Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i need someone (or two) to test this dol. Its based on V4 of this loader (i'll base it off V5 once it works, ie give the code to hungyip).

I've added network support and the ability to download boxart directly from the net (if a connection is available) and only if a title does not have an associated png. It will save it to your SD card for future use.

I swear something is wrong with my libogc and networking, but to rule out the possibility that its my network, i'd like a few of you to test it and report back if it successfully downloaded the png for the highlighted game, or any errors you encountered.

In order to test, please remove a png for one of your titles from your SD card, that way its not present and the loader will try to download you a replacement once you highlight it in the game list.

Once you highlight the game in the list, if successful, you will see the boxart for the game. Chances are though, you'll recieve the blank png and an error will show at the bottom of the console, saying "unable to resolve host".

Please report back asap, i'd really appreciate it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ftmzwgdzmlt/boot.dol

Fors

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks.

Ok, see. I don't know what happened, but the background changed for a bg like this, but with the options for ultimate version.
My config.txt:
images_path=SD:/images/
background = bg.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
console_color=0,10

and my bg.png is like the post #1

:S

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Where do we need the config.txt now? I just tried v5 and lost backgrounds box art and everything else that was in the config file. I tried /apps/usbloader /usbloader and root. Its not reading the title.txt either just went back to v4 and everything works fine again so its not my sd.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evvil said:
Where do we need the config.txt now? I just tried v5 and lost backgrounds box art and everything else that was in the config file. I tried /apps/usbloader /usbloader and root. Its not reading the title.txt either just went back to v4 and everything works fine again so its not my sd.

Put "titles.txt" under SD:/apps/usbloader/

for config.txt, put it under SD:/apps/usbloader/ or SD:/

if you don't give config.txt, the loader will read the images from SD:/images/

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
evvil said:
yes same here.
Is like it doesnt use the config.txt and I have no covers and no bg.png

V5

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FvKey said:
evvil said:
yes same here.
Is like it doesnt use the config.txt and I have no covers and no bg.png

V5

Maybe there is a bug. I will look at that.

Please let me know what is not working.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evvil said:
That's odd because mine booted up just fine.
unsure.gif

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
okay, i need someone (or two) to test this dol. Its based on V4 of this loader (i'll base it off V5 once it works, ie give the code to hungyip).

I've added network support and the ability to download boxart directly from the net (if a connection is available) and only if a title does not have an associated png. It will save it to your SD card for future use.

I swear something is wrong with my libogc and networking, but to rule out the possibility that its my network, i'd like a few of you to test it and report back if it successfully downloaded the png for the highlighted game, or any errors you encountered.

In order to test, please remove a png for one of your titles from your SD card, that way its not present and the loader will try to download you a replacement once you highlight it in the game list.

Once you highlight the game in the list, if successful, you will see the boxart for the game. Chances are though, you'll recieve the blank png and an error will show at the bottom of the console, saying "unable to resolve host".

Please report back asap, i'd really appreciate it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ftmzwgdzmlt/boot.dol

Fors

Nice job! I couldn't wait to see this feature =)

chihiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
FvKey said:
Thanks, hungyip84.
I'm testing now...

One thing... I need to know the colors and numers to config the console...

if you mean the background color
there is a easy option.

// Ultimate1: (WiiShizza) White background
// Ultimate2: (jservs7 / hungyip84) Black background

priv8dan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
Maybe there is a bug. I will look at that.

Please let me know what is not working.

none of the settings in the config.txt are read. I tried to change the console_color to wacky colors but it all shows up as black background with white text. Also it's still home = reboot still brings me back to HBC. I hope that helps!

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jservs7 said:
evvil said:
unsure.gif
V5?

Strange...

And the Home button brings me back to HBC too.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
evvil said:

Put "titles.txt" under SD:/apps/usbloader/

for config.txt, put it under SD:/apps/usbloader/ or SD:/

if you don't give config.txt, the loader will read the images from SD:/images/

V5 is not reading the config.txt or images.txt then, I tried 2 different sd cards reformatted even to be sure, and same result I just get the default background no box art or title changes. Everything works just fine if I go back to v4 except for the home config bug.

Posts merged

jservs7 said:
QUOTE(evvil @ Apr 13 2009, 01:27 AM)
unsure.gif

your background is the loaders default, try a different one

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
evvil said:
unsure.gif

priv8dan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my config.txt file:

images_path = SD:\images\
background = bg.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
console_color =0,15
home = reboot

located at the root of the SD card as well as SD:\apps\usbloader

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evvil said:
jservs7 said:
evvil said:
unsure.gif

Well my disc covers still load so I'm not sure why everything else wouldn't. Hmmmm

My color change in text shows up as well and exiting to the system menu works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Thinking about writing a Dr Frankenstein fan fic.... Playing Dr with the dead, when science and...