• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
so, with WBFS Manager 3.0.1, once you have a flash drive formatted to wbfs, you cant store other files, other than games, from windows?

Dude, please use a normal font size...

Anyways, unless you can put multiple partitions on a flash drive it will only be accessible to programs that can read/transfer WBFS. You will be unable to put anything other than Wii backups on this drive.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rev600 working great for me. No more graphical glitches when viewing the game info.

*edit
I've also not had any problems with Ocarina in rev600. I've tried booting with cIOS 249 and 222 and have not been able to replicate the problems others are experiencing.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
This may sound like nitpicking (or it was already reported), but when using the "spinning cover scroll" feature, it seems like the covers are disappearing when scrolling to the right rather than gracefully scrolling off screen. I could have sworn in looked a bit smoother in previous builds.

(hides from possible stoning)

Noticed this last night when I upgraded from R581 to R600. First thing I noticed was the end cover just disappearing. When I went back to R581 because of the ocarina problem I noticed the covers disappear more gracefully.

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

strangephish I was using the full channel because that's the way i did the prior update.But You say that I need the forwarder for the updates to work.

Now giantpune is saying that the forwarder is not needed to update.
So now here is the question: What is the way to go in order to get the update?

Thanks

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knoll said:
rathelfrog said:
i've gone through quite a bit of information and I have not seen this yet.

Say I have 1 game on the USB drive

using the Gx loader any revision
ios249
game page loads up and say I run the game the conduit.

then, after taking everything down, I go to the computer, and load up my next game onto the drive,
now there are 2 images on the usb drive. (both reading correctly though wbfs 3.0)

load up USBloader again (though the HBC) and look, now I have games but they share the same information.

so instead of game 2 different games on the loader screen. I have two games with 1 games information all over.

So now i have two games in the list called the conduit and not 2 individual games listed.

I have the same problem, and i haven't a solution either.

I'll give you an example:

In WBFS Manager (the sizes are made-up, I'm not at home right now):

Ghostbusters (2.7 GB)
Okami (4.2 GB)
Zelda (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

In USB Loader GX:

Wario Ware (2.7 GB)
Wario Ware (4.2 GB)
Wario Ware (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

As you see, the ISO-sizes are the only things that differ. And the only thing that boots is WarioWare, no mater which one I boot.

ok, I found the revisions where things break.

1) Used revision 464 and everything was working.
2) Started stepping up 1 by 1
3) as suspected revision 482 breaks and creates the beginning of the hard drive issues. 479 worked fine.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rem300wm said:
Hello

bosman Thank You for the response. That is the way to go .

No problems, I initially was using the channel but now I have moved across to the forwarder, much easier to change version if something breaks.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bannerxeu.png

Revision: 600

DOL
ELF

CHANNEL (by starstremr)

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
laurozza said:
I have a problem using the loader without a SD card.
I install the r???.dol in preloader, while config and cover on the FAT partition(first partition and active) of my HDD.
Sometimes it works with no problem, loading everything from the FAT partition.
Sometimes no. Seems that it don't find and load the config files, and the loader return with the default paths, pointed to SD. With covers e config don't loaded. If i change the paths from SD to USB, it loads the cover...but won't save the changing without a SD inserted.
I don't know why it loads correctly from hard disk and sometimes not. Maybe my HDD (a portable Verbatim 320 GB) isn't perfectly compatible.
I've tried even the latest rev, many cios version, but the problem still remain.
Maybe changing the default paths of the dol from SD to USB can solve this? Or a button to reload the HDD(like the SD one)?

Sorry for my bad english. I hope this can be solved.
Impossible to solve?

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rathelfrog said:
knoll said:
rathelfrog said:

I have the same problem, and i haven't a solution either.

I'll give you an example:

In WBFS Manager (the sizes are made-up, I'm not at home right now):

Ghostbusters (2.7 GB)
Okami (4.2 GB)
Zelda (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

In USB Loader GX:

Wario Ware (2.7 GB)
Wario Ware (4.2 GB)
Wario Ware (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

As you see, the ISO-sizes are the only things that differ. And the only thing that boots is WarioWare, no mater which one I boot.

ok, I found the revisions where things break.

1) Used revision 464 and everything was working.
2) Started stepping up 1 by 1
3) as suspected revision 482 breaks and creates the beginning of the hard drive issues. 479 worked fine.

I'm having the exact same problem. Is there any known solution for this? The last version I used was 573 or something. I'll try using r600 later on the day and report back with results. :/

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, before this problem i was a noob, now after 4 days of nothing but testing and trying things out, I have actually tried the deletion of the config files. It is something in the hard drive coding im sure. In the early builds 464-479 and the HD reporting was acurate to the sizes reported and also had a supporting catalog of games listed. once 482 rolled around, they introduced fat partitions and thats where things started to go south. (badly). The drive partitions were no longer recognized or able to format through the loader (and trying through the wbfs and it still did not help in the recognition of the drive.) then somewhere in the revisions 5xx-6xx they regained some control but the list now duplicates one titles across all iso's. and the file accuracies of size reporting is all wacked now too.

The assigning of the game code is spread to all the other iso and the loader only loads one game, no matter which you pick. I was thinking this was a problem in the config files, I even went so far as to rebuild the config files manually to no avail. Right now I am using the easu partition program mentioned above to destroy all the data on the drive and rebuild it. I will report how that goes. Today on my agenda is to go through all the 500 revisions available both dol and elf files to find out where they regained control of the hard drive coding to help pinpoint where the code is changed again.. That hopefully will help the coders get to this issue. If anyone runs across any information, please post.

thanks,
rathelfrog

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad I could help 8)

I just destroyed my drives data and whatnot through all the happy means to the same result. With only two images and the flipx commands active, i noticed there was a lot of ghosting images and it wasnt displaying correctly. after trying to turn off the flipx as much as possible, it looks more stable (not flashing images of no disc covers all over) but I wonder if the flipx is causing the misreading of the files?

today I am starting with rev 600 and I am going to step backwards till I get differnt effects.. then I will post the results.

Glad I could help!

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I got an issue here and did not find anything that could help me. I am trying to run the game Avatar: the last airbender (first game) on USB loader, and I am getting a Black Screen right at launch.
Does anybody knows if it runs and wich version of IOS should I use ?
I have IOS36 13a, since this is the only one that Indiana Jones Staff of the kings runs...

Didn't find anything related to this game on any FAQ....

Thanks a lot....

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried multiple times? i have that problem with games sometimes too, i think its one of the bugs.

---
as to the problem i have been researching. I noticed that in the config files, they only report 1 game when there are actually 2.. I tried to manually change this and it doesnt do help.

hmmmm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't know you