Using a Gateway Save game backup, with a Backed up Rom?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Robotica72, May 14, 2014.

1. Robotica72
    OP

Robotica72 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    So, I am trying to use a savegame from my Retail game that I backed up with the GW 2.2 with a backup of the same game (Same cart, backed up) - I renamed the .sav file to the correct name but every time I start the game, it creates a new game?

How can I use the .sav from my retail game on my backup rom?

Thanks!

2. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    You dont change the name fromthe save file to the savename of the rom, but to the title id. The best way to find the title id is to look it up on the internet, or to create a savegame with gateway and rename your save to that newly created .sav file ;)

3. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Also it'll currently only work if the backed up save file is 512KB. Hopefully gateway will come up with a fix for smaller save files soon.

4. Robotica72
    OP

Robotica72 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    Yep - I did that, renamed the game name.sav to the numeric one created when I started the game - Just a rename. It acts like it cant read it, but it does in fact overwrite the renames .sav file.

HippyDave -

Youre correct - Its a 128k save game :( Guess Ill have to wait .... Id keep using the retail, but to get online required an update and of course, now the game locks when I try to use emunand with the latest online...