• Likes 48

heartsfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
heartsfan said:
Using a Seagate Freeagent 1tb Silver HDD.

No matter what version of USB Loader GX I use or any revision of Cios I have to unplug the HDD power cable before starting USB Loader GX and re-connect it when it says 'waiting for usb device.' Or else it won't be found.

After this everything works fine.

Anyway to get this drive to show without unplugging?

My mate has the 500gb version of this drive and has no problems like this.

is the HDD constantly powered even if the Wii is off? if so it could be a sign of spindown/sleep issues..

if your HDD is off and you only power it on when you use the wii and all is good then it could be a sure sign it is a spindown/sleep in the HDD

No it is not constantly powered when the wii is off.

As soon as I got the HDD I used Seagate tools to turn off the spindown/sleep mode .... so that is not the issue.

satgi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read that usb loader gx cannot read fat32 partition with hermes v5, i tried cios rev17 with hermes v5 and didn't read fat32 or ntfs partitions getting a black screen....., but i returned to hermes v4 and perfect with fat32 and ntfs..... why? hermes v5 doesn't works?

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartsfan said:
pepxl said:
heartsfan said:
Using a Seagate Freeagent 1tb Silver HDD.

No matter what version of USB Loader GX I use or any revision of Cios I have to unplug the HDD power cable before starting USB Loader GX and re-connect it when it says 'waiting for usb device.' Or else it won't be found.

After this everything works fine.

Anyway to get this drive to show without unplugging?

My mate has the 500gb version of this drive and has no problems like this.

is the HDD constantly powered even if the Wii is off? if so it could be a sign of spindown/sleep issues..

if your HDD is off and you only power it on when you use the wii and all is good then it could be a sure sign it is a spindown/sleep in the HDD

No it is not constantly powered when the wii is off.

As soon as I got the HDD I used Seagate tools to turn off the spindown/sleep mode .... so that is not the issue.

I had the same damn problem. My 500gb Seagate freeagent pro did the same damn thing. I had to unplug it and plug it back in every time I turned the wii on. There was a detection issue. I ripped it from its enclosure and it now resides in my macbook. I bought and started using the WD My passport elite 500gb and I have had no problems since, not even with spin down issues everyone talks about. I think spin down was fixed in the past with a CIOS Rev, Not sure which one though.

I dont think the connection problem is a spin down issue because it happens when the wii and self powered drive is first turned on and not while it is in use over a period of time. seagate has a utility that can turn the sleep function off which is included with the drive. try the utility and turn the sleep function off, although the problem will probably still exist. It did on mine. Well at least this is my experience, others experiences may vary.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OrGoN3 said:
glowy said:
OrGoN3 said:
FINAL EDIT: Sorry, nevermind. I just realized FAT32 was broken in GX right now, even with Waninkoko's. Thanks and keep up the good work on the loader! For now I have to stick with CFGLoader.
FAT32 is not broken. cIOS 222 v5 is, use v4 if you want FAT32

Oh. Well then my question remains. I'm not using Hermes at all. I'm using ciosx rev19 (as IOS249). It sees the hard drive, mounts the games in the wbfs folder, but will crash when I attempt to play them. Anyone know why?
Yes, FAT32 is ONLY supported with Hermes rev4 at the moment.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to still wondering about possible NAND emulation support (mostly for saves), what does NTFS support rely on? Is that Hermes as well?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
raptir said:
In addition to still wondering about possible NAND emulation support (mostly for saves), what does NTFS support rely on? Is that Hermes as well?
Currently FAT32 and NTFS only work with Hermes Rev 4. Hopefully we'll get an update with FAT32 on Waninkoko Rev 18+ supported.

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i'am on rev 850 and using hermes v4 and 249 rev 14
and wanna upgrade the gx.what's the most latest stable rev out there?
and should i update my cios 249?

thx b4

ClockworkJB

Trophies
XP
Country
Using rev914 with Hermes cios v5 on 222 and ciosx rev19. My games are on a 1TB NTFS formatted drive.

Games display correctly in browser under ios 222 or 249, but in both cases clicking one causes the drive light to flash and and all other UI options to become unselectable. It stays like this indefinitely, until I power off the Wii. I also tried Wiiflow but every version I loaded code dumps whenever I try to load an iso.

Is there a known working configuration for loading from NTFS drives?

EDIT: Just tried Hermes rev4 as well, same thing happened. Haven't had a chance to test different versions of usb loader though.

Fuzzy Yogurt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind this post. I figured out how to install usb loader gx. I was only confusing myself.

Only question now is....

How do I update the cios? I'm still running rev 14 and I believe 19 is the latest release.

bumblemark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering if anyone can help me
i'm trying to use a USB hub (Belkin) for my HDD and mic
but USB Loader GX won't read it.

I know the hub works when i opened up VbagX and played games from the HDD
and the HDD works when not plugged into the hub

do i need to install a specific cios?

I'm running a 4.2u softmod ciosrev14 w/ hermes v4 and boot mii as boot 2

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bumblemark said:

The Drive should be in one USB, the hub should be on the other USB - plug all the mic's etc into this - the HDD must be on its own!

scottieb99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried searching but could not find a clear answer. Could someone help me out with the CHeatNR out of range error in the ocarina codes? Thanks!

bumblemark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kittymat said:
bumblemark said:

The Drive should be in one USB, the hub should be on the other USB - plug all the mic's etc into this - the HDD must be on its own!

Muahaha
so simpoo

but i could have sworn i tried plugging the mic on the other port before i bought the hub
well i did several reconfigurations to my wii in between so that may have solved it

either way thanks for the help

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ive already posted this in the mplayer ce thread, but despite people helping i still dont have a solution, so maybe someone here can help as it is a problem of both programs together.

i have mplayer ce, latest beta (had latest proper version during this problem too, upgraded to beta to try to resolve)

it works fine
1. from forwarder channel
2. from HBC
3. from priiloader as installed app

it doesnt work from the hbc function in usbloader gx.

its the only thing that doesnt work tho from usbloader gx's hbc function.

its a major pain as i want priiloader to restart into usbloader gx, and since mplayer ce is the only other app i use regularly, then i can access that from usbloader gx. However i get a blank black screen.

any ideas?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What does the HBC function of GX do? If it boots the .dol, i assume the memory areas both .dols use overlap and that's why it does not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack