USBloader GX Install/Backup Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by LordFransie, May 14, 2010.

May 14, 2010
  1. LordFransie
    OP

Newcomer LordFransie Member

United States
    Hey Everyone,
    I have completely installed all of the stuff for the USBloader GX, the app is in the homebrew channel I can get to it and I see the full GUI. When I put a game into to back it up it goes to a blank screen. It shows the background of the GUI but that is all. What do I need to do to allow me to backup my games. A friend of mine has backed up games and He is going to let me see if one of his backups will run on my box. Thanks for your time. Any help would be awesome.

2. Fox888

Member Fox888 GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Use CFG Loader [​IMG]

Or if you running usb loader gx : use hermes v4 or v5 [​IMG]

3. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Depends: Is your HDD NTFS or FAT32? NTFS writing is broken.

Use SuperDump to get an ISO, trim it with Wiiscrubber, and copy it to the hard drive.

4. LordFransie
    OP

United States
    I am using usbloader gx. My format is wbfs and I am storing them to the drive using wbfs for mac os x. I do have a mac. Is cfg better than usbloader gx. I want to test the ability to run this hdd but my wii has turned off when I plugged the hdd in and now it won't turn on I've unplugged it and I'll give it 10 minutes to try it again, its worked in the past.

5. LordFransie
    OP

United States
    Okay I have an update. I put in a backup of the legend of zelda and the game shows up but as soon as I click it to start having it play it goes to a black screen and my controller disconnects.

P.S. when I boot up the Wii the controller will not connect during the bootmii software window.

6. LordFransie
    OP

United States
    Okay using hermes I can now use cfg loader, but I really want to be able to use usbloader gx, the interface is better and I like the added features plus the music on usbloader is annoying as hell. HELP. How can I take a system that completely runs usb loader and make it run usbloader gx.

7. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    No controllers will connect when the bootmii screen loads.That's just how it works.If i was you i would remove or rename the bootmii folder you have to something else that way you just boot straight into the wii system menu.

Also you should be able to use usb loader gx with hermes as well.

What kind of hard drive do you have?
    You said something about when its plugged in it causes the wii to turn off? That doesnt sound good at all.

How are you loading the usb loaders your using? from HBC or from a forwarder channel on the wiis main menu?