RobvonBothmer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey guys,

Is there a way or a tool to import / export specific user profiles? Copy from the user partition maybe?

I need to copy a user profile from OFW sysnand to CFW emunand.

Edit: Better explaining.

Last edited by RobvonBothmer,

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The latest version of linkalho has a backup function, I think you can backup your sysnand's user profile then restore to your emunand. But be careful, if you restore the profile, it may cause you to lose the game saves in emunand, so don't forget to backup your saves at first

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it just fake links an account. Works great but not what I am asking for.

I want to copy a user profile from sysnand to my existing emunand.

Tinfoil will do it in a roundabout way. Run tinfoil's fake account linker, it will save a backup of your old account in sdmc:/switch/tinfoil/saves/

after you link it, go into that save folder in tinfoil's file browser, click on the account backup to restore it on your sysnand, then do the same thing from tinfoil in memunand to install the account save there.

Take a backup of your sysnand before you do this. I'll update Tinfoil to make this process more streamlined / easy.

RobvonBothmer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Tinfoil will do it in a roundabout way. Run tinfoil's fake account linker, it will save a backup of your old account in sdmc:/switch/tinfoil/saves/

after you link it, go into that save folder in tinfoil's file browser, click on the account backup to restore it on your sysnand, then do the same thing from tinfoil in memunand to install the account save there.

Take a backup of your sysnand before you do this. I'll update Tinfoil to make this process more streamlined / easy.

Woah, a response from blawar. Cool

I think the problem is that I need to backup a user profile from ofw sysnand and restore it on cfw emunand.

Also, that user profile I am trying to copy is already linked and everything through official ways. Thats the reason for doing this. Local wireless and adding local friend didnt work if the profile wasnt fully connected which generated a personal friend code on the profile.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The latest version of linkalho has a backup function, I think you can backup your sysnand's user profile then restore to your emunand. But be careful, if you restore the profile, it may cause you to lose the game saves in emunand, so don't forget to backup your saves at first

How can I backup my sysnands profile when my sysnand is totally clean and only ofw?

RobvonBothmer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Now when thinking about it I could take a complete rawdump of sysnand, enable flight mode on ofw sysnand, reboot into cfw sysnand, take backup of user profile and save it it computer, then restore sysnand from the rawdump.

Much work but.. yeah. Should be possible?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, a response from blawar. Cool

I think the problem is that I need to backup a user profile from ofw sysnand and restore it on cfw emunand.

Also, that user profile I am trying to copy is already linked and everything through official ways. Thats the reason for doing this. Local wireless and adding local friend didnt work if the profile wasnt fully connected which generated a personal friend code on the profile.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How can I backup my sysnands profile when my sysnand is totally clean and only ofw?

Yes, when you fake link in tinfoil, it creates a backup of your original OFW account save first. If you can wait a day or two i'll just update tinfoil to have a backup option. then you can restore it in memunand or another console.

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now when thinking about it I could take a complete rawdump of sysnand, enable flight mode on ofw sysnand, reboot into cfw sysnand, take backup of user profile and save it it computer, then restore sysnand from the rawdump.

You could also just recreate emunand and your sysnand with be copied over.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If its for memunand for the same console, just copy the account save from the system partition. Can be done with hekate or memloader + hacdiskmount.

The file you want to copy is on the system partition, named something like 8000000000000010

RobvonBothmer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If its for memunand for the same console, just copy the account save from the system partition. Can be done with hekate or memloader + hacdiskmount.

The file you want to copy is on the system partition, named something like 8000000000000010

Yeah same console, but different users on OFW and CFW.

So the user partition has nothing to do with a user profile?

Awesome! Is it possible to reinstall existing software stored on SD (installed through Tinfoil) to this new user?

RobvonBothmer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Copying this file or use your new feature (really nice feature btw) and backup the user, does this include all user data like stored local friends list or your personal friend code?

I tried my way using Linkalho and it didnt work. It changed account name but thats about it.

If I start ofw sysnand I can see my personal friend code and friends (even offline) so that data must be stored somewhere?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copying this file or use your new feature (really nice feature btw) and backup the user, does this include all user data like stored local friends list or your personal friend code?

I tried my way using Linkalho and it didnt work. It changed account name but thats about it.

If I start ofw sysnand I can see my personal friend code and friends (even offline) so that data must be stored somewhere?

No, its just the user accounts themselves. If you want more than that copied, your best bet is to just create a new memunand from sysnand as someone else recommended.

Reactions: RobvonBothmer

RobvonBothmer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, its just the user accounts themselves. If you want more than that copied, your best bet is to just create a new memunand from sysnand as someone else recommended.

Yeah I figured. One last question:
Is there someway to reinstall the already downloaded games or is the only way to redownload them all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?