I get 2 white screens from pressing a button and when I remove my flashcart on that same screen it turns off my DS.

So now I'm gonna try to find 0.87 coz mine is 0.82 or get an earlier version.

EDIT: Bah that dude on Youtube lied, there is no 0.87, oh well but if I get 0.2 how do I use the codes in .cht or .txt? 0.7 isnt working!
    EDIT2: Oh man this is annoying, Ive even booted it from a slot-2. Please someone help

12. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    OK! I found the problem, it seems that if I take out my M3 Real flashcart out even if Im not running the NitroHax my DS will turn off!

Is there a way around that?

13. Annaaaaa

Newcomer Annaaaaa Member

Denmark
    theres a homebrew called nitrohaxx that works for legit catriges or you could download the ards dump but im not shure its gonna work :S

14. Maikel Steneker

Netherlands
    The only thing i can tell you is that it did work on my M3 Real [​IMG] I used the normal menu (not Sakura) though, maybe that causes the problem.

Of course, you could also dump your games using Rudolph's tools and play them on your M3 Real with cheats.

15. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    So, you used the original M3 Real firmware? [​IMG] will try that! but what version and did you use the triple booter? and I dont wanna dump em I wanna use my normal carts for it xD

EDIT: When using M3 Real it still turns off when I take out my cart