Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

grante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know suggestions are pretty useless without code patches being included, but what I would love to see (and might try to code if someone better doesn't get to it first):

- Hide the language and video mode and possible cheats settings to a separate menu - most of the time people aren't changing these, and it would free some space up for listing the games.

- Adjustable text size (which looking over things would probably mean completely rewriting it to use graphics instead of the text console, at least as far as I can find).

dewisp02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wqu said:
dewisp02 said:
I did some searching and couldnt turn up the issue Im having with WiiShizza's USB loader v6.7... I launch it from HBC and when it starts it cuts communication with my wii-mote. I try re-syncing, but just flashes and turns off. I tried inserting the flash drive in before I start the program and after it starts [when its counting down], but still same thing. Im not sure what's causing this.. really hope this isnt posted anywhere else [like I said, I searched (for 3 days now)] as I hate reading the same posts over and over just as all of you do. It takes so much longer to search for anything on here now that there are usbloader threads flooding the form. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am on 3.2U and have starfall.
I think it is your flash drive is not supported by usb loader. I have the some problem when I try to use a flash drive. When I change back to HDD, the problem is gone.

it is on the compatible list and this is happening without the flash drive being in the Wii. I should have been more clear earlier [I only told you all that to show it couldnt be the flashdrive]... anyways... this is what i did. I tried launching WiiShizza's USB loader v6.7 [without anything in the usb slot], and wii-mote disconnects and wont reconnect. I then hit the reset button on wii and tried launching WiiShizza's USB loader v6.7 again through HBC [again without anything in USB slot], but this time I insert the flash drive despite the wii-mote disconnecting... still no go... wii-mote wont sync. I tried again thinking maybe the flashdrive needed to be inserted before WiiShizza's USB loader v6.7 launches, so this time with the flash drive in the wii, launch it... same problem.
This is an issue with the wiimote not staying connected once the program launches, not with the flash drive since its not even in the wii and still having the wii-mote disconnecting... Its once I launch the loader, wii-motes disconnects so I dont think the flashdrive is causing this issue... cant be the flashddrive since its not even in the Wii... hope this clears up my vague initial description. anyone have any ideas? has there been any known bugs causing this sort of issue with any homebrew apps? I only have this issue with WiiShizza's USB loader v6.6 and .7 [only usb loader ive tried so far]. Could my Wii be missing an IOS or something? My backup launchers work and so do all my homebrew. If I figure this out, Ill update the post.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
grante said:
I know suggestions are pretty useless without code patches being included, but what I would love to see (and might try to code if someone better doesn't get to it first):

- Hide the language and video mode and possible cheats settings to a separate menu - most of the time people aren't changing these, and it would free some space up for listing the games.

This is being worked on by hungyip84 himself! v7 beta already has a settings menu (press B to pull it up) and he said he would work on the "hide" config for the next release'

grante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome.

BTW, I saw on this site somewhere today a background that had the spine of the dvd cases built in so it looked 3d...i've searched for awhile and can't find it...anyone know the one I'm talking about?

donnyp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 14 2009, 05:36 PM)
bg216x9.png

slightly more accurate DVD cover type for 16x9 (slight adjustment in box..)

set config to;

covers_coords=478,110

cover fits spot on...

I believe you are referring to this background.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at other threads and the GUI versions looks really great. Anyone know where I could find reference to learn about writing GUI codes?

donnyp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I resized about 1,300 covers that are made for Widescreen. This should be most covers for PAL, NTSC and NTSC-J Games.

Resized to 120x225 and in .png format

Size: 97mb zipped

Let me know if any or missing or not.

Big thanks to Kosaic and maddoc, dsk, wiisel and everyone else for the original cover work.

Uploaded to mediafire. You are more than welcome to mirror this package.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1l3nmndjjyd

Hope you enjoy

DonnyP
cool.gif

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
I looked at other threads and the GUI versions looks really great. Anyone know where I could find reference to learn about writing GUI codes?

Not really
frown.gif
sorry, but it sounds like those loaders are a pain to debug and I doubt any of them have all the features and config options you have in your newest version! Maybe wait until they have some stable code base and then start merging over. I still think this is the best functioning loader out right now followed by oggzee's at a close second.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you really need to be on a comp all day to stay up to date with this thread!

I am a bit lost.....I am about to use version 6.7, can somebody please share their config file with me? I have no f'ing clue what options are now available....the first post in this thread helps very little with all the revisions being made.

Thanks
smile.gif

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Stang said:
Wow, you really need to be on a comp all day to stay up to date with this thread!

I am a bit lost.....I am about to use version 6.7, can somebody please share their config file with me? I have no f'ing clue what options are now available....the first post in this thread helps very little with all the revisions being made.

