Hacking Usb won't work, but sd does when ripping games.

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using wiiflow at the moment, I'm ripping of my sd and the games install fine small games. I install by usb and they freeze at 80 or 90. and if I use the cfg they freeze at 15 percent. Help with this?

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay my sd card works with the games it rips without problem. Also my usb always freezes is there a way to change the port maybe that's my problem. Let me know guys. I only have my sd card working .
ALso is there a way to boot sd cards in usbloader gx to play my WII Games through a SD card? Cause I want to see if they show in usbloader gx. Also I want to fix this usb problem anyone know I formatted them to FAT 32 with 32 kb. And when I try to install super mario it froze at 82.12% anyone know why my usb froze, and the Sd card installs all the way. Like I said can I make the loader boot through another port, or what can I do?

This is one of the usbs I used
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/san...lue-red-aqua-blue-lime-green-orange-and-black
this is the 32 gb one
http://www.shopping.com/sandisk-sandisk-ultra-32gb-usb-flash-drive/info

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is possible to only use the sd card with usb loaders you just have to change it in the settings within the loader to look at the sd card instead of the usb drive.

It could be a few things causing issues with you usb freezing when ripping.

Games are scratched/dirty(doubtful of this one since you said ripping them to sd card works fine)
The laser is going bad(doubtful of this as well since ripping to sd card works fine for you)
Not enough space on the usb drive
The usb drive your using is not compatible with any usb loaders
The drive could also be falling asleep while its being ripped and causing the freezing
The usb port(s) on your wii are bad

Try using other usb devices like an external hard drive that is known to work with usb loaders and see if the issue still happens.
You could try other flash drives as well.If the issues still happen then i would say its your usb ports that are bad.

It's not a ios/cios issue since ripping to sd card works fine.

EDIT: When the game is being ripped to the usb drive keep the wii active and move the wii remote around so its still on the screen. I remember in the early days of usb loaders i had issues with it freezing/locking up and found that if i kept moving the wii remote around and pointing it at the screen then the issue went away.

I know it sounds dumb but it worked back then and it might now as well.

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible to only use the sd card with usb loaders you just have to change it in the settings within the loader to look at the sd card instead of the usb drive.

It could be a few things causing issues with you usb freezing when ripping.

Games are scratched/dirty(doubtful of this one since you said ripping them to sd card works fine)
The laser is going bad(doubtful of this as well since ripping to sd card works fine for you)
Not enough space on the usb drive
The usb drive your using is not compatible with any usb loaders
The drive could also be falling asleep while its being ripped and causing the freezing
The usb port(s) on your wii are bad

Try using other usb devices like an external hard drive that is known to work with usb loaders and see if the issue still happens.
You could try other flash drives as well.If the issues still happen then i would say its your usb ports that are bad.

It's not a ios/cios issue since ripping to sd card works fine.

EDIT: When the game is being ripped to the usb drive keep the wii active and move the wii remote around so its still on the screen. I remember in the early days of usb loaders i had issues with it freezing/locking up and found that if i kept moving the wii remote around and pointing it at the screen then the issue went away.

I know it sounds dumb but it worked back then and it might now as well.

okay and yeah I;m thinking of the usb port, can I switch them like make it go on the other one, or is there another way, and you mentio the usb falling asleep how do I prevent this? or make sure is not happening, like it went ot 99 percent but didn't do anything just froze there. Also it used to work i don't think my usbs are the prob. And I can boot games from the Usb so I don't think is wrong or went wrong... I'm thinking my usb is falling asleep how do I prevent or make sure is not happening? Btw I dont' think is any of the probs I highlighted since my SD works but is a 2 gb and most games are 4 and up, and reason why I wanted to use my 32 gb usb drive.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No idea on how to keep a flash drive awake but i know external drives like seagate and western digital have software that can prevent them from spinning down.
I know some usb loaders can load from either usb port but you would have to look into that particular loader to see if that option is available.
You could just try plugging the flash drive in the other port and see if the loader can recognize it or not.I know with CFG loader nothing is plugged into the usb port it pops up a message on the screen telling you what port to plug your drive into.Not sure if any other loaders do that or not.

Try finding another drive and see if it happens with it. Preferably an external hard drive that you know works or has an option to turn off the spin down feature.

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea on how to keep a flash drive awake but i know external drives like seagate and western digital have software that can prevent them from spinning down.
I know some usb loaders can load from either usb port but you would have to look into that particular loader to see if that option is available.
You could just try plugging the flash drive in the other port and see if the loader can recognize it or not.I know with CFG loader nothing is plugged into the usb port it pops up a message on the screen telling you what port to plug your drive into.Not sure if any other loaders do that or not.

Try finding another drive and see if it happens with it. Preferably an external hard drive that you know works or has an option to turn off the spin down feature.

oh man really? I don't have any atm, but i'll look around I mean they worked fine just out of nowehere it happened u know? and can you switch to where to plug it? idk , and also what formats should it be on?

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys my usb works, catch is only in wbfs format. I wonder why? I want to use it for gamecube as well so is there away to make this work? I wanna rip games but also use it for gamecube, and wii. Anyone knows why this is happening is there away to spilit the usb into two one with wbfs, and one with FAT 32 format.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay guys my usb works, catch is only in wbfs format. I wonder why? I want to use it for gamecube as well so is there away to make this work? I wanna rip games but also use it for gamecube, and wii. Anyone knows why this is happening is there away to spilit the usb into two one with wbfs, and one with FAT 32 format.
Maybe your FAT32 file system had errors or was broken in some other way? Try re-formating it in FAT32 now and see if it works.
In your other thread you never stated that you really used a file system checker (like chkdsk) to check it.

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your FAT32 file system had errors or was broken in some other way? Try re-formating it in FAT32 now and see if it works.
In your other thread you never stated that you really used a file system checker (like chkdsk) to check it.

I did do that, I went back to FAT 32, and froze again only in Wbfs the backup worked fine -sigh- guess i'll have to leave with such cruel fate :(

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did do that, I went back to FAT 32, and froze again only in Wbfs the backup worked fine -sigh- guess i'll have to leave with such cruel fate :(
Hmm ok, that sounds strange. No idea atm what could be the problem then, I'll think about it. But don't count on me coming up with something, I have not really followed Wii hacking for 2 years or so.

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm ok, that sounds strange. No idea atm what could be the problem then, I'll think about it. But don't count on me coming up with something, I have not really followed Wii hacking for 2 years or so.

Okay, and is fine idk really just so you know is a flash drive 32 gb sandisk im using my Cleanrip atm

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Once the program loads just right click on the drive and select format and then a new box should appear where you select ntfs or fat32 and the cluster size.

Then just follow the onscreen directions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)