gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
@riddle43 and gumbyscout

Are you guys using cIOS 249 rev 14?
Have you tried setting your global boot to 222 (if you have it installed), rebooting your system, and then loading games?
Do you have Ocarina on globally?
Do you have any preloader hacks on?
Are you on system menu 3.2?
I have rev 14, I don't use 222, though I think I might some sort of usb cios there. I haven't turned on ocarina since before 3.4 came out. I'm on system menu 4.0 with cioscorp installed and custom mios and dvdx. Preloader is set for region free everything, no update checks, and no copy off.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@riddle43 and gumbyscout

would you guys mind trying something for me? could you turn off all preloader hacks, reboot, and then boot your loader?

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps i never have or will use the cheat set up so thats not the prob eather done all the tricks it just doesnt make sence
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

Posts merged

0ld8oy said:
@riddle43 and gumbyscout

would you guys mind trying something for me? could you turn off all preloader hacks, reboot, and then boot your loader?

i have done that and no go sorry like i said i tried everything im so lost here as i am sure a lot of us are
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@riddle43 and gumbyscout

I've been "working" all day and haven't been home to test a revision since r672. I've never had a problem with any revision since I started using GX back in the late 300s. I also start completely fresh with each revision though.

Could you guys try installing cIOS 249 rev 12 or 13a and then booting? Also, keep in mind that rev14 removes all error002 fixes so if you have a 002 fix globally set you'll want to test out the different options. Start by turning it off, test, on, test, anti, test.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r680.dol

Log message

add more icons for WIITDB. coders u know what do you have to do ;-)

Affected files
Add /trunk/source/images/nintendods.png
Add /trunk/source/images/nintendodsR.png

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
@riddle43 and gumbyscout

I've been "working" all day and haven't been home to test a revision since r672. I've never had a problem with any revision since I started using GX back in the late 300s. I also start completely fresh with each revision though.

Could you guys try installing cIOS 249 rev 12 or 13a and then booting? Also, keep in mind that rev14 removes all error002 fixes so if you have a 002 fix globally set you'll want to test out the different options. Start by turning it off, test, on, test, anti, test.

im with you on the never haveing a prob befor but now i do i have gone back with no luck 672 is working but i do have one ??? what system menu is every one on im on 4.0u im wondering if 4.1u would make a diff oh and my wii sports resort works even after i play a vc game off the stick hmmm i think thats odd huh
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

up intell rev 673 i never had a prob so why now

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try playing with your 002error settings yet?

and yeah, for testing purposes, it would help narrow down the issue if you could go back to a previous cIOS revision and test for us.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just wondering whether it'd be worth creating another thread, with proper reporting procedure and template (Google code site can be confusing), users can use the template to report issues.

What should be in the template you think? Something like:

Problem:
GX Rev Problem Occurs:
cIOS Rev:
Wii Region:
Menu Ver:
Preloader Installed?
More Then One Partition?
SD or SDHC Card?
GX on SD or USB?

We could monitor the thread and try and see links between problems, keep track better of the numbers and scale of the problems. What do you think?

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logan said:
I'm just wondering whether it'd be worth creating another thread, with proper reporting procedure and template (Google code site can be confusing), users can use the template to report issues.

What should be in the template you think? Something like:

Problem:
GX Rev Problem Occurs:
cIOS Rev:
Wii Region:
Menu Ver:
Preloader Installed?
More Then One Partition?
SD or SDHC Card?
GX on SD or USB?

We could monitor the thread and try and see links between problems, keep track better of the numbers and scale of the problems. What do you think?

this is just what we need the google way is bad for most and doesnt help us here so im all for it and im staying with 672 till this can all be sorted out
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 30 2009, 08:32 PM)
Logan said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 30 2009, 07:08 PM)
Logan said:
By the way, is it JUST GX you're having this problem with? What about the other loaders?

no just GX... Every other loader, Every other homebrew, works just fine..

which again arguably points to an error in the code..

Then, with everything exhausted, it's a mystery. And your only option is to revert to a revision that works for you, until the dust has settled with cIOS rev 14.

its got nothing to do with cios...

your a such a fool if you can't see that sorry...

check google code pages for the amount of topics lately that appear with the same or similar problem

the problem arose from revision 648 onwards... irrespective of what cios being used.. (although it was cios rev 14 and 647 worked with it fine!!)

I am 33 years of age.. and work as network manager, so problem solving is my game...

so I am not a fcuking kid... so stop treating me like one..

How the hell can it be a cios problem if every other loader works... with cios rev 14..

only GX has the problem.. since rev 648 so has to be down to coding issue.. even a blind mole could see that...

I have a 160gb FreeAgent (with 2 partitions) and every game I load makes my system reboot. I tried revisions 649 and 676. I took your advise and used r628 and everything works perfectly. Even Wii Sports: Resort worked! I guess it is time to get a new hard drive. I think the FreeAgent w/ partitions does not work with GX Loader now.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
r680 works for me if I boot from SD card, but I don't want to use my SD card.
frown.gif

So I guess I'll load from SD for now, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hai1242

If you'd have started reading one page further back, you'd see that I use a SeaGate FreeAgent Go and have no issues with dual partition on rev672. GX hates some people and loves others. Apparently you and six other people on gbatemp fall under the first category.

D

Deleted-119707

i love this loader!

im sorry to ask this again but i had no answer before. which is the STABLE release? all i see are revisions.
thanks and keep up the good work.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tryed every thing to get this loader to load to a blank screen using diffent settings in perloader and got no where. But I seen that my sd card was not in the wii so I pushed it in and wala every game boots to black screen. Hope this helps.

Im using a 4.1U wii
with cios 14
wd passport 320gb first partition 10gb fat32 2nd partition wii formated 288gb.
blank sd card formated to fat as allways
I boot from usb hard drive. But I gess that was a given.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nikeymikey said:
obicom said:
One advice ... now I have installed Rev 675 and try to start a system channel (over usbloader) again (with FW 4.1e)
I have seen, that the reason for the start problem is based on the preloader.
If I configure the preloader to start after a reboot the preloader (installed boot.dol), than it does not work.
If I configure the preloader to start with the systemmenu after a reboot, than it works well.
Could someone compare this and confirm the issue?

I will test your preloader theory shortly and post my results.

Have tested this and channels refuse to boot with or without preloader return set to system menu.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone getting the blackscreen when loading a game:

Are you all loading your dol/images/config from an SD card or from a USB partition?

nicky041192 said:
i love this loader!

im sorry to ask this again but i had no answer before. which is the STABLE release? all i see are revisions.
thanks and keep up the good work.
The stable release is version 1.0. It should be located on the first page of this thread and was revision 3??. You should also be able to find it in the GX link in my sig.

D

Deleted-119707

ahh ok thanks. ill stick on using revs. when are we expected to see a new stable release?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
ahh ok thanks. ill stick on using revs. when are we expected to see a new stable release?

No clue. I suggested r630 would have been a good candidate but they have a few things they are working on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7