Hardware using a really tiny MicroSD to USB adapter as Wii U hdd?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lonmg story short, I don't like having a hard drive dangling off the back of my Wii U, but I'm worried trhat a USB stick will snap. so i want to put a MicroSD card in this, and maybe stick it in a front port hidden by the flip up panel.
A2JX_130887866810562338MMaHLkoRWn.jpg

Would that work?

D

Deleted User

Well, if you're ready to swap SDCards after some time, go ahead. Personally i think a HDD is better.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
#pickypiraters
My entire Wii u collection is legitimate and paid for.
Pokken Tournament (demo), paper Mario Color Splash, Lost Reavers notice, Skunk Bundle, Beginners Japanese, Human Resource Machine, Gunman Clive HD, Never Alone, Year Walk, Kirby Mass Attack, Typoman, Mini Mario & Friends, Mario party 2, The Bridge, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Freedom Planet, Super Mario ghalaxy, Super paper Mario, Woah Dave, Yoshi's Story, Zelda majora;s mask, Severed, Zelda Spirirt Tracks, Mario kart 64, amiibo tap, Kirby's Epic yarn, OlliOlli, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Mario Golf, Kirby Squeakm Squad, Loat Reavers, SteamWorld Heist, Mario Luigi partners in Time,Swords and Solders II, Kirby 64 Crystal Shards, Twiilight princess HD, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles, Kirby's return to Dreamland, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Paper Mario 64, Super mario 64, Legend of Kay, SteamWorld Dig, Tetrobot and Co, Affordable Space Adventures, Teslagrad, Shadow puppeteer, The Fall, Sportsball, Yoshi's Wolly World,Pokemon Pinball R&S, Runbow, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, GEOM, Citizens of Earth,Splatoon, Guacameelee, SI2, Paper Monsters, Mario pinball land, Mario Advance, Bayonetta 2, Pushmo World, Crunchyroll, Blok Drop U, Shovel knight, Stick it to the Man, Lego batman 3, Armillo, Lego teh Hobbit, Mario party10, Nes Remix 2, Zelda Minish Cap, Kirby amazing Mirror, Child of Light, Bayonetta, Mario & luigi, Mario Advance 3, Dr. Luigi, RUSH, Toki Tori, Edge, The Lego movie, Giana Sisters, Mario vs Donkey Kong tipping stars, Pokemoin Rumble U, NES Remix, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash bros, Windwaker HD, Art Academnt Sketchpad, Assasins Creed IV Black Flag, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Wii party U, Harvest Moon, Lego batman 2, Earthbound, Lego marvel, Zelda II The adventuse of Link, SMG the lost levels, Metroid, Fast Racing Neo, Wonderful 101, D&D Chronicles of Mystery, Pikmin 3, Solomans Key, Ducktales Remastered, Sonic lost World, Trine 2, Game and Wario, Cloudberry Kingdom, Chasing Aurora, Little inferno, Mighht Swiutch Force HD, Runner 2, Kirbnys dream course, F-Zero NES, Monster Hunters 3, Kirby fdream land 3, Yoshi NES, Jeopardy, Puddle, Nano Assult Neo, Mario kart 8, Sonic Transformed, Rayman legends, Rabbids land, Battle for Earth, Darksiders II, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Kirby Super Star, Zeldas link to past, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Punch-out, Baloon Fight, Super Mario bros 2, Donkey Kong, Kirby's Adventure, Super Mario bros 3, Assassins Creed III. netflix, Nintendo land, New Super Mario Bros, Lego City Undercover, Legend of Zelda: bBreath of the Wild.
All legally owned, a total of about 350gb.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
#pickypiraters

Woah, hey now. You're calling him a pirate because he wants to use an SD for storage? That's like me calling you a pirate for buying another hard drive for your PC. >.>

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be worried about corrupting an expensive 512GB micro SD. Could you narrow down the amount of games you have installed until prices on the high capacity drop?

When I was using the Wii U, I had games loaded on a Samsung Fit USB and it was fine. Not sure how the read speed of your Micro SD & Adapter would compare to a USB 3 flash drive though.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Lonmg story short, I don't like having a hard drive dangling off the back of my Wii U, but I'm worried trhat a USB stick will snap. so i want to put a MicroSD card in this, and maybe stick it in a front port hidden by the flip up panel.
Would that work?

This is something i really must advise against for several reasons.
It could probably work but the games and the loading times will be horrible and the intense read/write that the wii u does will damage your sd card. It will not receive enough power from a single usbport, an y-cable would help you with that but still I really think you should get a harddrive in this case.

A 512gb SD card is not cheap at all. and you have a big chance of messing it up by using it with the adapter.
If you got the money for such a big sdcard you probably can afford a cheap harddrive.
Theres alot of varities, it doesnt have to be a mess of cables, remember that.
Im using a 2tb seagate with external power supply it doesnt take up much space and isnt entangled, rather the contrary it blends in and looks really good brsides my Wii U.

Once you go harddrive you dont want to go back. its faster, safer and superior in every way.

Last edited by biggan1,
Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
    S @ salazarcosplay: does update 19 really block it