1000 posts
biggrin.gif
grog.gif

beabearbear

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, my compliments to USB Loader GX. Had it on my old wii and it worked flawlessly.

I have a slight hickup in my new configuration though that I bought off of my neighbour.

3.1U updated firmware to 4.2U
Managed to get homebrew channel onto it via "messie" tutorial - http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...stem-menus.html
I installed cios38rev14
I put the USB Loader GX into a folder entitled "USB Loader GX" and renamed it .boot

When I started it up from HBC, all I got was a black screen. Don't really know what's going on. For safe measures, I tried two different versions of USB loader gx. Are there any cios that I'm missing or something I need to install? I know that hard drive is formatted properly (WBFS) and I tried both USB slots. Any guidance in the right direction would be much appreciated!

edit: argh. Tested coverflow and had that working. Then went over to USB Loader GX and had that working as well! Then tried it again and got "could not load cios" and then code dump. Any ideas?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
0ld8oy said:
FYI, the downloads available here are the official compiles by r-win. They are automatically compiled via a script and are uploaded within minutes of each commit. I know a lot of people like to compile their own...just a little info to save you all some time.

The green screen issue should be resolved with the items that were reverted in r805.

Any reason why my compiles would be 3.25 MB and the ones on the code page 3.27 MB?

Are you using the 9-21-09 libogc?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:

I had the 9-21-09 liboc ever since I started compiling, then wrote over whatever files it asked to when the 10-14-09 version was posted on the code page.

So no, I'm using the 10-14-09 liboc with dkp r17. Is it better to use the older version with r17 - or doesn't it really matter? Everything seems to be working fine.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
0ld8oy said:

I had the 9-21-09 liboc ever since I started compiling, then wrote over whatever files it asked to when the 10-14-09 version was posted on the code page.

So no, I'm using the 10-14-09 liboc with dkp r17. Is it better to use the older version with r17 - or doesn't it really matter? Everything seems to be working fine.

The 10-14 version is only for devkitpro r18. The GX team is still working with the 9-21 libogc

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem.
I am using r600

I made A new HDD 500GB, 50GB fat32, and the rest WBFS
And changed the custom paths for Cover arts to: USB:/Images

The problem is, whenever I try to download cover arts. I get DSI code dumps.. as if there is a problem with the fat32 partition..

Its primary and active.. so i dont know whats wrong here..
any help please ?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pink_Waters said:
I have a problem.
I am using r600

I made A new HDD 500GB, 50GB fat32, and the rest WBFS
And changed the custom paths for Cover arts to: USB:/Images

The problem is, whenever I try to download cover arts. I get DSI code dumps.. as if there is a problem with the fat32 partition..

Its primary and active.. so i dont know whats wrong here..
any help please ?

What's wrong is that you're out of date. Click my files link in my signature to find a newer rev and then use the online update to get to rev 799.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lorenzo67 said:
lorenzo67 said:
Can i use any of the revision with preolader at startup to load usbloadergx instead systemmenu?

thank you

Lorenzo

Nothing about?

Thank you

Lorenzo

Download the forwarder from http://www.4shared.com/file/129415271/bece..._Preloader.html

Install that dol in preloader. Restart ur wii, u should get a nice loading screen for a few secs then GX will start. Then use the update function in GX to update to the latest revision.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lorenzo67 said:
lorenzo67 said:
Can i use any of the revision with preolader at startup to load usbloadergx instead systemmenu?

thank you

Lorenzo

Nothing about?

Thank you

Lorenzo

You can, but using the program dol will take up a good amount of space on the nand & there's no way to update it that way without installing a new version every time one is released. I recommend waiting until preloader is updated to be compatible with the GX Forwarder... or until a new GX Forwarder is made.

EDIT: @nikeymikey, that forwarder does not work with preloader .30.

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you...but if i don't have wifi connection...how can i have update of preloader dol?

Thank you...and what is the different from normal dol and rpeloader dol?

Lorenzo

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lorenzo67 said:
Thank you...but if i don't have wifi connection...how can i have update of preloader dol?

Lorenzo

If you use preloader .29 you can use the forwarder posted in the link nikeymikey posted.
If you use preloader .30 you cannot.

The normal dol is the actual program, and you can think of a forwarder dol as a shortcut in windows.

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
D34DL1N3R said:
lorenzo67 said:
lorenzo67 said:

thank you

Lorenzo

Nothing about?

Thank you

Lorenzo

You can, but using the program dol will take up a good amount of space on the nand & there's no way to update it that way without installing a new version every time one is released. I recommend waiting until preloader is updated to be compatible with the GX Forwarder... or until a new GX Forwarder is made.

EDIT: @nikeymikey, that forwarder does not work with preloader .30.

Thank you..i wait a version of forwarder compatible with preloader...i think is more possible than compatible version of preloader!

If i can understand, all the revision of dol work on preloader, but use a great amount of nand, is correct?

Lorenzo

Posts merged

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Oct 21 2009, 10:03 AM) QUOTE(lorenzo67 @ Oct 21 2009, 04:00 AM)

Lorenzo

If you use preloader .29 you can use the forwarder posted in the link nikeymikey posted.
If you use preloader .30 you cannot.

The normal dol is the actual program, and you can think of a forwarder dol as a shortcut in windows.

Sorry...but what rev of dol is this indicate for preloader 0.29...i have this ?

I'm losing something....have patience :-)

Lox

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
correct, i use 0.29 version of preloader...if i load the forwarder dol into preloader, when i start wii load the dol in the usbloadergx folder? how is the right path?

Thanks

Lorenzo

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont use preloader .30 myself, could not get it installed, kept givin me an error about fakesign bug in ios 70(yes i am on 4.2) anyhow preloader .29 works well enough for me and the GX forwarder still works nicely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol