• Likes 48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
giantpune said:
try this http://www.mediafire.com/?rvfiqfoniyz
it is the forwarder dol & channel. it goes like this...
draw the splash screen, init SD, init USB, wait 5 seconds, start looking for the config, try lo load a dol based on what it found when looking for the config.

if the dol here works for you then the wad should works also, as they are the same thing

Ok tested it. I created a blank SD card with on the dol in apps folder, and launch through HBC, this works. However using the wad it does not. I am not sure if the HBC(rev 1.0.3) makes the USB mount properly. In addition I noticed that the activity light on the hard-disk goes off when using the wad (same with the original forwarder) but using the dol does not.

I have also tried cleared out everything on the USB and recopy the usbloader_gx folder and the config from my SD. Sometimes it would load from USB (with SD card) after doing this and launching from forwarder for the first time. However, when I exit immediately without doing anything and try to launch again from the forwarder, it would fail. Subsequent try will not yield success.

justinvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The loader wont launch unless I have the SD card in, even though I have deleted the config folder off there. So does that mean that its using the config folder on the external harddrive?

Does the loader require the SD card to run everytime?

im using rev13, would rev13a be better, or is that the same thing?

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a very noobish question and I apologize but noticed that my channel/wad version of USB loader GX is out of date and not the one that is updated and was wondering how to get my homebrew GX to match my channel?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eclipse01 said:
this is a very noobish question and I apologize but noticed that my channel/wad version of USB loader GX is out of date and not the one that is updated and was wondering how to get my homebrew GX to match my channel?

Why don't you just install the forwarder channel? That way no matter how you boot GX it will always load the same version.

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Eclipse01 said:

Why don't you just install the forwarder channel? That way no matter how you boot GX it will always load the same version.

I thought I did in the main page, but just noticed that all my updates that I did never updated the channel.

should I just reinstall the link in the main page?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eclipse01 said:
0ld8oy said:
Eclipse01 said:

I thought I did in the main page, but just noticed that all my updates that I did never updated the channel.

First, uninstall your GX channel with WAD Manager
Second, double check your SDcard/USB and make sure you have the name of your GX folder set to: usbloader_gx
Third, Download the forwarder and install it with WAD Mananger, then exit WAD Manager
Fourth, power down your system
Fifth, turn on your system and test out your new channel
Sixth, when GX boots, check your custom paths and make sure your update path is: SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/
If you run homebrew from USB then you'd change it to: USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
justinvw said:
The loader wont launch unless I have the SD card in, even though I have deleted the config folder off there. So does that mean that its using the config folder on the external harddrive?

no the loader doesnt need the sd card if you set it up correctly, all you need to do is copy the contents of the sd card(apps, config, usbgx folder) to the fat32 partition exactly as it would be on the sd then change the paths to USB:/xxx/xxxx/xxxx/ instead of SD:/xxx/xxxx/xxxx/ in the GXGlobal.cfg found in the USB:/config/ folder it isnt really that hard, if you have the sd card in aswel delete the config folder or the GXGlobal.cfg from the sd card so the forwarder doesnt ise that instead of the one on the usb drive.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
you have got to be kidding??????

the custom paths relate to you already having the covers and simply telling the loader where they are

disc_path = errrrrrr disk art path
cover_path = errrr 3d cover path

you dont put a url there, to download covers press 1 or 2 cant remember which or click on the image of the cover on the left side

jameskrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much, i get the game info when i press 2 havent even noticed if the picture is there or not. Will that also download the disc artwork.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Under the custom paths, the coverpath and discartpath has to be ROOT:/blablabla
ROOT being SD or USB, blablabla can be replace by anything
Then download everything (discart and coverart) by pressing 1. The location it gets the images from will be decided by the loader.

This info can be found in the readmii btw (yes, I have to tell this every time. More people should read it)

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Eclipse01 said:
0ld8oy said:
Eclipse01 said:

First, uninstall your GX channel with WAD Manager
Second, double check your SDcard/USB and make sure you have the name of your GX folder set to: usbloader_gx
Third, Download the forwarder and install it with WAD Mananger, then exit WAD Manager
Fourth, power down your system
Fifth, turn on your system and test out your new channel
Sixth, when GX boots, check your custom paths and make sure your update path is: SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/
If you run homebrew from USB then you'd change it to: USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/

Thank you!

keropi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
just a quick Q,
is it my wii or when using the latest rev, the wiimote turns off when u launch usbloader and then u have to turn it back on manually? it did not do that , anyone else gets this behaviour?

justinvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
justinvw said:

no the loader doesnt need the sd card if you set it up correctly, all you need to do is copy the contents of the sd card(apps, config, usbgx folder) to the fat32 partition exactly as it would be on the sd then change the paths to USB:/xxx/xxxx/xxxx/ instead of SD:/xxx/xxxx/xxxx/ in the GXGlobal.cfg found in the USB:/config/ folder it isnt really that hard, if you have the sd card in aswel delete the config folder or the GXGlobal.cfg from the sd card so the forwarder doesnt ise that instead of the one on the usb drive.

thats what ive done, ive put the files on my external HDD but it still wont launch without the SD card.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
justinvw said:
pepxl said:
justinvw said:

thats what ive done, ive put the files on my external HDD but it still wont launch without the SD card.

another question are you running GX from the forwarder or the channel???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging