• Views 7,211,327
  • Replies 29,372
  • Likes 48

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1U, CIOS38 rev 14 with the most recent channel wad installed is what i have. i uninstalled the old channel via wad app then installed the new version. some small graphic clitches when it was first loading other than that all seems fine atm

etlon666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a question regarding STARTING channels from USB Loader GX. When browsing wiitdb.com I found a lot of cover artwork for channels like Internet browser or News Channel. This gives the impression that it is possible to list channels among the games (as if the channels were installed on the harddisk with the games)
Is it possible to display channels that way? Until now I started a channel by clicking the homebrew button, but it would be much more convenient to start a channel like a game.

I am new to this thread and I see it is amazingly long, so I place my question here since I think it would take me ages to find an appropriate answer.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
etlon666 said:
I have a question regarding STARTING channels from USB Loader GX. When browsing wiitdb.com I found a lot of cover artwork for channels like Internet browser or News Channel. This gives the impression that it is possible to list channels among the games (as if the channels were installed on the harddisk with the games)
Is it possible to display channels that way? Until now I started a channel by clicking the homebrew button, but it would be much more convenient to start a channel like a game.

I am new to this thread and I see it is amazingly long, so I place my question here since I think it would take me ages to find an appropriate answer.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

check out this thread, it maybe what your looking for

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187806

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j0shuakane said:
my disc drive stopped spinning so i have to use a usb loader until i get a new spindle motor. i am starting to use usb loader gx, but my main game of choice is rock band 2, so i have ran into problems.

i have done some research but dont have time to do alot but my 2 issues are: i cant put dlc onto the sd card, it stays on the wii memory, and i cant get rawksd songs to play, is there any way around any of this? any help would be insanely appreciated!!!
sorry to quote myself but i have no real time to research but i need help with this!

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j0shuakane said:
sorry to quote myself but i have no real time to research but i need help with this!
There are a lot of tutorials. Take the time to search. If you don't have time to search you don't have time to play. So take the time you'd normally play and search
tongue.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
damingraham said:
r-win said:
Our buildserver automatically ...
we do appreciate the quality and fast updates but imo they need to be somewhat tested for a few mins before u click upload.

Well, we don't click update. It's a fully automated process. Once a commit is done, the latest revision is automatically downloaded, compiled and uploaded. That is the reason why I put that text there. They are untested, but should be fine. If there is anything wrong with the channel, it is NOT the banner, but the application itself. And installing a faulty application will not brick the wii, while installing a faulty banner will.

Mirkec23 said:
1. When update channel, first I need to deinstall by wad instaler old version and then install new version. OK?
No, there is no need to deinstall the previous version, since the title id's of our channels are the same.

QUOTE(Mirkec23 @ Dec 8 2009, 08:26 AM) 2. Which one newest version of channel do you advice as safe end compatible with my sistem (4.1E, CIOS38 rev 14)?
Always the latest version. That one is tested.

QUOTE(etlon666 @ Dec 8 2009, 10:58 AM)
It's not possible to display channels that way yet, but we have the code ready. We'll have to wait for a nice icon in our toolbar
tongue.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you add channel booting, please also add an option to disable it. I really want people only to play games from HDD on my Wii and nothing else. (I've also set up preloader to boot into usb loader for example)

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just finished modding my wii.. i want to install usb loader gx.
i don't see any installation guide. can someone direct me to right direction? ;_;

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to download a theme using the Theme Downloader, I get an error saying "Download Failed. Can't create file." Anyone else have this?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I'm using rev 843 and I am able to use Ocarina with NSMB just fine. A friend tried it and gets a black screen every time. Okay, different configuration, different results. I bought a brand new hard drive, partitioned it the same as mine, and did a clone in WBFS Manager of my WBFS partition. All the games work just fine on the new drive. I go to start NSMB and I get a black screen. Turn off Ocarina, it works perfect. Turn Ocarina back on and use my original hard drive, and Ocarina works.

Why would Ocarina fail on a game with EVERYTHING the same except the hard drive? The ONLY difference between the drives is this: My drive's first partition is NTFS (I'm not using it for the Wii) and the second is WBFS. The new drive and my friend's drive first partition is FAT32 and the second is WBFS.

Is the loader attempting to do something with the FAT32 partition when ocarina is on?

I didn't see a response and this may be a new kind of bug I found, so I'm quoting...

