USB Loader Linux Ripping

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shadowmanr6, Mar 31, 2009.

Mar 31, 2009

USB Loader Linux Ripping by shadowmanr6 at 5:40 AM (1,238 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. shadowmanr6
    OP

Newcomer shadowmanr6 Advanced Member

United States
    So used the ripping feature via wii and was able to rip Ghost Squad perfectly fine, so decided to boot into linux and attempt to rip my iso's to the same thumbdrive, mounted perfectly fine, but didnt show the game i had just ripped onto it, paid no attention to this and decided to try ripping several games. Tried house of the dead overkill, got to about 30% and then skipped to adding it and gave the following error "error seeking in disc file: Invalid argument" attempted a different game super mario galaxy, and received the same error, both games i know work when burned, going to try and rip the disc via wii and see if i get the same result. Has anyone else used the linux tools yet? Errors attached

ubuntu@ubuntu:/media/WII/ROOT/PUBLIC/CONSOLE/+TOOLS+/EXE-wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs ls
    using /dev/sdi
    wbfs empty
    ubuntu@ubuntu:/media/WII/ROOT/PUBLIC/CONSOLE/+TOOLS+/EXE-wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs add '/media/WII/ROOT/PUBLIC/CONSOLE/+GAMES+/HOTDOK/The House of the Dead OVERKILL NTSC-U.iso'
    using /dev/sdi
    adding RHOE8P The House of the Dead:OVERKILL...
    error seeking in disc file: Invalid argument
    ubuntu@ubuntu:/media/WII/ROOT/PUBLIC/CONSOLE/+TOOLS+/EXE-wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs lsusing /dev/sdi
    wbfs empty
    ubuntu@ubuntu:/media/WII/ROOT/PUBLIC/CONSOLE/+TOOLS+/EXE-wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs add '/media/WII/ROOT/PUBLIC/CONSOLE/+GAMES+/SMG/p-smg.iso'
    using /dev/sdi
    adding RMGE01 SUPER MARIO GALAXY...
    error seeking in disc file: Invalid argument

UPDATE: just plugged the thumbdrive back into the Wii and Ghost Squad was gone, so guessing it didnt like being mounted in linux, attempting to rip HOTD:OK right now, ripping VERY slow (30mins+) compared to Ghost Squad (about 6-7mins)

2. powergman

Newcomer powergman Newbie

United States
    I have also tried the linux version and have seen quite a couple of problems. Particularly, when I tried to pass MadWorld directly from this PC to the drive, it stopped at 30.30% with that very same error.

I am guessing there's some leak or something in the program... Which sucks. I don't want to have to burn the games first to pass them to the ext. drive.