Used PS3.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by g4jek8j54, Oct 15, 2012.

Oct 15, 2012

Used PS3. by g4jek8j54 at 11:31 PM (531 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. g4jek8j54
    OP

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi. I have been offered a used PS3/games for $350, and I figured that I would ask here of what people think of the price. From what I have been told, the package includes the following...

PlayStation 3 (I don't know how many GBs)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Modern Warfare 3
    Need for Speed The Run
    Sonic the Hedgehog Unleashed
    Two wireless remotes
    Ear piece

Does this look like a good deal? From a quick glance, it doesn't seem like it, but I'm not familiar with things related to the PlayStation 3, and really, the only reason that I'm even considering it was for the possibility of getting a Blu-Ray player for a cheap price (but I'm in no real hurry to get one). How much do you think that I could sell or trade the games in for? Also, is there currently any hacking scene for the PlayStation 3? I remember reading some things about fail0verflow and PS3 hacking, but I stopped following shortly after that.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Unless it has a 1TB hard drive in it, I think this person is trying to rip you off.

3. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    what FW is on the PS3 may also matter

3.55 and under is hackable, no extras

over 3.55 need extras to hack

4. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Looks to be worth it, but you can get better deals on a used PS3 if your willing to shop around on Craigslist.

If your just interested in getting a BD player and you don't have one yet, you might just skip it entirely and check out HD streaming stuff, just something to think about.

I own a PS3 and 99.9% of the HD content I have watched has been on my PC or my PS3 via Netflix or my PC's hard drive.

This is of course dependent on your net connection, if its slow or has bandwidth caps you might not be that interested in streaming large high def files.

5. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I think it is. You get some quality games there, an okay ear piece (stereo headset is better), and 2 controllers. And the fact that the PS3 comes with Netflix and others, it's a decent purchase. I'd nab it.

6. Lurker2

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    Honestly do this $259.
    Since your not really interested in the games probably you should do the above Walmart deal if you want new and have no time, wait for black friday or wait for a great used deal.

Rasas likes this.
  7. g4jek8j54
    OP

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I decided to pass up on the offer. I figured that I really didn't need a PS3, plus from what I read here, it sounds like I could get a better deal if I really wanted to. Thanks again!

8. Lurker2

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    Whats the price point you want one at? I was also thinking of doing a PS3/360 Deal thread but I wasn't sure if there was interest in one.

Rasas likes this.