Using HAN tools with previous PS3Xploit 2.0 hack

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by purrell, Apr 3, 2018.

1. purrell
    OP

purrell Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    United States
    I did the PS3Xploit hack a few months ago on my fat PS3 and everything's been working fine. However when I was looking up game loading techniques (splitting package files or ISOs to run games externally, etc) some of the methods I learned involved the HAN Tools. Apparantly now the game-loading process has moved away from RAP files and ReactPSN to RIF files and such.

In an effort to make game loading easier, is there any point to installing some of these HAN tools on my system? Do I need to re-flash/re-jailbreak using this new technique, or can I just install the tools seperately? Or is there no point whatsoever and I should just stick to splitting ISOs with PS3ISOTOOLS and PKGs with PSNStuffX?

I guess the part I still find tedious is making sure my games are up to date. PSNStuff has a long list of updates to download, but I can't seem to download them more than one at a time.
    Also, I'm running out of room on my PS3's internal hard drive, and since I can't install PKG files to an external drive, PSNStuffX has become kinda useless. I've needed to re-download game backups that are in file format and using PSNISOTOOLS to create a splitted ISO. I'm just about to try that out to see how well it works. But I'm assuming the images I'm downloading are from the very first time the game was released/ripped. Is there an easy way to get the updates?

2. purrell
    OP

purrell Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    United States
    So, I thought all my external hard drive woes were coming from the fact that it was formatted as NTFS. Even though I tried PrepNTFS, I just couldn't ever get it to show the contents.

Now I formatted as FAT32 with a 32K cluster size and I still can't see anything in Irisman or Multiman. Also can't see anything in Install Package Files because it doesn't seem to mount. Is there a trick? I'm plugged into the port closest at the end (the middle middle of the console near the Blu-ray drive). It's a 1TB Western Digital Passport drive.

3. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    You can do that using split4G. There's absolutely NO NEED to use HAN tools if you have a CFW compatible ps3.