Country
United States

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adam_the_1st said:
I know the whole deal about no configs blah blah blah, but Im trying to implement a few themes but as of yet haven't even been able to get my original to work, can someone atleast tell me if my structure is right

loader is in SD/apps/guiloader/
theme (along with theme.txt) is in SD/Gu/
config in root points to Gu as theme directory
of course titles.txt is also in root

any ideas, thanks in advance for not flaming me BlindDude, I love you too.

That's correct setting.

In config.txt, if your wii is using 16:9, put wtheme_path = SD:/Gu/
otherwise, put theme_path = SD:/Gu/

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adam_the_1st said:
I know the whole deal about no configs blah blah blah, but Im trying to implement a few themes but as of yet haven't even been able to get my original to work, can someone atleast tell me if my structure is right

loader is in SD/apps/guiloader/
theme (along with theme.txt) is in SD/Gu/
config in root points to Gu as theme directory
of course titles.txt is also in root

any ideas, thanks in advance for not flaming me BlindDude, I love you too.

i have my config.txt, my titles.txt, and my images folder on the root of my SD.
my theme path in config.txt points to my images folder where i have my theme.txt, my disc images folder, and my cover images.

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thanks hungyip, any idea why it might not be working, are the txt files really picky on how they are created like with the hack.ini on preloader... maybe?

@priapism, so thats workin for you? I'll give it a try

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EspañolPorGoogle said:
keyra said:

I've made a patch that re-enables downloading cover art in a less irritating way. I've re-synced my patch with the latest revision (r140). I'll keep updating it until it or something similar is committed.

http://www.mediafire.com/beavertank_patches

great but how do you use it
biggrin.gif

A50SNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JussiPik said:
heres rev120 with my themes,i made a channel for "greywave"

download greywave
download greywave channel

download silverline-beta2

can i trouble you to make a channel for the greywave, based on the newest version of the gui loader? or explain to me how i could make one myself. i installed your wad and now have a channel that i can load my games from my USB HDD and it works amazing...thanks...

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EspañolPorGoogle said:
keyra said:

I've made a patch that re-enables downloading cover art in a less irritating way. I've re-synced my patch with the latest revision (r140). I'll keep updating it until it or something similar is committed.

So what do I do with the patch files? Do you need to tinker with the config.txt file at all with this patch?

fozzieb

Trophies
Website
www.caledonian-it.co.uk
XP
Country
ok here is a mod of adam_the_1st' gui mod as a theme,

Theme

i put it in my sd:/apps/usbloader/ folder

config txt

theme_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/theme/

or for 16:9

wtheme_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/theme/

you can move the buttons by looking at the theme.txt

have a play.

Cheers.

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I've got it working, seems I had to use the wide setting, duh

@fozzie: They seem to be counting out from the top corner, so say on Standard Def your workable area is 640 by 480, you'll have to estimate from there,

EDIT: haha. looks like you beat me to it, I will take a look at your files there, thanks for your hard work

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello
My wii is in 16/9 mode , how to active it in the USBLoader if i've no theme : Is it possible with default theme ?
Is it ok if I change the config.txt ?
Thanks

EspañolPorGoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mediafire.com
XP
Country
United States
kamakaze said:
EspañolPorGoogle said:
keyra said:

So what do I do with the patch files? Do you need to tinker with the config.txt file at all with this patch?

Download the source code. cd to the folder with the Makefile. Run "patch -p1 < filename.patch". This will update the source code from r140 to match what's in my git. The png file will need to go in source/images. Run make and send the boot.dol to your wii.

I won't be making binaries as my intention is not to fork, but to get this included (or a similar fix) into the main code. Until it's included, I will periodically sync my patches with a current commit and upload new files to my media fire.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zouille83 said:
hello
My wii is in 16/9 mode , how to active it in the USBLoader if i've no theme : Is it possible with default theme ?
Is it ok if I change the config.txt ?
Thanks
The whole point of the configtxt is so you can change it. It puts a lot of the crap people want to change all in 1 place. No, you won't brick the wii by changing this file.

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
keyra said:
It works fine.
Two "details":
- when I navigate with the up and down arrows, it could be good to be able to run the selected game directly with button A. If I understood well the version I have, even if the right game is selected, I have to go with the cursor on the game before to push A. If you want to avoid mistakes, it can be done by clicking on the cover.
- when I put the cursor on the scrollbar, it growths, ok. But when I move it while pressing A button, it becomes again small when I arrive near up and down arrows. Is it normal ?

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EspañolPorGoogle said:
kamakaze said:
EspañolPorGoogle said:
keyra said:

Download the source code. cd to the folder with the Makefile. Run "patch -p1 < filename.patch". This will update the source code from r140 to match what's in my git. The png file will need to go in source/images. Run make and send the boot.dol to your wii.

I won't be making binaries as my intention is not to fork, but to get this included (or a similar fix) into the main code. Until it's included, I will periodically sync my patches with a current commit and upload new files to my media fire.
i see that i bit off more than i can chew. you are talking greek to me. i will wait till a clean version comes out with the changes included.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi