Hardware User password and parental code issue

realg123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I purchased a used Wii U console. When I click on the default account (one and only account) it asks me for a password which I don't have. When I try to create a new account it's asking me for a parental code.

I don't have the "forgot my code" option and I can't press the home button to get any additional information.

I have searched online and from what I gathered is I need an inquiry key that way I can get the parental code unlocked. But I can't get to that screen.

Everytime I press the Home button, the icon appears on the top left with a line across it. I have contacted the original owner but haven't heard back.

Anyone solutions?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I purchased a used Wii U console. When I click on the default account (one and only account) it asks me for a password which I don't have. When I try to create a new account it's asking me for a parental code.

I don't have the "forgot my code" option and I can't press the home button to get any additional information.

I have searched online and from what I gathered is I need an inquiry key that way I can get the parental code unlocked. But I can't get to that screen.

Everytime I press the Home button, the icon appears on the top left with a line across it. I have contacted the original owner but haven't heard back.

Anyone solutions?
... You have 10.000 possibilities... good luck, man XD
Else, maybe nintendo support cans help you.

realg123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Resolved by Nintendo. If anyone else is having similar issues. Call Nintendo, they will guide you through the process.

realg123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the home screen where you select the user account or create a new user. Click on the the locked user account, press +,- and Y or X (cant remember the exact sequence) A number will pop up give them the number along with the Nintendo ID, they will then give you a number sequence. Use the sequence to unlock the account

To unlock the parental pin. Go into home screen click on parental settings. Click o "i forgot the pin" twice, which will give you a inquiry number. Give them that number and they will provide you with a "master" pin to unlock the parental code. Master pin changes every 24 hours

raleigh95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been sitting with a Wii U I got that was locked with NID and Parental and figured I was out of luck, tried common 4 digits and gave up. Didn't think to call Nintendo till seeing this thread. The process is that you click on the locked user account, pick forgot password to bring up the dialog about sending an email, there you hold down +, - and Y, (about 5 seconds) this pops up a dialog box with 3 lines, user ID and then 2 sets of numbers, you tell them the NID and the 3rd line of numbers, you then hold down +, - and Y (about 5 seconds again) and then there is a place to put in a 16 digit number which they will provide you, then the password is removed from the Wii U, you can reset the Parental locks and reformat. Can put the console to use now, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: colonel, I'm trying to sneak around +1