using a single gateway card on two 3DSes

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jinsuke, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jinsuke
    OP

jinsuke Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2014
    Hi,

I just read that you can run CIA files even without the red gateway card inserted.

Does this mean that you can basically use just one gateway card and play a game with local multiplayer mode using2 3DSes? Specifically I just want to solo Pokemon XY so it would be really great if I could trade with myself with just one gateway card.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

2. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    Yea pretty much.

3. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    You only need the red card to boot emuNAND. As long as you don't play something like Smash or MH4G (which use extra RAM and reset into sysNAND after closing), or go into Settings or manually power off your console, you're fine. If it's just you though, you have nothing to worry about since you can easily trade off with the cart.

4. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    You know if you open another small application like bigbluemenu or mii verse Smash doesn't dump you out of emunand. Can speak for MH4G but I suspect the same thing.

5. jinsuke
    OP

jinsuke Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2014
    Is there a list somewhere of the games that cause a reset into sysNAND after closing?

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    We can't link to it from this board. :)