Hacking USBLoaderGX r1271 Changes? & ULGX EmuNAND Hard Drive Issues?

InTheBeef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was curious what the changes made in this version were, and if it's safe to use.
Also, after updating USBLoader Neek2o (running from USB) has now been unable to mount the USB device, but I'm not sure if my Hard Drive actually works. It's a 16GB Philips, formatted to FAT32. It has worked in the past for loading gamecube/wii games and I have been able to run only N64 Majoras Mask through Neek, however very often when editing N64 wad game settings the menu softlocks (can still move cursor, but I need to reboot to do anything) and running them results in usually a similar hang/softlock or black screen.
Does this sound like any one issue in particular? Is the problem the installed n64 wads, my USB, or incorrect mods to the Wii? Followed ModMii as closely as possible with UNEEK+DI

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
* Updated the custom banner URL (Thanks to Larsenv for the new host!)
* Added WiiVC detection and LibDRC support (thanks Fix94)
* Updated LibIOSPatch to add WiiVC ISFS patches (Thanks Fix94)
* Fixed Nintendont IPL and Rumble settings not being used.
* Fixed booting Nintendont with WiiVC and HID devices connected (thanks JacobM for extensive tests)
Note that first HID controller port is always disabled, you need to connect your HID controller in port 2.
* Fixed multiple GPT partition numbering (untested)
* Changed default EmuNAND path from nand/ to nands/01/ required by neek2o.

I changed the default path to emuNAND, but it shouldn't affect users updating the loader or with an existing config. it's only a new path for new users (nands/01/) as neek2o seems to require subfolders to work, and /nand/ only often lock on black screen.
Verify in the custom path menu that your emuNAND channel path is correctly pointing to your emuNAND folder.

If your "hard drive" is 16GB, I doubt it's a hard drive. to me it looks more like a flash drive/usb key/usb stick/etc.
FLASH are rarely working, please don't use flash drives. either use a real HDD, or SD card for emuNAND/Neek.
if you find a working flash drive, it'll crash/freeze when you attempt to write data to it. (dumping disc, installing wad, downloading cover, using emuNAND as it save lot of data to internal system files like savegames, etc.)
if you have a working flash drive, use it only in read mode (ISO, wbfs, ROM) not in write mode (savegame, memory card, homebrew, etc.)

Last edited by Cyan,

KillerK1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Running previous version, any reason why when I try to update directly from USBLoaderGX (settings) it says no update available?

Last edited by KillerK1,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do it manually.
I don't push internally until it's tested and I know it's safe for everyone.
I just forgot to push 1268 last year. It stayed on 1262 for too long.
I'll push 1271 (or newer) when I can. until then, update the dol file manually on your SD card (link in my signature, or on sourceforge)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...