Hacking USBLoader with Game Images

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just thinking in order to minimize the delay of loading the image of the next selected game can you have it prefetch the next titles image? I mean we can only go 1 by 1 so its either going to be the one before or the next one. Why not just do a prefetch this way it would minimize the delay.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is the latest. It has a default background if it can't find one and a noimage.png also is included in the source if it can't find one in the SD card.

Added left and right to move 5 entrys in list up or down for better scrolling.
Left = 5 Up
Right = 5 Down

Images go in root as always in folder images and background in there too name bg.png.

Normal and Kids dol with Source included.
DepostFiles
RapidShare
MediaFire

Wiimano check if this one works.I added a 1 second delay just before loading the images to see if this fix your problem.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
all added keep em coming! if theres any other threads where peeps are posting skins let me know
Hey, Bladexdsl... Your site is mixing up three different loader backgrounds!

There are three versions with covers.
01. usptactical
02. nIxx
03. 56killer

I'm still working to clarify the different cover art positions. I DO know that the nIxx and usptactical versions are conflicting.

TiMeBoMb
=)

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jarock said:
Here is a new background for v 1.1. Nixx version
Changed background for listing to black easier to see and border for the images.
I use this on my widescreen tv looks great.
bg.jpg

Jay:)

Hey, "jarock"... Your backgrounds are nice, but the cover art and console positions don't match up to "nIxx's" version. The attached image shows a comparison between your version and "nIxx's" version (green).

notnixx.png

Hope this helps you out!! =)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Bladexdsl said:
all added keep em coming! if theres any other threads where peeps are posting skins let me know
Hey, Bladexdsl... Your site is mixing up three different loader backgrounds!

There are three versions with covers.
01. usptactical
02. nIxx
03. 56killer

I'm still working to clarify the different cover art positions. I DO know that the nIxx and usptactical versions are conflicting.

TiMeBoMb
=)

well stop making new versions pick one and make skins for just that i've changed my site 3 times already
tongue.gif

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, "jarock"... Your backgrounds are nice, but the cover art and console positions don't match up to "nIxx's" version. The attached image shows a comparison between your version and "nIxx's" version (green).

Hi TiMeBoMb4u2.
Thanks for that. Any backgrounds I have tried which this all seem to have a lot of off screen cliping. I am running the Wii in 16.9 and it's PAL. My backgrounds work on mine 100% with no off centre borders all look fine. Would there be a differene in NTSC and PAL versions?. If any one else has a PAL could you test for me. Thanks mate for the info will redo other version incase.

"Ok just checked TV settings running on 60Hz (480i) and widescreen works fine. Seems different on 50Hz settings. Um....

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
well stop making new versions pick one and make skins for just that i've changed my site 3 times already
tongue.gif

LOL! It's not me! I'm just trying to figure out the positions, because I have an AWESOME Photoshop template made. If I can get someone to design a consistent cover art position, I will release the template for everyone to use (lots of layers and options)!!

TiMeBoMb =)

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jarock said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

Hi TiMeBoMb4u2.
Thanks for that. Any backgrounds I have tried which this all seem to have a lot of off screen cliping. I am running the Wii in 16.9 and it's PAL. My backgrounds work on mine 100% with no off centre borders all look fine. Would there be a differene in NTSC and PAL versions?. If any one else has a PAL could you test for me. Thanks mate for the info will redo other version incase.

"Ok just checked TV settings running on 60Hz (480i) and widescreen works fine. Seems different on 50Hz settings. Um....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that these loader backgrounds have been designed for NTSC not PAL. =(

TiMeBoMb =)

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
jarock said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

Hi TiMeBoMb4u2.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that these loader backgrounds have been designed for NTSC not PAL. =(

TiMeBoMb =)

OK thanks for that.
In that case these should only work fine on PAL Wii's.
So seems background covers and margins are different for NTSC and PAL Wii's good to know.

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are my small contributions to the list. All on theotherzone site.

RVOPPL - Vertigo - PAL (tagged with correct ID and resized to 160x255)
R7FEGD - Final Fantasy Fable Chocobo's Dungeon
RLXEMJ - Luxor Pharaoh's Challenge - PAL
RFVP52 - Monkey Mischief - PAL
RNAE69 - NCAA Football 09
RP7E52 - Pirates Hunt for Blackbeard
RTBE52 - Rapala Fishing Frenzy
RSPE01 - Wii Sports (better version)
R9IE01 - Pikmin (better version)

r9ie01.png
rspe01.png

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all, just wanted to say what a great works has been done here. Till now it is working perfectly for me and i'll keep tuned to this thread for a long time
yay.gif

I would like to know if anyone is able to tell me if i can attach a sata external harddisk to the Wii without a powercable, so only the usb cable to provide power (or if a sata drive will work at all)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
Hi all, just wanted to say what a great works has been done here. Till now it is working perfectly for me and i'll keep tuned to this thread for a long time
yay.gif

I would like to know if anyone is able to tell me if i can attach a sata external harddisk to the Wii without a powercable, so only the usb cable to provide power (or if a sata drive will work at all)

Should work.Im using an external maxtor drive thats only powered by usb and it works fine.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Spidy1000 said:
yay.gif

I second that.
120gb laptop drive in a sata case only powered by USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?