USB2.0/USB Loader and USB Mics

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drmarvin, Apr 8, 2009.

Apr 8, 2009
  1. drmarvin
    OP

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    With all the advances in USB loaders and drivers, I am definitely tempted to get all set up with a nice USB HD and dump all my games to it and get rocking. The big issue is that some of our favorite games are GHWT, GH:Metallica, and RB2. Being able to switch between games without getting up would be great for my laziness.

Now I think that I have heard that the USB2 drives break mic compatibility, which would make the whole thing a little more pointless. Does anyone know if this is a true situation? Is there a workaround if it is the situation? Am I stuck using the DVD's for those games?

Thanks for any input.

2. Maurice10

Member Maurice10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From what I've heard, the USB Loader disables the other USB port, therefor rendering anything in there unusable.

3. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    Crap. now here is a question. Will anything work if you had a hub on one of the ports and the HD and the mic into the hub? Then you just use one port. Just an idea, but I haven't tried it.

4. Kempston

Newcomer Kempston Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    CIOS usb2 does not support hubs so, even assuming it would be seen, USB2.0 speed would not be available to the HD rendering the USB Loader non-functional.

5. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    Alright. Thanks for the info. I guess I'm stuck until/unless someone works out how to have both ports working. I assume the issue is the same as the USB hub issue. More than likely, the 2 ports are on the same internal bus, so you would lose speed by having both.