USB port installation?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Shadowhunta, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Shadowhunta
    OP

Shadowhunta GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2006
    Hants
    Hi, i swear i saw on these forums that somebody was offering micro usb port installs for 3ds and 3dsxl, or am i going mad?? If anyone can do this in the UK, please let me know as i am interested :)

2. Crisp Cookie

Crisp Cookie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Belgium
    Would love to know that too, but then in Belgium.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    do you know why they are used for?
    and yes they are popular...

they aren't normal usb ports, they are for nand backup and restore only purposes.
    and actually they are not for plug into usb, that is just a connector for use with a sd card adapter like this:

(in the picture there is another plug, but can be any plug for example a usb one..)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. Shadowhunta
    OP

Aug 1, 2006
    Hants
    I know what its for, and you *can* do it via usb i was reading on another thread, i was simply enquiring as to who might offer this in the UK.
    If no-one is doing it then i will look into doing it myself, i have the electronics know how, and the tools, just thought it would be easier to pay someone else to fit it.

5. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    it's not that much different, use a micro usb card reader to convert SD to usb and solder it internal... just know it will only work for restoring your own backub. you can't connect your arduino anymore.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    I do them in the uk, was probably me you where referring to, not seen any other UK based people doing it

7. Shadowhunta
    OP

Aug 1, 2006
    Hants
    Yes, it was you!

8. dbcopter

dbcopter Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    I also do it and I'm in the UK..but unfortunately I'm off on holiday Saturday.