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rev847 claims to have "Fixed slow startup when loading from FAT" but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. Every since I went Fat the start up time has become extremely slow. It loads my theme immediately but waits quite a while before showing games. I've also tried rev848, 849, and 850. None of them are loading the games at the speed of which the GX loaded my games from the HDD when it was formatted wbfs. Sadly reverted back to ConfigLoader in the mean time. Is this speed issue a problem for all FAT users, has this problem been addressed, and is there a fix? Loading 96 games by the way, but doesn't seem to effect ConfigLoader.....

Thank you for your time....

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cc2918 said:
i don't see any installation guide. can someone direct me to right direction? ;_;
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/help/readmii

Luriden said:
When I try to download a theme using the Theme Downloader, I get an error saying "Download Failed. Can't create file." Anyone else have this?
Yes, it's a known issue.

hdhacker said:
Why would Ocarina fail on a game with EVERYTHING the same except the hard drive? The ONLY difference between the drives is this: My drive's first partition is NTFS (I'm not using it for the Wii) and the second is WBFS. The new drive and my friend's drive first partition is FAT32 and the second is WBFS.

Is the loader attempting to do something with the FAT32 partition when ocarina is on?
No, there should be no difference whatsoever. I tried this yesterday with a new harddrive (partitioned it like you did), but I cannot reproduce this behavior.

QUOTE(fullstrength @ Dec 9 2009, 03:39 AM) Rev847 claims to have "Fixed slow startup when loading from FAT" but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.
Please make sure you have WiiTDB turned on in the settings, AND that you have downloaded the WiiTDB file (settings, 2nd page, update, wiitdb).

QUOTE(pepxl @ Dec 9 2009, 03:58 AM)
anyones else noticed 850 says it cant load IOS 253? at startup?
It doesn't try to load 253, it tries to load 236. The deal is this: we try to detect if you have stubs installed. The only way to detect that is to check the revision of 249 and 222. The only way to detect the revision is using a patched ios. Most people start USB GX trough the systemmenu or HBC, so most people start USB GX using ios 60, 61 or 70. Those ios-es are almost never patched, so we reload into one that is almost always patched: 36. In newer guides, and using TBR, it is possible to install a patched ios 36 to slot 236, so that ios 36 stays unpatched. Therefor, we first reload into 236. If that succeeds, yay, we are almost certain that it's a patched 36. If it fails, reload into 36, since that'll be the patched one then.

I hope this clarifies something.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is update broken for usb loader gx. Don't flame.., but whenver i try to update it won't. And I used a newer revisoin. and when a new one came up I tried to update and it still didn't work?Any help:?
blink.gif

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your reply.. although readmii help page is not loading.. =/ page has an error. hopefully it will be fixed soon

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
r-win said:
pepxl said:
It doesn't try to load 253, it tries to load 236. The deal is this: we try to detect if you have stubs installed. The only way to detect that is to check the revision of 249 and 222. The only way to detect the revision is using a patched ios. Most people start USB GX trough the systemmenu or HBC, so most people start USB GX using ios 60, 61 or 70. Those ios-es are almost never patched, so we reload into one that is almost always patched: 36. In newer guides, and using TBR, it is possible to install a patched ios 36 to slot 236, so that ios 36 stays unpatched. Therefor, we first reload into 236. If that succeeds, yay, we are almost certain that it's a patched 36. If it fails, reload into 36, since that'll be the patched one then.

Why do you need to initialise the CIOS before showing the menu anyway?
It seems to be starting up alot slower than before & the console output is annoying.
Initialising SD & WBFS when I'm not using them seems pointless.

Putting the CIOS to use in the config would be good, you should be able to read the config using a standard IOS.
You could have it detect if the previous run crashed when loading CIOS and then prompt you for the one to use.

Relying on 236 is only good until Nintendo stubs that. If Nintendo stubs everything then you're back at square one.

Also, why can't you load usb loader gx when it can't detect the hard drive?
It seems extra work to put up a menu, when you might want to use the hbc or disc loader functionality.
The options on the menu are all things you can do within the loader anyway.
Can't you just assume 0 games if there is no hard drive? Fine to show an error, but the current behaviour is very restrictive.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
pepxl said:

I hope this clarifies something.
Can we disable this in the settings? Most users here have GX running and don't need the stub detection I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok