OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I'm downloading using usenext does it add on to my ISP download limit
or can I download as much as I want without going over that limit
because with Usenext you get a limit of downloads.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I would avoid usenext and get almost any other usenet supplier.

The download limit of your ISP and the download limit of usenext are however different and the ISP will still see the downloads and count it towards the limit.

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi monkey04,

1.) No the bandwidth will still be used as far as your ISP is concerned.

2.) Avoid usenext at all costs. I've been ripped off from them in the past (ie paid and never recieved my login details) after fighting with support l decided just to split my losses, and go w/out a refund.

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to use usenet I suggest just using the news server your ISP provides

you dont have to deal with sleezy Eastern European companies and its free with your ISP subscription

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, it will go towards your bandwidth cap, anything you use your net for counts.

chaseincats said:
if you want to use usenet I suggest just using the news server your ISP provides

you dont have to deal with sleezy Eastern European companies and its free with your ISP subscription

Hardly any ISP's still offer usenet access. Few which do, don't let you have alt.bins which is really what you want or they give you a stupid download limit like 2gb, we all know that won't do.

Go with giganews if you have to, I hear plenty of good about them, avoid usenext at all costs just like everyone else says.

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For some good Usenet server go to: http://newsxs.eu/ it's a fine company not that expensive and good retention
biggrin.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
FlatFrogger said:
Yes, it will go towards your bandwidth cap, anything you use your net for counts.

chaseincats said:

Hardly any ISP's still offer usenet access. Few which do, don't let you have alt.bins which is really what you want or they give you a stupid download limit like 2gb, we all know that won't do.

Go with giganews if you have to, I hear plenty of good about them, avoid usenext at all costs just like everyone else says.

Free usenet is still out there. My ISP offers a free usenet server, with binaries access. That news server has a 100GB/month download limit, but that's more than enough for me.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah usenext sux the speeds are pathetic it's only good if your in europe cos thats where their servers are. i used it before your lucky to get 56k speeds!! plus their a ripoff. theirs better ways out there than usenext. avoid them.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use giganews, it's great, super fast speed, 240+ days or retention, very reasonably priced for unlimited downloads

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)