Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

LuffarJoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chibiushi said:
I just installed v7 (with the SD image patch) and when I click thru the games really fast after about thirty games the loader says 'error abort', or something like that and resets to the HBC.

edit: I also get the memory alloc error when trying to insall games.

did you try this version http://sharebee.com/99567139 ?
Ultimatev7.0.1

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
j.m.g.a said:
Would be possible to make an auto-rescaling dol instead of changing all the covers?

Problem is that 4x3 and 16x9 backgrounds need to have different aspectratios to look correct on their native screens.

So "I think" to just "auto-rescale" wouldn't really work for this, because x,y coordinates will move/change somewhat.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
When using my background the top pixels are cut off.
Has that something to do with videomode?
It's a 640x480 file, non-widescreen (also in settings)

also, what are the dimensions for widescreen (when developing) and what dimensions should it be on sd?

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For games that use IOS35 (such as the Wii de Asobu series) prominently, will there ever be a fix that allows these games to run on the USB loader?

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
LuffarJoh said:
chibiushi said:
I just installed v7 (with the SD image patch) and when I click thru the games really fast after about thirty games the loader says 'error abort', or something like that and resets to the HBC.

edit: I also get the memory alloc error when trying to insall games.

did you try this version http://sharebee.com/99567139 ?
Ultimatev7.0.1

I can to confirm something similar to this, seems to happen when downloading cover art... I got to 30th.. and it crashed, returning to homebrew channel.

this was in version 7.0.1

Wouldn't a good idea be for the cover art to be downloaded in bulk, on boot ?...

i.e scanning for new games...

new games found...

downloading covers please wait...

done

scenario 2...

scanning for new games...

no new games found...

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For games that use IOS35 (such as the Wii de Asobu series) prominently, will there ever be a fix that allows these games to run on the USB loader?

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
also, what are the dimensions for widescreen (when developing) and what dimensions should it be on sd?

853x480 in development mode to make sure the widescreen looks correct, resize to 640x480 and it looks pressed together, SAVE.

So.

DEV = 853x480
SD = 640x480

LuffarJoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 16 2009, 04:18 PM) I can to confirm something similar to this, seems to happen when downloading cover art... I got to 30th.. and it crashed, returning to homebrew channel.

this was in version 7.0.1

Wouldn't a good idea be for the cover art to be downloaded in bulk, on boot ?...

i.e scanning for new games...

new games found...

downloading covers please wait...

done

scenario 2...

scanning for new games...

no new games found...

does this only occur when you have download = 1 ?

pls try this one: http://sharebee.com/9715db0a"" target="_blank"> http://sharebee.com/9715db0a

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reign1 said:
Im assuming that the new widescreen option is wholly incompatible with neorames latest coverart/bg set?

actually it isn't because in v7 the covers are on the right side now. so you need to use these co-ods to switch them back
wacko.gif

covers_coords=28,106
console_coords=252,54,340,290

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
PNo4 said:
kedest said:

853x480 in development mode to make sure the widescreen looks correct, resize to 640x480 and it looks pressed together, SAVE.

So.

DEV = 853x480
SD = 640x480

Great, thanks!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PNo4 said:
kedest said:

So.

DEV = 853x480
SD = 640x480

tried that it didn't look any different the cover and backgroun wasn't lined up properly maybe i have the wrong co-ods. what would be the wide screen co-ods for a skin using this template? half the skins on my site use this so i need to find them out!

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Bladexdsl

cover:

console:

//EDIT:
Maybe you get issues like blackscreen or wiimote won't sync, cos the X cord is not dividable by 4.
But I'm not sure...

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Preacher said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 16 2009, 11:26 AM) new background for 7.0

wide screen only...

bg216x9x.png

config settings...

layout = ultimate_w
wbackground = bg216x9x.png
widescreen = 1
covers_coords=478,110

Thank you very much! I'm now completly happy with how the loader looks.
yay.gif

Besides thanking I would also like to ask a question, to anyone who knows the answer really, I've changed the config.txt so simple = 1, which means the ability to install or remove games is taken away, however as soon as I press + or - it prompts me the question if I want to install or remove, now I haven't tried any of it since... well I don't want to delete any game and last time I installed through the loader itself it took about an hour so I don't want to do that either. Anyway, is it an error in the code or is there something in the config I haven't activated which make it disregard that option? Or does it tell that that wont work once I actually confirm?

It works great but i can see that we have some more space for at least 3 more titles on the screen.So can anyone tell me the console_coords for 15 games per page?Thanks a lot!

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok now my widescreen back wont even show up the loader starts with big black screen nothing else showing and mote doesn't work wither. i have this on my config the png are named correctly and are in the images folder wtf.

# USBLoader config
images_path=SD:/images/
background = bg.png
wbackground = wbg.png
layout = ultimatew
downloadinstall = 1
hidesettingmenu = 0
widescreen = 1
covers = 1
simple = 1
download = 0
console_color=0,15
covers_coords=27,105
console_coords=247,23,368,306
#

i'm putting 6.7 back in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol