• Views 7,163,290
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok used different sd card and got it working but i still don't see how to put the game counter on in gui settings.

There isn't a setting for it. You can hide it with a theme setting. I just looked at the code and it's not using a thread for the game count. It just uses size() on the GameTitles vector and that is populated synchronously when the loader initializes or you make changes to your titles on the disc, so there should be no issue with an orphaned thread.

You can, however, turn off the free space indicator in GUI Settings. That is threaded and has been reported to hang if a title is launched before it's done.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's strange, nobody else reported that problem, and 1265 has even better compatibility with nintendont as it adds missing settings.
How do you launch the loader? from wii, vwii or WiiUVC?

I didn't test myself, but other users said it was working.
going back to 1262 fix the issue?

I am on the Wii.

Now that I think about his some more. I don’t think it was ever working for me on 1262, but I will try to verify.

Last edited by ngs428,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a setting for it. You can hide it with a theme setting. I just looked at the code and it's not using a thread for the game count. It just uses size() on the GameTitles vector and that is populated synchronously when the loader initializes or you make changes to your titles on the disc, so there should be no issue with an orphaned thread.

You can, however, turn off the free space indicator in GUI Settings. That is threaded and has been reported to hang if a title is launched before it's done.
i have no issues now with anything. apparently all my issues was with my sd card. but i would like a game counter is there any way to get that back?

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
i'm running usbloader gx on my vwii. it runs pretty good but the only problem i have is
Exiting the game sends me back to USB Loader GX - which is good
exiting USB Loader GX (to HBL or System doesnt matter) leaves me with a black screen and I need to unplug my wiius psu

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really believe most people's issues with usbloadergx comes from their usb hard drives that are portable. I have a toshiba drive that for some reason requires the use of a y splitter cable one connected to the wiiu back port and the other connected to my computer's usb port. apparently both usb ports on back of my wiiu don't provide enought power to the drive. i suspect many people have this issue and don't know why the drive doesn't initialize. I also had a second work around which was to unplug the usb drive from the wiiu untill usbloader said waiting on hdd and then plug it in and that would work sometimes.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB ports have a maximum power output in volts and wattage. If the drive needs more than that it has to be drawn from a separate port.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Power

A PC might be more tolerant of a higher than specification load but the Wii apparently isn't. The USB specifications actually consider the Y-cable method nonstandard. A device that draws more than the port it's connected to can supply is suppposed to have external power.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB ports have a maximum power output in volts and wattage. If the drive needs more than that it has to be drawn from a separate port.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Power

A PC might be more tolerant of a higher than specification load but the Wii apparently isn't. The USB specifications actually consider the Y-cable method nonstandard. A device that draws more than the port it's connected to can supply is suppposed to have external power.
well i don't know why when i connect both to the back of my wiiu usbloader gx can't initialize the drive. only happens with my toshiba drive. my western digital works fine with a single cable for wiiu wup intalled games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
but i would like a game counter is there any way to get that back?
set the option back to enabled.
but try not to launch a game right after loading the loader, it might crash if the game count text is not displayed yet.
the bigger the partition, the longer it could be. (or maybe it's based on how many game you have)

i'm running usbloader gx on my vwii. it runs pretty good but the only problem i have is
Exiting the game sends me back to USB Loader GX - which is good
exiting USB Loader GX (to HBL or System doesnt matter) leaves me with a black screen and I need to unplug my wiius psu
which version of the loader ? 1262 or 1265 ?
which version of HBC did you install ? the hackmii installer version, or the wad version?

return to system menu should work :/

well i don't know why when i connect both to the back of my wiiu usbloader gx can't initialize the drive. only happens with my toshiba drive. my western digital works fine with a single cable for wiiu wup intalled games.
it's usually a problem with WD drives. funny it's the contrary for you.
to fix the init problem with WD, setting the IOS to 58 is usually enough.

are you already using IOS58 ? or still have the "loader's IOS" setting to 249 ?

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, it's the same option name you used to disable it two hours ago.
didn't you disabled that option manually ?

if you didn't disable it, and it's not displayed it means it's slow to process (still counting, wait more before launching a game).

Settings > GUI settings > Display game count : enabled/disabled
it's not there?

edit:
My bad, I think it's "show free space" which is problematic if you launch a game before the freespace is displayed, not the game counter.
I thought there were a setting to display/hide the game count.
maybe the gamecount is linked to "show the freespace" setting ?

Last edited by Cyan,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it's the same option name you used to disable it two hours ago.
didn't you disabled that option manually ?

if you didn't disable it, and it's not displayed it means it's slow to process (still counting, wait more before launching a game).

Settings > GUI settings > Display game count : enabled/disabled
it's not there?

edit:
My bad, I think it's "show free space" which is problematic if you launch a game before the freespace is displayed, not the game counter.
I thought there were a setting to display/hide the game count.
maybe the gamecount is linked to "show the freespace" setting ?
i think i only saw play count but i didn't see anything about a game count. i'll check again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, you are right.
I'm searching in the sources and still can't find it... really strange ahah

I'll let you know if I have more clue.

edit:
the HDD info, and game count buttons can be disabled, but they are both piloted by the theme files.
you can choose in the theme if you want them displayed or not. there's no setting in the loader to hide or display them.

Last edited by Cyan,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you are right.
I'm searching in the sources and still can't find it... really strange ahah

I'll let you know if I have more clue.

edit:
the HDD info, and game count buttons can be disabled, but they are both piloted by the theme files.
you can choose in the theme if you want them displayed or not. there's no setting in the loader to hide or display them.
i don't have any themes and downloading says it's not available anymore. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when i go to theme menu it says no themes found. I can only see free space on hdd.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game count is show at the bottom of the main game browser. The play count is in the same place in the banner window. Neither of them should be affecting game loading as the game count is totaled when the loader starts and scans your drive and the play count is just a text file. The only way to get rid of the game/play count display is by moving it off-screen with a theme file. There are no options for turning it off.

Are you sure you're using the official build from Cyan and not my fork?

As for the HDD, from what I understand Toshiba drives are problematic. They have some kind of automatic power saving.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game count is show at the bottom of the main game browser. The play count is in the same place in the banner window. Neither of them should be affecting game loading as the game count is totaled when the loader starts and scans your drive and the play count is just a text file. The only way to get rid of the game/play count display is by moving it off-screen with a theme file. There are no options for turning it off.

Are you sure you're using the official build from Cyan and not my fork?

As for the HDD, from what I understand Toshiba drives are problematic. They have some kind of automatic power saving.
I am using your fork. I have the game counter on 1262 but on 1266 it's missing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you add it to 1266?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple