Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Eclipse01 said:
Blue-K said:
Eclipse01 said:
has loader GX found a new site for auto cover art download yet?
Good morning, already awake
smile.gif
? Yes, already looong time ago, it's www.wiitdb.com.

Btw, sadly there's a big mess with the new versions (config-File works via SD, but not via USB, etc..). That's realy sad, hope the Team can fix this soon...

just update to the new dol/ version of GX and it should work?
Yup, works perfect for me (the downloading). It can also now download region covers (German ones, French ones, etc...) if they are on the Server. Great, right
smile.gif
?

thanks

JYC673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Huwie said:
Ok, so I hadn't renamed the r581.dol to boot.dol, did that now and it works! Huzzah! Problem, it lists mario kart 3 times instead of the 3 games that I have copied off disc onto the hd, worms and ssbb. No matter which mario kart I click it always loads mario kart so I have no way to access the other games (which both were working before I touched that accursed update button in the loader). It didnt detect my hard drive first time, did second time, didn't third time, why can't it just find my hdd each time, is this the spin down issue?

It sounds like when you first created your partitions you didn't define them all as Primary.

I have the same problem, but I can confirm that my partition are primary and not logical. This problem happens with r581/582 but not r576

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
guys, am i doing summit wrong here

i run via USB, when i launch the app via HBC the defaul;tpaths are correct i.e. USB/.....

when I launch via the forwarded, the defaults change to SD/......

any ideas

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheShadowRunner said:
I tested cios249 rev12, 13 and 13b.
I couldn't test rev10 because i'm on LU65.
My GX rev is 581.

Results:
rev12: all works OK, even for 2nd and subsequent games!
rev13: works OK for the first game, then gives black screen on 2nd game.
rev13b: same as rev13

There, rev12 is slightly slower i read, but at least it always works, not only for the first game.
I'm keeping rev12 for now, and hope rev14 when it's out will be the best of both worlds.

With rev12 do I need the anti002 fix or just the 002 fix for games like Ghostbusters or Indy? I am on 13a right now with the 002 fix on, but I hate the having to reboot to play another game and have been thinking about switching.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno about those games but conduit works fine with 002 fix from within GX.
I don't think the 002 fix from 13a/b is needed anymore with recent versions of GX, which now has it built-in.

d popcorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need to make more of the wiitdb view in your loader. The database is coming along very well with most games having good info. I have added over half my game info 50+ games. One problem with the view is when I press A to read the game overview and the overview is very long the info will run off the screen the text is also in a very small res on my tv. If you can add better view this wiitdb is wonderful and is defenelty the next big step. Getting this to look good is a must for all coders on this loader to work on.

keep up the good work I have been using this loader since the start and watched it evolve into what it is today

i also think the button that brings up the wiitbd info should be changed from 2 to B
this will make bring up info when pointing the wii remote a lot easier

Latest wiitdb.zip can be found here http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb.zip
place in config on sd no need unzip

denpanosekai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I have frequent Code Dumps with 581, not that they stop me from enjoying USB Loader.

I'm trying to understand how to "favorite" games by myself (should really read the FAQ) but anyway the point is that clicking on that "STAR" icon at the top frequently crashes USB Loader.

Let me know if that helps, or if you need more details.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tagteam3283 said:
guys, am i doing summit wrong here

i run via USB, when i launch the app via HBC the defaul;tpaths are correct i.e. USB/.....

when I launch via the forwarded, the defaults change to SD/......

any ideas

You using the latest forwarder channel?It looks on sd first then usb i believe.

Sounds to me like you still have everything on the sd card as well as the usb and when your going through hbc to do it your loading the settings from the hard drive and when your going through the forwarder you still might have your sd card inserted and its loading the config file from it instead of loading it from the usb drive.

If this is the case just delete the config file on the sd card and you will still be able to use the card in the wii and use the forwarder channel still.

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why the r581 keeps on asking me the password everytime I start the homebrew??
I need to repeatedly put the unlock password...

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I installed the usb loader gx this morning and tried to update to r581, but it doesn't seem like it actually updated. I checked the credit page and it shows r516...Is there a download link to the latest version?

EDIT: Ahh fixed it
smile.gif
Turned out the channel was r516

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also it won't let me install MadWorld from a retail disc, not a copy.....after a while it stucks...once at 48.18%, once at 74%
blink.gif

dogmanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a channel installer with the latest stable build? I cant keep the forwarder from hanging and having to shutdown/restart upon every cold start up.

Edit.. I may have figured it out.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prisoner said:
Also it won't let me install MadWorld from a retail disc, not a copy.....after a while it stucks...once at 48.18%, once at 74%
blink.gif

Disc might be dirty or have a lot of scratches.

Also you can try using a different loader to install the game and see if that fixes it.

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
icpmattj said:
Prisoner said:
blink.gif

Also you can try using a different loader to install the game and see if that fixes it.
the disc is perfect....It's not rented...it's mine....

another loader to try?
coverflow?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try whatever loader you want.

The install process could be bugged or something seeing how there is a ton of shit packed into gx.

Try waninkoko 1.5 official loader.Its the most basic you will find.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prisoner said:
icpmattj said:
Prisoner said:
blink.gif

another loader to try?
coverflow?

Use your PC and load it with WBFS Manager 3.0, you will get your answer if it is your disc or not...

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
80% of all hacked Wiis were not all hacked the same way. There's 1000 different guides telling noobs to do 1000 different things to their systems. Different sysmenus, different cIOS revisions installed which have different fixes and different bugs... I personally use use cIOS 222 installed as 37 merge 36 globally for all but two of my games and those two games get booted with cIOS 249 rev 12 because it has the "no disc in drive fix" and because it doesn't have the hard reset bug that rev 13 has. For some reason USB Loader GX would go to black screen if I set it globally to 249 and then tried to boot an individual game with 222. I flipped them and now everything boots perfectly. So that's what I mean by different strokes for different folks. Some people have no problem with 249, some do.

QUOTENot sure you really got your answer on the HERMES CIOS 222/223. Hermes CIOS from what I understand is basically an alternative to CIOS 249. It also includes a basic function to stop hard drive spin-downs (which works, but I can't confirm how long it actually works). CIOS 223 (Merging IOS 60 w/ 36 --I believe) allows USB instrument support on the second USB slot. But basically it is a preference thing. I have been experimenting with the CIOS 222/223 to try to get my hard drive to stop spinning down as I have an old hard drive, and it doesn't have APM that I can modify.

Thanks guys. That clears it up for me a bit. I figured it had something to do with the method the Wii was hacked, and the hardware being used. I never factored in the USB drive being what was different. Makes me more confident that if I use the same method of hacking other Wiis they will work the same way mine does.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
Prisoner said:
icpmattj said:
Prisoner said:
blink.gif

another loader to try?
coverflow?

Use your PC and load it with WBFS Manager 3.0, you will get your answer if it is your disc or not...

He has the official disc not the iso image of it.
Plus to load it through his pc he would need a special drive that reads the wii discs which i doubt he has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Answered in your topic