Using BRRES files in other games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by moongem, Aug 6, 2011.

Aug 6, 2011
  1. moongem
    OP

Newcomer moongem Newbie

United States
    Hello... For about a year now, I've been working on a texture hack of the game Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3! and have been using models from Naruto Shippuden! Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special! and Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2!. I have been using Riivolution to load custom textures over the originals and recently discovered that other games use BRRES files... Such as Sonic COLORS and Fullmetal Alchemist: Daughter of the Dusk. I got the games, got the BRRES files and tried to load them in Naruto via RiiVolution... needless to say, it didn't work and now I'm asking for help.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I've seen videos with people using characters imported from Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Castlevania, but I believe they were using an emulator, but I think it should be possible. If anyone is able to provide me with info on this it would be very much appreciated.

2. SpeedySpikes

Newcomer SpeedySpikes Newbie

United States
    Using the original files from Colors and Daughter of the Dusk will not run because the model won't have the same bones, and therefore won't fit in the same animations. To fix this, you'll have to know how to use modeling software to fix the models yourself... Or just Google it and see if someone else has already done it.