• Thread starter cyrex
  • Start date
  • Views 7,237,897
  • Replies 29,379
  • Likes 48

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
That's the post I got my original WIP file from.

But anyway, like I said, I removed the WIP folder completely AND the NeoGamma folder from the root of my SD card, and PoP still reboots my Wii when launching with GX r935.

I tried AutoPatch, same thing.

I should add the game also boots fine in uLoader 5.1D (as well as NeoGamma). I have no idea if it plays ok, but I can get right past all of the opening credits to the main intro, and pressing the Home button on the Wiimote works ok. In both cases (uLoader AND NeoGamma) I tried with no WIP folder at all on my card (although there IS a NeoGamma folder on the root with various .wip files in it).

I'm also on 4.2E, cIOS v19 and Hermes v5. I didn't know there WAS a Hermes 5.1, unless you mean uLoader 5.1, which I have.

I also got Rev935 by downloading Rev935.dol and putting it in my Apps/GX folder, renaming it boot.dol and replacing the existing GX boot.dol.

My exact settings:

VideoMode: AutoPatch
VIDTV Patch: Off
Game Language: Console Default
Ocarina: Off
IOS: IOS 249
Parental Control: 0 (Everyone)
Error 002 fix: Anti
Patch Country Strings: OFF
Alternate DOL: Default
Block IOS Reload: Off

From the GX Credits screen: Rev935 IOS249 (Rev 19)

No WIP folder on root of SD card
NeoGamma folder on root of card with .wip files (they are names .wip, not .wip), although I've tried with this folder removed too

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should change the settings to default. Video default. Language disc default and the rest seems to be default from your post. WiiPower said a few posts above that PoP doesn't work with video/language patches or whatever patches.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Am updating to Hermes 5.1 as we speak.

Also I don't have a Disc Default for language - only Console Default, or a specific language.

Update: No good. Updated to 5.1, tried PoP with ISO 249, no luck. Tried again with IOS 223, this time got frozen at black screen, no reboot?

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
I think Hermes 5.x support is broken.
And disc default is for video mode, not language selection
smile.gif

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
That last attempt with IOS 223 was with 002 fix to No.

Tried IOS 222 and 002 fix set to Anti, and it rebooted this time.

Tried IOS 222 and 002 fix set to No, rebooted.

Tried ISO 222 and 002 fix set to No, video mode AutoPatch, rebooted.

Tried IOS 223 and 002 fix set to Anti, video mode AutoPatch, rebooted.

Tried IOS 223 and 002 fix set to On, video mode AutoPatch, rebooted.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I just tried in Cfg Loader v57b5, and changed no settings at all (249, Block IOS Reload: Off, Alt dol: Off, Hook Type: VBI, Clear Patches: Off) and it booted fine, Home button working.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just delete your configs of usbloader gx and try to boot it with the default start. You must have messed something up in them since you are the only person who can't get it to run.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dunno if this helps but, 4.1U

From the credits Rev 935 IOS249 (Rev 17)

Game Load settings:

Video Mode AutoPatch
IOS IOS 223
Error 002 Fix Anti

Deleted the wip file!

Works perfect. No save problems, or crashes. Hope this can help somehow.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Ok I deleted ALL GX config files, and rebooted.

Tried PoP straight away, with no changes to settings, and as usual it rebooted.

tried callmebob's settings above (AutoPatch, IOS 223, Anti 002), SUCCESS!!!! Have reached the intro, etc, and the Home button works.

What's the other test I need to do to confirm it's working 100%?

Thanks a lot guys!!

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to Get Sam and Max Season 1 working with USB Loader GX? Searching comes up with nothing for this game when I search by "sam and max" +sam+max nothing. I am a complete loss and about to go try configurable usb loader that is said to work with it.

Cloud03

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem when playing a pal game via usbloader gx, basically since my Wii is a NTSC/U console I need to use autopatch (only thing that works) in order for the game to play but the problem is when the game starts the bottom screen is missing (no not the black line on the bottom and top) but it's full screen or 4:3 (on a 16:9 tv) but the bottom part of the picture is missing . Anyone has any ideas what's wrong, for example look at your pc and pretend the screen image is full but on the bottom you don't see the clock or any other icons...

BTW, I'm using RGB cables (Blue, green, red,) and also my Wii/TV is set on 4:3/4:3 (I do have a HDTV by the way) I've tried everything like 16:9/4:3 and so on doesn't work...

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
markmcrobie said:
What's .wdm?

A file created by WiiPower.
In a file you write the name of the DOL and the part of the DOL to reach to launch a special part of the game.
Example : "xxx.dol, adress xxxxx = Sam & Max chapter 1".

Don"t know why the game can't be launched "normally' (special protection or just coded with special things)...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OuahOuah said:
Don"t know why the game can't be launched "normally' (special protection or just coded with special things)...
The game reload the dol for every chapter change, and (if I don't say anything wrong) reloading the dol reload the IOS too, then cIOS is unloaded, USB disconnected.
We need to boot the chapter manually while loading the cIOS first.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, i can't take anybody telling to turn anti 002 fix on seriously...

For Prince of Persia, it's everything else than the patch in the .wip file that makes the game crash. This includes:
Language patching(->select default language)
Video mode patching(->turn off video mode patches, turn of VIDTV patch)
Countrying patching(->...)
Ocarina(->select no hook, turn off Ocarina, turn off debugger)
Anti 002 fix(which is NOT REQUIRED FOR ANYTHING ANYWAYS!)
Disc-in-drive-check patching(which is why some of the GX revisions do not work even with manually patched .dols)

and most likely other patches as well

[my bet is that Ocarina is the problem here]

Cyan said:
OuahOuah said:
The game reload the dol for every chapter change, and (if I don't say anything wrong) reloading the dol reload the IOS too, then cIOS is unloaded, USB disconnected.
We need to boot the chapter manually while loading the cIOS first.

Well i do not know where exactlly, but when a game loads a .dol and even if it's reloading the main.dol, then the game does an IOS Reload which breaks usb loading.

And the .wdm file contains the dolname and a parameter for it. Well, maybe it's not a parameter for .dols in general, but it's a parameter working in both Sam & Max games.

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonders why .wdm is not supported.. just when I thought I found the perfect USB loader it bombs because of a lack of a major support like .wdm
frown.gif
Every time I turn around I have to learn some new USB Loader because they all seem to be lacking some major feature or other.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
Just delete your configs of usbloader gx and try to boot it with the default start. You must have messed something up in them since you are the only person who can't get it to run.

I can't get it working in GX either... tried all hermes 5.0, 5.1, wanin 19/57... with and without wip file.. gx rev 935... does not seem to work

works in CFG loader fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)