Thanks
smile.gif

Here's mine:

http://pastebin.com/f1f8ea439

wqu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewisp02 said:
wqu said:
dewisp02 said:
I did some searching and couldnt turn up the issue Im having with WiiShizza's USB loader v6.7... I launch it from HBC and when it starts it cuts communication with my wii-mote. I try re-syncing, but just flashes and turns off. I tried inserting the flash drive in before I start the program and after it starts [when its counting down], but still same thing. Im not sure what's causing this.. really hope this isnt posted anywhere else [like I said, I searched (for 3 days now)] as I hate reading the same posts over and over just as all of you do. It takes so much longer to search for anything on here now that there are usbloader threads flooding the form. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am on 3.2U and have starfall.
I think it is your flash drive is not supported by usb loader. I have the some problem when I try to use a flash drive. When I change back to HDD, the problem is gone.

it is on the compatible list and this is happening without the flash drive being in the Wii. I should have been more clear earlier [I only told you all that to show it couldnt be the flashdrive]... anyways... this is what i did. I tried launching WiiShizza's USB loader v6.7 [without anything in the usb slot], and wii-mote disconnects and wont reconnect. I then hit the reset button on wii and tried launching WiiShizza's USB loader v6.7 again through HBC [again without anything in USB slot], but this time I insert the flash drive despite the wii-mote disconnecting... still no go... wii-mote wont sync. I tried again thinking maybe the flashdrive needed to be inserted before WiiShizza's USB loader v6.7 launches, so this time with the flash drive in the wii, launch it... same problem.
This is an issue with the wiimote not staying connected once the program launches, not with the flash drive since its not even in the wii and still having the wii-mote disconnecting... Its once I launch the loader, wii-motes disconnects so I dont think the flashdrive is causing this issue... cant be the flashddrive since its not even in the Wii... hope this clears up my vague initial description. anyone have any ideas? has there been any known bugs causing this sort of issue with any homebrew apps? I only have this issue with WiiShizza's USB loader v6.6 and .7 [only usb loader ive tried so far]. Could my Wii be missing an IOS or something? My backup launchers work and so do all my homebrew. If I figure this out, Ill update the post.
I think, for the loader, there is no difference between no usb drive and a non-supported drive. The loader just didn't see anything it could read.

saelee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donnyp said:
bg216x9.png

set config to;

covers_coords=478,110

cover fits spot on...

whats your
console_coords = ?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need/can I have cios36 rev 10 if I run v6.7 one usb loader 1.1?

1.1 still loads images faster than 1.4 correct?

Baker_Au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the chances of an extremely kid friendly config option - one that can't change language, video modes, oricana, or anything, just boot games?

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Stang said:
Holy shit you could make a new version of windows with that many lines of code!
tongue.gif

Thanks very much for that evvil!

haha ya and v7 beta has a few more lines:

# parentalcontrol = [0] 1 2
# 0 => turn off parental control
# 1 => only allow games with 0 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 2 => only allow games with 0 or 1 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 3 => only allow games with 0 or 1 or 2 to show up (in titles.txt)

parentalcontrol = 0

# downloadinstall = [0] 1
# 0 => download cover art automatically when you install game
# 1 => don't download cover art when you install game

downloadinstall = 0

priv8dan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an idea I want to throw out to you guys here, because we have soo many amazing looking background png files:

Some PNG files could have a TXT containing: background, console_cords, console_color, and covers_cords?
(ie, bg.txt for bg.png)
bg.txt said:
background = bg.png
console_cords = x,y,width,height
console_color=foreground,background
covers_coords=x,y
Config.txt no longer has [background=] settings, maybe we can have [theme=] where the user can change it according to the TXT file they are using (ie, theme = bg1.txt) it'll certainly make things simpler no?

We just keep these txt on the SD card and we only have to change one thing in the config.txt file.
Maybe I'm being too lazy, but I think it's a great idea......
What do you guys think?

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Baker_Au said:
What are the chances of an extremely kid friendly config option - one that can't change language, video modes, oricana, or anything, just boot games?

This should be fairly easy once the settings menu is complete. Hopefully there will be an option to hide things
wink.gif
and hungyip84 mentioned getting rid of the simple option, so I think he would make each button have a config option for on or off. Just disable all buttons but [A] and your set! hell v7 even has parental controls for ya!

donnyp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saelee84 said:
donnyp said:
bg216x9.png

set config to;

covers_coords=478,110

cover fits spot on...

whats your
console_coords = ?

I havent gotten around to setting mine up yet. Im still running rev 9 with v5. I think these are the coordinates you want though

CODE
console_coords=40,71,340,290

Try those out, should be what your looking for

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh