• Views 7,236,912
  • Replies 29,379
  • Likes 48

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the update function seems to be broken.. i compiled my own version from the svn for 792, but it keeps asking me to update when i boot up even though i have a newer version than is on the update server and it even says rev 792 in the credit screeen...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since revision 787 (I couldn't test 786), i'm getting a code dump when running game with ocarina enabled.
r785 is working fine.

Tested r787 and r791, with one piece unlimited Adventure US on PAL Wii+force ntsc+ocarina+Game on favorite (I didn't test to un-favorite it).
Since it's starting from the new favorite system, maybe it's related.

r787 code dump

r791 code dump

I hope it can help you.

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know why, but after updating to 792 i think, Wii Fit plus no longer works, it was working before the update, anyone knows why?

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
find the update button in the settings. use it to update wiitdb.zip. read the readmii. everybody wins.
I think the reason it was broken is because I had updated the first time from the revision posted in the OP which didn't have a wiidb.zip. When I updated with the newest revision it worked.

Thanks man.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an update to my problem with the title launcher. Triiforce works Yahtzee works and Sega Genesis works and now after updating to 792 I went in to the title launcher and I see Super Nintendo Channel and the channel id is wrong it is SNES and shows a - with a dot above and below NES. And the channel name is Super Nintendo the channel part was part of the datatext I added. So I will try removing the datatext and see if it fixes things.
PS will that fixed it. Sorry if anyone lost time on this, there still could be a problem with the database.txt file reading but for me I am happy with no database.txt file at all. So thanks again.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is working great. The favorites icon no long code dumps, my title channels are back and games are loading great. I have just two questions, first how do I move the dvd icon. Next every time I press the 2 button on guitar hero smash hits and back out of the menu my wii code dumps. I have updated the WiiTDB files and even moved it in the txt file and even removed the wiitdb file and redownloaded it with the same resaults. No other games have this problem and the problem has been here for awhile now. Any ideas the file looks like all the otheres. Well thanks again for all the help.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
the update function seems to be broken.. i compiled my own version from the svn for 792, but it keeps asking me to update when i boot up even though i have a newer version than is on the update server and it even says rev 792 in the credit screeen...

Just to be sure, you installed the new devkitpro right? Rev 788 and up need to be compiled with r18 of devkitpro (as noted in the source log for rev788)

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy said:
Yes, it launches the first time I startup my Wii, but when I choose Reset or Wii Menu from the Home button menu, and then try to relaunch the game, it freezes at the wrist strap screen. It only works if I launch the game from a powered off state. I thought it might be the IOS, so I used unCORP which is suppose to download all the latest IOS and patch only 36/60.
I see you are still using cios 36 and not 38. uloader has made alot of changes to his cios 222 even the restart problem. Try installing cios 222v4 from here as 222 38 marge with 37 http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/downloads that works great for me.

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having problems with tonight's update to 792. 3 of the games I installed tonight won't work. They freeze the screen or give me a code dump. The games are Monopopy, Hasbro Family Game Night and Cruise Ship Games.

I had to removed them with WBFS Manager to stop the freezing.

Any ideas on this?

Daunteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, any games ripped with 787 and later won't work. I installed 784 and ripped, those games works.

So it's the ripping that is bugged, not the playing.

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tx Daunteh. I also tried adding them with WBFS Manager and same thing. I'll have to play them via NeoGamma or wait for a fix on this problem I guess.

Thansk for the reply.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RavRob said:
I'm having problems with tonight's update to 792. 3 of the games I installed tonight won't work. They freeze the screen or give me a code dump. The games are Monopopy, Hasbro Family Game Night and Cruise Ship Games.

I had to removed them with WBFS Manager to stop the freezing.

Any ideas on this?

This issue is known to the devs and they are working on it. In the meantime, use a previous rev or rip to pc/sd/usb with SuperDump and then install via PC with a WBFS tool. If anyone else inquires about this issue, please pass on this information.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just upgraded from r774 to r793 and had some weird sh1t happen on the bootup.
Uploaded via r774 to r793 via gxloader update.
As usual before restarting GX_loader I deleted the GXGlobal.cfg file.
When start GX via the channel forwarder the normal GX_loader forwarder screen appears then it black screen for approx 60-90 seconds, then the GX_loader forwarder screen at half the size and the GX_Loader loads and looks normal. Rebooted, tried a few times and all the same problem.

Tried via the HBC and it loader OK.

Delete the boot.dol and download r784 and copied over and no problems on boot.

Anybody else have this happen?

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After the update to 793 it didn't reboot, it simply showed me a code dump. I had to unplug and reconnect and it seemed to have taken te 793 OK but still can't rip and play games. Still freezes when I highlight the games or gives me a code dump when I successfully click on the game.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RavRob said:
After the update to 793 it didn't reboot, it simply showed me a code dump. I had to unplug and reconnect and it seemed to have taken te 793 OK but still can't rip and play games. Still freezes when I highlight the games or gives me a code dump when I successfully click on the game.

Did you delete your gxglobal.cfg file from the config folder on your SD/USB? If not, do so.

And i'm not understanding exactly what you have tested. Did you try to reinstall a game and it won't let you? Did you try to play a game that you installed with the previous flawed revisions?

Also, which cIOS are you using?

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Royusmc said:
dvd-guy said:
Yes, it launches the first time I startup my Wii, but when I choose Reset or Wii Menu from the Home button menu, and then try to relaunch the game, it freezes at the wrist strap screen. It only works if I launch the game from a powered off state. I thought it might be the IOS, so I used unCORP which is suppose to download all the latest IOS and patch only 36/60.
I see you are still using cios 36 and not 38. uloader has made alot of changes to his cios 222 even the restart problem. Try installing cios 222v4 from here as 222 38 marge with 37 http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/downloads that works great for me.
I followed the simplistic mod to get 222 installed. Should I be pointing the loader to use 222 instead of 249?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then eventually get baptized
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lord Jizzus approves!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See religion always end in nudity
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's probably a nudist cult that exists.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is how I want to bone but it's my views that I know are right
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [belongs to one]
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish people that think they're right about everything didn't exist half the time
    Such as you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's your way of thinking
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet it be tough finding a job, if you were a nudist.
    or vice versa
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah it's easy all they gotta do is blow long breaths of air
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confronts a nudist "Why be a nudist?" "I'm not a nudist you dick, I'm homeless and poor."
    +1
    I'm also saving 💰 . You know how much it is to just wash your clothes? pffffft
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saved 1k this month by being poor tbh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
    Minox @ Minox: I'll stick with my kimchi thank you