USB loader's wont recognize USB device.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by corndogman, Aug 6, 2009.

Aug 6, 2009
  1. corndogman
    OP

Newcomer corndogman Newbie

United States
    For some reason, none of the USB loader's I've tried using can recognize my flash drive. Its formatted to WBFS and has an .iso on it, however its not a normal flash drive. its my mp3 player (creative zen vision m) which has a removable disk feature (just a partition really). Its set to the removable disk mode, and usually the screen changes when its plugged in, but its not. I'm using version 4.1u, and I'm pretty sure I have the latest cIOS, but post if you think that's the issue.

Also while I'm here, I'm having trouble with the backup loader trying to play a burned disc. I'm using 0.3 gamma loader with 002 fix. it loads the game fine at first and takes me to the menu. I start the actual game then, it plays the opening cut scene then starts to lag and eventually i get a black screen that says "an error has occurred blah blah." They're verbatim dvd-r discs burned at 4x, so I don't think that's the issue.

any help?

2. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Don't know bout ur USB loader problem probably just incompatible and you need a normal hard drive. As far as the backup loader goes. The one ur using is outdated. Go get neogamma rev 7 by wiipower. Btw I think u do need cios rev 14 for the neogamma rev 7. So if ur cios isn't 14 just get neogamma rev 6. If the iso still dosent work I'd say it's a bad rip

3. Caliban

Newcomer Caliban Member

United States
    The Zen probably isn't work because the WBFS partition on that drive isn't the main/primary partition, but I could be wrong. I just set up my Wii today and I yanked a HDD out of my GF's old laptop and used a USB enclosure case. So far it's working great.

4. corndogman
    OP

Newcomer corndogman Newbie

United States
    Yeah, I figured it was probably incompatible or an issue with the partition. I'm looking into getting an external HDD anyways. Or I might try doing what you did Caliban with an old laptop.

Jabmaster you were right, the game is running perfectly now with neogamma R6, thanks a lot!