Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I posted this in another topic, but it might be some help here:

QUOTE said:
Okay, I did some testing.

Rebooting and trying with the partitioned 4gb resulted in the same error. Trying with both sticks in both slots resulted in no partition found, with the 4gb unrecognised.

Switching them around, so the working USB was in the left slot, resulted in my original error.

Plugging in an extension with the 4gb resulted in the error.

The extension + the 256mb resulted in the no partition found.

Switching the 256mb to the 4gb in the extension, resulted in the 4gb showing up. I then pressed B to exit back to the menu, whereupon Animal Crossing came up on the device. I had the disc out and attempted to boot the game, which worked fine.

So it seems if you have a non-functioning device, you may be able to get functionality out of it, via swapping for a working one.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
anonymous_cactus said:
a new wii is being shipped to me with 3.1u installed, i bought it 2 hours ago...
smile.gif

I'm sure i'll send you a PM, Kong, in the next 2-3 days just to make sure 100% I have the entire process down correctly from start to finish... since you are very knowledgeable... and i promise that will be the last time I bother you LOL -- the other difference is I will not be installing a hardware mod this time around.

Not sure what I'm going to do with my old wiikey/4.0 wii w.o cios, yet. Before anything I want to make sure my new one is working 100% how I want.

It looks like the USB loader has motivated you to get another Wii after all? May I know if the new one you are getting is chipped or you planning to softmod it yourself? A US machine? Do share your upgrading experience with me over PM if possible. Thanks!

Posts merged

Do you need to install the USB2.0 CIOS to compliment the loader? Anyone tried WD passport essential series of HDDs yet? Or seagate freeagents?

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8GB Sandisk Micro SDHC with Cyclo DS Evolution USB Micro SD->USB adapter. Works great, no problems as of yet. Have tested with Wii Sports and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Wii Sports took about a minute to install, TvC took about 11. Loads and plays fine.

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd register and jump on to say that I tried using a Western Digital 1TB My Book, and got a nice shiny "ret= -1" so I don't think it works.

**EDIT**
Yeah, I tested it out a bunch of different ways and still got an error, so my only hope will be to wait to see if there's an updated version that has better hard drive compatibility
frown.gif

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my Western Digital 500GB MyBook works, I made a separate partition on it for the Wii File System thingy set at 80GB to test it out. It only says that there are 4GB available and I was able to install Pikmin Wii on it just fine, I'm trying to install PES 2009 right now but it will take a half hour to install, Pikmin only took 8 minutes. I'll let you guys know how it goes once it's installed (if it installs).

Worked great, time to install more games.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
40GB IDE WD Caviar in iSun Enclosure working fine.
After formatting it reported 1.25GB free.
After installing some games it reports around 2.5GB free and used.
Nice reduction of load time in MadWorld.

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debating between a blue 320gig WD passport at newegg for $79.99, black 500gb and the Toshiba 320 for $72 (or 500 for 96) but at amazon i gotta pay tax (stupid NY amazon tax)... both don't need power... but I find it odd that one size passport works but not another "40GB WD passport did not work"...

EDIT: they also have a WD 400gb black drive at newegg for 79.99 as well but its not a passport, its an "elements" drive... dunno about that. But they also have the 400gb black for 89.99 the passport model. Sounds like everyone with the 320 WD passports have had no problems whatsoeverbut they cost so much in comparison to the other colors with great size... bah! ... and yes in white I think that would be extra sexy
smile.gif

EDIT 2: ended up buying the black 320 WD passport from newegg... the evil contrast between black and white lol saved $20 that way :-P. if I don't like it it can always be tucked away hidden from view, so no big deal. Just realized I could have got the extra 80gb [400gb black] for $10 mpre... but I know the 320 will work for sure, and I think having 80+ games will be plenty lol. Both my new wii and my new hard drive should be here by friday
smile.gif
--- the only downside to all of this is the few saves that I can no longer use / transfer from the one system to the other... smash bros and mario kart specifically... oh well i guess i'll live

Off to bed finally, its almost 5am here... yikes!! gotta put away that credit card :-P

malacai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a white 320gig WD passport usb drive.. works like a charm.. and matches the wii. OMG they are pretty together =P

collin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it helps, the issue preventing the Loader from working for me was that I had a GUID partition table -- set to MBR and it worked well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can