Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Remember, for each "Dev Snapshot" You can repeat the steps to update ure patched JUS rom.

Hey for those who aren't familiar with using command prompt, here's an easy guide created by me...

First make sure you have the original dump of Jump Ultimate Stars. Then Patch the Rom using the jus-patcher-U0_1.exe. Finally download the Latest Patch, jus-eng-dev11_02_08.dps and download this: dpspatcher.exe

The following should be seen on your C:\ drive:

-dpspatcher.exe
-original.nds
-orginalP.nds or jus-eng-dev08_02_08.dps
-jus-eng-dev11_02_08.dps

99566953hr8.png

Now that you have the following files, you are ready to Patch the Rom using the command line utility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WINDOWS COMMAND PROMPT GUIDE for JUS Patch
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: I made a mistake in the guide, sorry about that.. The guide should work now.

Step One: Open the Command Prompt Window by going to Start and click "RUN". A Run window should pop open and you should be able to type something in the box. Type in: cmd

91517669kh1.png

98790806pq8.png

Step Two: After typing "cmd" in the box of the Run Window, press enter or click "OK". A Black window should pop open and from there type: cd c:\ and then press ENTER and you should see this under cd c:\ line, C:\>

27987948ik1.png

90627520hh8.png

Step Three: Next to C:\> Type in dpspatcher.exe and hit "SPACE" on your keyboard. Drag and drop the files in this order to the Black window. For every file you drag and drop, make sure it's spaced from each other. 1st: Original Rom, 2nd: Patched Rom, Last: The Dev Snapshot DPS. (example: "Original JUS.nds" " jus-eng-dev31_01_08.nds" "jus-eng-dev08_02_08.dps")

36833321io9.png

Step Four: After you finished Step Three, Press ENTER and it should start Patching. Patching should take at least one minute. The Dev Snapshot Patch will overwrite the previous patched rom. From there, just drag and drop your Rom to an PC emulator or NDS Flash Card Folder.

71760713nq4.png

96710435nv9.png

Have fun!!
yaynds.gif

Guide Created by: Romruto

D

Deleted User

I can't believe it's really needed...
But if I have to say one thing : you don't need to use an existing patched rom name to save the rom, any name works. So the command is more
dpspatcher

MIKEAWESOME

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, for whatever reason Vista just sort of stares at me like I'm stupid when I try and use this method, and it makes me feel stupid since I'm not exactly a command prompt noob.

Aha! I got it now!

Thanks for the guide, I was messing up a tiny strand of text.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool. I seem to have been able to successfully patch the ROM, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of translation. There is some English, yes, but not much. I played my import copy to death and follow the Genroh guide to get through all of J-Galaxy, so I decided to try to do it again with this new ROM. However, only the first tutorial has English and it's not all the way through.

Any idea when we might see more in the way of an actual translation patch?

@ kaizer ryo: Make sure that the files listed in this guide are in the drive that you're working in under cmd. For instance, this guide has you working in the root "c:\." But you could easily type in "c:\DS ROMs\Patches\JUS," if that's where those files are placed.

freiteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i got the patch to work but im just wondering whats all in english? so far i only found 1 sentence in english...the rest in japanese...can anyone help?

freiteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I put up a Mac guide to go along with your Windows one? Dunno if I should spend the time because I haven't seen any Mac people asking for help... (surprising since most Mac user's I've met didn't even know the existence of the commandline/Terminal)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay