• Views 7,162,508
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to keep the official repository updated, so users have a place to get the latest version instead of wondering which one to use with different mods and patches.
maybe we could give you access to sourceforge, it might be easier to maintain the official project if you commit there.
I don't know what dimok would think about it, but Pledge and you are the only active devs working on it.
I have taken a break myself. although i recently found some minor issues wiiflow lite and nintendont and plan on releasing an update for it soon. time permitting.

also it's Fledge not Pledge. but that's ok it gave me a good laugh.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry, it was a mistake :P
I think I properly named you fledge in the past ... or am I ? ^^;

Yeah, the only thing stopping us is free time to work on what we want. so much things I would like, and new thing always appear and pile up.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: fledge68

Dan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please accept my apologies as I am sure this is covered elsewhere but please can someone let me know how to manually edit Wii game titles in USB Loader GX. I have imported the gamestdb list but there are still errors, e.g. Okami shows as kami.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please accept my apologies as I am sure this is covered elsewhere but please can someone let me know how to manually edit Wii game titles in USB Loader GX. I have imported the gamestdb list but there are still errors, e.g. Okami shows as kami.

You can change it in the xml file and the titles.txt file. I had to do that with Okami, too. It sorts it to the end of the game list instead of putting it under "O". :/

Dan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Grappreciate the prompt post: 7175629 said:
You can change it in the xml file and the titles.txt file. I had to do that with Okami, too. It sorts it to the end of the game list instead of putting it under "O". :/
Very much appreciate the prompt response. Maybe a fumb question but do I need to edit via Wii Backup Manager or can i just edit the titles in the files on the drive.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very much appreciate the prompt response. Maybe a fumb question but do I need to edit via Wii Backup Manager or can i just edit the titles in the files on the drive.

You can just edit them in the loader's folder. I just changed all of the occurrences of "Ōkami" to "Okami" with WordPad.

Dan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can just edit them in the loader's folder. I just changed all of the occurrences of "Ōkami" to "Okami" with WordPad.
Thanks again. Now for dumb question no. 2 (and genuinely sorry for taking up your time with this). How do i access the files to edit in the loader? I assume i am doing this on Usb Loader GX on the Wii? But what menu do I enter in order to make the edits?

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again. Now for dumb question no. 2 (and genuinely sorry for taking up your time with this). How do i access the files to edit in the loader? I assume i am doing this on Usb Loader GX on the Wii? But what menu do I enter in order to make the edits?

Greywolf talk about doing these changes on your computer using Wordpad. The files is on your SD Card under the folder X:/apps/usbloader_gx

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could do it in the loader, but it sometime forget the user's edition (no idea why, probably a bug).
It's more permanent to edit the wiitdb.xml, but remember that you will have to fix it again if you update that file.

The issue is not the loader (partially at fault) but the Font you are using.
the loader is using "system font" by default, which doesn't have the Ō letter. so you don't see it, and the game looks like "kami".
This can't be fixed, it's just a missing Font issue.

The fault of the loader is the fact that the Ō is located after the Z in alphabetical order, because it's checking the letter's order in ASCII/UTF8 order, and not in human-readable order. This could be fixed.

To fix the title inside the loader, there are few methods :
1. disable system font, it will use a custom font (I find it ugly, but some users might prefer it).
Settings > GUI > system font : OFF
you will have to re-ajust the font size or you might have too big letters and overflowing menus.

2. Load a font of your choice using the Theme option.

3. Edit the game's title in the Title cache.
This is what seems to have a bug, and the title is sometime not remembered and revert back to the one located in Wiitdb.xml file

- Settings > GUI > Game window : rotating disc (or mixed)
- If you chose mixed, go to a layout other than the animated banner layout (List, Wall, or carrousel)
- Select your game
- Click on the game's title at the top of the rotating disc menu
- select a new game's title
- reload the loader if it doesn't take effect immediately.

If you notice other errors (real errors, not display errors in the loader) in wiitdb, then you'd better report them to gametdb website so other people will benefit from your help too :)
There's nothing to report for Ōkami, as this is the correct name. it's only a loader's bug.

Last edited by Cyan,

Dan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could do it in the loader, but it sometime forget the wiitdb.zip edition (no idea why, probably a bug).
It's more permanent to edit the wiitdb.xml, remember that you will have to fix it again if you update that file.

The issue is not the loader (partially at fault) but the Font you are using.
the loader is using "system font" by default, which doesn't have the Ō letter. so you don't see it, and the game looks like "kami".
This can't be fixed, it's just a missing Font issue.

The fault of the loader is the fact that the Ō is located after the Z in alphabetical order, because it's checking the letter's order in ASCII/UTF8 order, and not in human-readable order. This could be fixed.

To fix the title inside the loader, there are few methods :
1. disable system font, it will use a custom font (I find it ugly, but some users might prefer it).
Settings > GUI > system font : OFF
you will have to re-ajust the font size or you might have too big letters and overflowing menus.

2. Load a font of your choice using the Theme option.

3. Edit the game's title in the Title cache.
This is what seems to have a bug, and the title is sometime not remembered and revert back to the one located in Wiitdb.xml file

- Settings > GUI > Game window : rotating disc (or mixed)
- If you chose mixed, go to a layout other than the animated banner layout (List, Wall, or carrousel)
- Select your game
- Click on the game's title at the top of the rotating disc menu
- select a new game's title
- reload the loader if it doesn't take effect immediately.

If you notice other errors (real errors, not display errors in the loader) in wiitdb, then you'd better report them to gametdb website so other people will benefit from your help too :)
There's nothing to report for Ōkami, as this is the correct name. it's only a loader's bug.
Thank you for your detailed response and for all your work here. I did notice one error on the wiitdb website (capitalisation of SEGA on Sega Bass Fishing (US version only). Tried to edit but it looks like i need permission to do so. No response received yet. I had assumed it was a font error with Okami as that is listed correctly on wiitdb.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SEGA is written differently on different websites.

steam and microsoft have it in upper case, some other website (wikipedia) it's in lower case.

I can see if I have the rights to edit gametdb and set it in lower case to match EUR and JPN version. (or do the contrary and upper case EUR and JPN versions)
edit:
I changed it to lowercase, it's updated on the database.

Last edited by Cyan,

lego6245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.

Freshly modded vWii, trying to get Nintendont and USB Loader GX to play nice.

After initial plug in of my hard drive, a FAT32 formatted 1TB WD MyPassport with a Y-Cable, USB Loader GX loads just fine. I can start and begin playing my Gamecube games using Nintendont.

When I reset (L + R + Z + START with my Gamecube controller), USB Loader GX reloads but then hangs on initializing USB device, eventually failing. I have to unplug the drive, plug it into my computer, then plug it back into the Wii U, or do a reboot of the system, in order for it to function again. The hang happens on Initializing USB device, before displaying Waiting -9 seconds, and then going to channel only mode.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I've tried it on both IOS 249 and IOS 250.

Last edited by lego6245,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all.

Freshly modded vWii, trying to get Nintendont and USB Loader GX to play nice.

After initial plug in of my hard drive, a FAT32 formatted 1TB WD MyPassport with a Y-Cable, USB Loader GX loads just fine. I can start and begin playing my Gamecube games using Nintendont.

When I reset (L + R + Z + START with my Gamecube controller), USB Loader GX reloads but then hangs on initializing USB device, eventually failing. I have to unplug the drive, plug it into my computer, then plug it back into the Wii U, or do a reboot of the system, in order for it to function again. The hang happens on Initializing USB device, before displaying Waiting -9 seconds, and then going to channel only mode.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I've tried it on both IOS 249 and IOS 250.
That seems exactly like the problem I'm having for months.
It's an issue with the wake up function for USB drives.
Try setting the loader global IOS to 58 and see if it detects your drive. Should take a few seconds (to wake it up) but work then. I had a MyPassport as well (4 TB).
Problem is, when I set IOS to 58 it wakes the drive and boots up the loader just fine but I can't launch any Wii games. They result in a black screen.
I already made Cyan and GreyWolf aware of this issue.
I hope if more people are having it, they may look into it sooner. :P

lego6245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems exactly like the problem I'm having for months.
It's an issue with the wake up function for USB drives.
Try setting the loader global IOS to 58 and see if it detects your drive. Should take a few seconds (to wake it up) but work then. I had a MyPassport as well (4 TB).
Interesting. I've tried Loader IOS 58 but then it just straight up doesn't load the USB. Just skips over that step it seems. Loads super quick though :) I'll give that another try, see if I missed something.

EDIT: Just tried using Loader IOS 58 and same issue, hangs on initalizing HDD and then Waiting for HDD with 9 seconds remaining. New this time, it seems to hang on Reinitializingg devices as well.

Last edited by lego6245,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back