Hardware USB Malfunctioned

Abrahamtheman852

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now this happened quite a long time ago, and while I now use a seagate tb hdd for my wii (it works perfectly) I was still wondering:

Hey, can I bring my USB back.

Now this isn't really talked about as everyone says 'use a HDD, they're more reliable', but recently I wanted to see if I could bring
my usb back, without needing to return it to my manufacturer, here's the deal, a year ago, I used a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 3.0 32gb usb
to try store wbfs on there ( it failed) it didn't show up on the wii, I went back to my computer, nothing shows up, I tried all this Go To ThE dIsK
MaNaGeMeNt AnD aSsIgN a NeW dRiVe LeTtTEr, but you know what? IT AIN'T THERE!!! So i'm like, oh crap, I'm screwed, so I search up the problem and it says,
It could be a driver problem, now I've seen this before, heck, this ain't the first time I saw a usb corrupt, it happened to my flash drive! And I tried this solution, and it's bull crap,
so I skipped it, I troubleshooted and it said UpDaTe ThE sYsTeM, NO S*IT SHERLOCK! Pardon my language :bow: So I update and I see no change, then I'm recommended
the software that Re installs drivers, I check it out, BUT I ONLY GET HALFWAY WHEN I REALIZE YOU HAVE TO PAY:hateit: NO WAY MATE!! So I'm stuck, and I do what is the best solution.

give up.

So yeah, I got a new 1tb hdd for Christmas, and it runs fine! But the usb in the drawer always looks good condition and I can't waste it!! So now I ask for solutions.....

Unless you tell me it's impossible, then I'm okay with that:rofl2:

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry. Flash memory is not reliable. It's the main problem in any hacking community that relies on flash memory it's gonna fail at some point and there is nothing you can do but to have a backup.

Reactions: jeannotte

Abrahamtheman852

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry. Flash memory is not reliable. It's the main problem in any hacking community that relies on flash memory it's gonna fail at some point and there is nothing you can do but to have a backup.

Thanks for the info, I knew this was gonna fail somehow, now I can't get those 10 mins of writing this thread back!! :rofl2:

Aeredren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
Well, their should be a way to reformat the usb stick even if windows does not automount it, no ?
On linux command line it would look like that :
  1. See if there is a disk (/dev/sd*) that correspond to the usb stick with "sudo fdisk -l" Let call the usb disk /dev/sde for the example.
  2. rebuild a partition table with "sudo fdisk /dev/sde"
  3. rebuild a filesystem with "sudo mkfs.fat -F 32 -n KEYNAME /dev/sde"
Or simply using Gparted or any other disk utility.

Their should be a way to reformat a usb key with a corrupted file system on windows as well as long as the usb key microcontroller is not f**** up.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-