i was about to tell the same thing ^^
sell it modded , you will get more benefits
wink.gif

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried installing Hermes' cIOS. But that wouldn't recognize my HDD. So afterwards I tried Wanin's cIOS 38 rev13 (and 13b after that), but neither would recognize my drive. So I just reverted to Wanin's cIOS 36 rev 10, that at least recognizes my HDD. I can play all my games just fine now using CoverFloader or an older revision of USB Loader GX. But the latest loader simply has that error. I'll check back with later revisions, and hopefully it's fixed then.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pepxl said:
jjplayground said:
Two little questions:
1. Can I just install the latest forwarder or do I need to unistall the previous one?
2. Can I see which version of the forwarder I am using right now. I am not sure to have the latest.

Thanx!

1. if you want to but it should replace the previous one installed
2. the latest one is from the 16/6/09 if your not sure replace it and keeep a backup of the old one if it doesnt work properly for you
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders

Thanx for the support !

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am a bit confused.
Some see they can not run everything from USB HD (covers and so on) when they use the forward but the can when they use homebrew.
But homebrew apps do not run from USB HD right, so have can the start the loader through HBC when there is no SD?

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
tagteam3283 said:
tnx for the reply, yes using the latest 16/06/09 forwarder

no SD inserted when launching from the forwarder.

it could be that i am installing the forwarder from the SD card using WADManagr 4

the reason i have to do this is that WADmanager4 wont install the wad from the USB partition on the USB drive. it detects the wad but i get an error 4100 when installing

any more takers

It doesn't matter how the forwarder was installed.I use wad manager on my sd card to install all my wads and i used it to install the latest forwarder to gx loader and i now run everything off the usb hard drive and have no problems with it at all.

Only problem i did have when i first did it was i had to delete the config files from the sd card because i still had the sd card inserted even though i wasn't using the gx loader from there anymore it was still loading it instead of the gx loader from the hard drive.
hang on then

do we still need an SD acrd in the SD slot to use the data on the USB partition, that dont make sense

i thought the concept was to do away with the use of the SD card

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tagteam3283 said:
icpmattj said:
tagteam3283 said:
tnx for the reply, yes using the latest 16/06/09 forwarder

no SD inserted when launching from the forwarder.

it could be that i am installing the forwarder from the SD card using WADManagr 4

the reason i have to do this is that WADmanager4 wont install the wad from the USB partition on the USB drive. it detects the wad but i get an error 4100 when installing

any more takers

It doesn't matter how the forwarder was installed.I use wad manager on my sd card to install all my wads and i used it to install the latest forwarder to gx loader and i now run everything off the usb hard drive and have no problems with it at all.

Only problem i did have when i first did it was i had to delete the config files from the sd card because i still had the sd card inserted even though i wasn't using the gx loader from there anymore it was still loading it instead of the gx loader from the hard drive.
hang on then

do we still need an SD acrd in the SD slot to use the data on the USB partition, that dont make sense

i thought the concept was to do away with the use of the SD card

No you have not. You can run everything from the USB

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Homebrew Channel will load whatever's on the SD card first. If that's "nothing" - as in, nothing is loaded on the SD card - you will get an EMPTY homebrew channel list. If you do not have an SD card in the Wii and load the homebrew channel, it will look for apps on a USB device. Again, if that's "nothin" you will have an empty list, but if you have stuff in the /apps/ folder properly you'll get a list of apps to run from the USB hard drive.

Now, some homebrew does not run off of a USB hard drive. The Homebrew Browser is a prime example of this, so any homebrew needs to be manually installed on the USB drive (at least, it was that way for me). USB Loader GX will load off of the USB drive just fine though.

The Official Forwarder for USB Loader GX will look for the application in the SD card first, and if it doesn't find the /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder (or whatever) it will search for it on the USB drive. This means that you can have an SD card inserted but the forwarder will still load it from the USB drive if you don't have it installed on the SD card. In my situation I have all of my homebrew on the SD card, but I have the USB Loader GX installed on the USB drive. So the Homebrew Channel doesn't see USB Loader GX, but all of the rest of my homebrew works, and the forwarder loads it off of the USB drive regardless if there's an SD card inserted.

Make sense?

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hooya said:
The Homebrew Channel will load whatever's on the SD card first. If that's "nothing" - as in, nothing is loaded on the SD card - you will get an EMPTY homebrew channel list. If you do not have an SD card in the Wii and load the homebrew channel, it will look for apps on a USB device. Again, if that's "nothin" you will have an empty list, but if you have stuff in the /apps/ folder properly you'll get a list of apps to run from the USB hard drive.

Now, some homebrew does not run off of a USB hard drive. The Homebrew Browser is a prime example of this, so any homebrew needs to be manually installed on the USB drive (at least, it was that way for me). USB Loader GX will load off of the USB drive just fine though.

The Official Forwarder for USB Loader GX will look for the application in the SD card first, and if it doesn't find the /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder (or whatever) it will search for it on the USB drive. This means that you can have an SD card inserted but the forwarder will still load it from the USB drive if you don't have it installed on the SD card. In my situation I have all of my homebrew on the SD card, but I have the USB Loader GX installed on the USB drive. So the Homebrew Channel doesn't see USB Loader GX, but all of the rest of my homebrew works, and the forwarder loads it off of the USB drive regardless if there's an SD card inserted.

