• Replies 29,352
  • Likes 47

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try gcreex format, try with no disc, try to rerip the game if you ripped it yourself, or try to find another copy. sometimes even running a disk scan on pc can fix errors like this, its rare but possible.

also what region game vs what region system?

if all else fails, try rolling back to earlier DM and see if it works. and if that fails, then you are out of luck my friend! :)

KatieOoT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try gcreex format, try with no disc, try to rerip the game if you ripped it yourself, or try to find another copy. sometimes even running a disk scan on pc can fix errors like this, its rare but possible.

also what region game vs what region system?

if all else fails, try rolling back to earlier DM and see if it works. and if that fails, then you are out of luck my friend! :)

Well all else has failed so I guess I'll have to try an early DM version haha
Do you know if anyone else has gotten this problem?

marck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan how do i know if my 1tb harddrive have 512 bytes per sector...if it doesnt how do i make my hdd have 512 bytes per sector?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
@Cyan how do i know if my 1tb harddrive have 512 bytes per sector...if it doesnt how do i make my hdd have 512 bytes per sector?
I'm not sure how to tell which one it is but if it's one or the other there's usually no way to change it. It has to do with how the drive is manufactured in the first place.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r[e="KatieOoT, post: 4559178, member: 321654"]Well all else has failed so I guess I'll have to try an early DM version haha
Do you know if anyone else has gotten this problem?[/quote]
yge ga
Well all else has failed so I guess I'll have to try an early DM version haha
Do you know if anyone else has gotten this problem?

I dont know but i will test it later if i remember and post back. If you can remember try to send me a PM to remind me :)

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 games not working from my emu nand. Smash Bros. (N64 Virtual Console) hangs at you will need classic controller screen and Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth (Wii Ware) reboots the wii when I try to launch.

I am using r1209 and d2x v10

Are these not compatible? Any ideas?

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
is it normal that i can only play my retail gamecube discs with a usb attached without one it tells me to put one in. Im using dm 2.7 and usbgx 1209

NetSphereEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys I removed my Configurable USB Loader to change for this one and I loved it!

But Virtua Tennis 2009 that I was playing without problems with Configurable USB Loader now have some small problems.

After a match some times the music of the match point mode start to play together with the other results menu music. And another time the music for the match point just didn't played at all! Please help me cause I just love this player : (

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have 2 games not working from my emu nand. Smash Bros. (N64 Virtual Console) hangs at you will need classic controller screen and Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth (Wii Ware) reboots the wii when I try to launch.

I am using r1209 and d2x v10

Are these not compatible? Any ideas?
Castlevania is not compatible. I don't know if there's a specific revision of the cIOS to make it work.

N64 VC games have problem with d2x, you need the old cIOS rev17 or 19 (rev19 has better compatibility with N64).
rev17-21 emuNAND has more restriction, so the loader won't let you use it unless everything is setup correctly and you know what you are doing (noobproof).

In both cases, neek2o is the best way to launch these games from EmuNAND, but it's not compatible yet with USBLoaderGX.

Edit:
To anyone using EmuNAND, please don't use the internal Wad Manager to install titles.
since r1203, it's decrypting games using the Korean key (because of bad ticket), resulting in corrupted files. When this is game files, it's fine, as you can delete it and reinstall it.
But if it's a shared file it will not be deleted and all your other/future games requesting that content will use the bad file. Your emuNAND will be corrupted, not only the game.
I'm currently fixing this issue with the bad tickets (don't use pirated VC/WW! only extract your own games and you will have good tickets)

NetSphereEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry I think I messed in some options and that's why I had problems! I just reseted the loader config and the iso too and now it is perfect! God bless the makers of such beautiful loader!!!!!

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info Cyan.

I was wondering about this listed feature:

Playlog: Log the game you played to the Wii message board (You need to exit the game to the wii menu).

This doesn't seem to work for me. Is it because I am launching with a forwarder?

NetSphereEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys I removed my Configurable USB Loader to change for this one and I loved it!

But Virtua Tennis 2009 that I was playing without problems with Configurable USB Loader now have some small problems.

After a match some times the music of the match point mode start to play together with the other results menu music. And another time the music for the match point just didn't played at all! Please help me cause I just love this player : (

OK played some more and the problem came back : ( I'm testing with the default settings for the entire loader also I reseted the game settings.

Any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info Cyan.

I was wondering about this listed feature:
Playlog: Log the game you played to the Wii message board (You need to exit the game to the wii menu).
This doesn't seem to work for me. Is it because I am launching with a forwarder?
1. You enabled it in the feature menu?
2. You disabled "return to" in the loader setting/individual game setting menu?

If you use "return to...the loader" when exiting a game to load a title instead of the system menu, it will not work as it's the system menu which is writing the log file, not the loader.

OK played some more and the problem came back : ( I'm testing with the default settings for the entire loader also I reseted the game settings.
Any ideas?
I don't know why the music are merging/not playing. the loader's setting shouldn't affect the game, unless you force a different video mode than the one expected maybe (causing de-synch in audio/video events).
the game region match the console region?
which settings are different from Cfg loader? (cIOS, video mode, patches, etc.)

NetSphereEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep they match. My Wii is 4.3U and the iso is NTSC US too!

I made the tests all day and even got tired of the game hahahaha

I tested in USBLoaderGX with all default settings and in CFG too. CFG seems to be more rare to happen but I noticed it 2 times : (

I just asked here cause I thought it was a problem with compatibility with GX but now I know that it's not and I'm more confident and I hope this music problem just happens in Virtua Tennis 2009!

I already gave up that game but I think it can be a bug or the iso cause I didn't find anything on the internet about it! This or no one cares about the game to notice this little thing.

Drunk_caterpillar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm new here and having a problem that I haven't found a solution for. I'm running USB Loader GX r1209_IOS249 with Devolution r188 and for some reason I keep getting this error:

USB Loader GX said:
Error: You need to install Devolution or DIOS MIOS (Lite) to launch GameCube games from USB or SD card

I have Devolution in sd/apps/gc_devo and it also has the loader.bin file from the gc_devo_src.zip file in there. What am I supposed to be doing that I'm not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all