USB pen problem

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use a 4gb pen I bought from a local electrical store and when I put it into my XP it autoplays but when I put the same pen into my vista laptop it recognises it once and then when I put it back in again, it never recognises it again unless I restart the PC. The pen doesn't come with driver CD so I have no idea what to do now

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh and even if I choose the safely remove hardware option, it still won't recognise the pen when I replug it in. There wasn't much important data so I formatted it and it still won't recognise it

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Try formatting it on the Vista lappy( I know you formatted it, but you didn't say what you did it on) and update your USB drivers for your lappy. All I can think of
unsure.gif

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a bit of a long shot, but you could try disabling the ReadyBoost service of the Vista laptop. After disabling it try rebooting the laptop and then try plugging the drive in and out.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After much thought I decided to get a new one from my local store and as usual, it works okay on my XP but when plugged into my Vista, it works once but if I remove and put it back in, it doesn't recognise it.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even with the drivers upgraded, I'm still having problems in getting it to recognise my USB pen. And it isn't just my one pen. It's with my other one as wel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