Make sense?

Thanx for your explanation...
Oke this is really wierd. I have copied my entire apps dir on the sd card to my USB drive. When I run HBC nothing is listed.
But USBLoader GX through the forwarder is running just fine... with images, cheats and so on...

Do I need to tell HBC I have a USB drive? Do I need another version?

Thanks in advance !

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I have an active 500 gig External Hard Drive with about 103 games on it running thru the Gx Loader on my Wii. What I am wondering is if I can add a partition to my external drive now to use instead of SD Card. If so any info how to do it without loseing my games would be appreciated.

bullish1644

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snoozer said:
mamaopapai said:
It's possible to put a Divx Player in USB Loader ? With the same themes, click and show games, click and show the movies. All in the HD.
This is my ideia !!!!
Thanks a lot for this best Usb Loader !!!
Sorry for my enghish !

OMFG PLEASE DO NOT! this app is a loader for backupped GAMES! It's not a media Player! you wanna watch movies? How about trying another app! Like MPlayer CE *hint*!
I know guys like you...buying a refridgerator and asking about integrating a radio or TV in it...

i'm having trouble with mplayer CE loading my usb drive. it has wbfs partition and fat32 partition. how do i watch my divx movies?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
slingshot27 said:
Hooya said:

Make sense?

Thanx for your explanation...
Oke this is really wierd. I have copied my entire apps dir on the sd card to my USB drive. When I run HBC nothing is listed.
But USBLoader GX through the forwarder is running just fine... with images, cheats and so on...

Do I need to tell HBC I have a USB drive? Do I need another version?

Thanks in advance !

I bolded the part of my explanation that's pertinent. It doesn't look on the SD card first and then looks at the USB drive. It looks on the SD card. If it finds NO SD card at all, THEN and ONLY then will it look for the USB drive at all.

So in short, take out your SD card to see homebrew installed on your hard drive.

Posts merged

bullish1644 said:
Snoozer said:
QUOTE(mamaopapai @ Jul 4 2009, 07:32 PM)
It's possible to put a Divx Player in USB Loader ? With the same themes, click and show games, click and show the movies. All in the HD.
This is my ideia !!!!
Thanks a lot for this best Usb Loader !!!
Sorry for my enghish !

OMFG PLEASE DO NOT! this app is a loader for backupped GAMES! It's not a media Player! you wanna watch movies? How about trying another app! Like MPlayer CE *hint*!
I know guys like you...buying a refridgerator and asking about integrating a radio or TV in it...

i'm having trouble with mplayer CE loading my usb drive. it has wbfs partition and fat32 partition. how do i watch my divx movies?

Look in the Homebrew sub-forum for answers to your question. This is a thread about USB Loader GX, not media players.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When using the wiitdb.zip will it download all cover art just from that site?

I tried it and its not downloading any discs.Out of 91 games it got like 2 and said the rest werent available on the server.

Does it only download official disc art or custom as well?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I figure the team probably knows, but the last two or three revisions are all code dumping on start up when run entirely from the USB drive. Do I need to start with a fresh config file again? Attempting to run global cIOS222 which worked great back on rev 581.

I thought I saw another post saying the more recent revisions were broken when loading from the USB drive.

I have the most recent forwarder.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the more recent builds I sometimes get DSI Exception errors so I do compile my own at times. The problem I'm having is the revision of the build doesn't show up in the credits. I use devkitpro under Win32 environment. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Also I noticed that Japanese games doesn't seen to download for 3D covers even though they are available. If you choose flat covers they download fine.

Idoliside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, im getting code dumps on every game i load now. I updated this morning to the latest build.
Im not sure which of the numbers on the screen is the code dump address but i think it might be 80aae378

the other USB loader works fine and this one did before i updated it.

edit: Oh yeh wii version 4.0, with bootmii on the boot2, bannerbombed.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have issues updating the dol and/or all via the loader? No matter which revision I update from, I get a code dump immediately following the splash screen when restarting GX because it only downloaded an empty 0b boot.dol. I have to manually update with every revision.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a manager, can I get a ban check over here, on register 1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yep texasauras checks out as a 12 yr old, even tho claims is 36, ban material right there.
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Can't you be small on ya? :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes he can put a small one on ya
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok, stock it in the kids section, 80% off. Manager special.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I wouldn't be surprised if this is susbaconhairman.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What makes pooping after a shower feel so great
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    bc you resist the urge to poop while showering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shit talker
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hate when that happens, you just get out of shower n need to drop bombs. Guess I could of just used the shower and waffle stomped them logs into the drain.
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i just get out of the shower, it slides right out when my ass is lathered and i don't need to wipe
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pro tip: Girlfriends love when you shower together, you leave a tootsie roll in shower for her. Instant Love level +100
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if she eats it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then she's a keeper
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    ^^ This :rofl2:
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    i didnt feel very well in school cuz there was too much noise for me to handle
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also im gonna redownload touhou 8 bc the other day i accidentaly deleted it (and also try to beat it with other characters and harder difficulties)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Sensory overloads suck.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I totally get that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I totally get that.