Trophies
XP
Country
scareyb said:
hi i have a problem with usb mic in we sing game #
the mic is from high school musical game
so i bought the we sing game because it said it was compatable
but wont reconise it any help would be great

I assume you have softmodded or harmodded your wii! If not ignore my post as this info will be of little use to you otherwise! Also having bootmii as boot2 and preloader installed will prevent you from accidentally bricking your wii, that is, if you have hbc already?

I too read somewhere on gba temp that the mics for high school musical on the ps2 work and have been looking to purchase some on the cheap for this reason!

It may well be the cIOS's you are using. Are you using waninkoko's cIOS (249)??
There are well known problems with a few instruments not working with waninkoko's cIOS. I have also read that some people prefer to use Wani's cIOS 36rev7 for playing music games and getting their instruments working.
I have read lots of threads in the past where they say that installing Hermes cIOS (222,223) will solve this issue. It did for me with guitar!

I too had problems with certain games getting my guitar to work with them. Installing Hermes cIOS fixed this for me. I now play all of my GH & RB games using hermes cIOS's 222 with Wiiflow USB Loader 222 and they all work great apart from RB1 and RB1 Trackpack1, but this is a known prob with my guitar.

For reference, the 'Logitech Vantage USB Mic' is the best mic to get for the wii as i believe it works on everygame or most music games.

If you want to read more about hermes google "hermes 222", should be the 1st link on google. (not sure if links to cios's is permitted on gbatemp!) (I followed this guide to the letter!)

Too get further help from others make sure you include the following into your next post!

* Wii System menu you are on (i.e 4.1,4.2)
* Include the version of Waninkoko's cIOS's you are using. (i.e cIOS 36Rev10, 38Rev14 etc)
* Have you tried it on any other games i.e Rockband, Guitar Hero(s) etc?

Have a little 'search' around the forum for other similar threads, there are quite a few on gbatemp! Someone will be able to confirm whether they have got this game working with ps2 High school musical mics!

Hope this helps!

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My g/f and I bought Nickelodeon Naked Brothers Band game for $15 because it came with a microphone. As it turned out, its a logitech microphone and we use it contantly with GH5 and Rock Band Beatles. It works great. (NBB game is still sealed in factory plastic
smileipb2.png
)

That being said, getting it to work was a bit a of a nuisance. I had to use MulticIOS in 223 and Hermes in 222, and have to use different IOS's depening on what game I want to play... Search around a bit, it may just be an IOS issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi