• Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

thepieddragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hidden menu doesn't work all the time on vWii.
be sure to have the font.bin or it will not work at all, then don't try to open the menu right after system menu is loaded, wait one minute before trying to display it.
sometime it's even flickering on the screen, it's very unstable.

Ahh, I remember about the garbage text. It's an option in USBLoaderGX for Wii games (I don't know if there's the same option in neek). It's the "country string patch" option in the game settings.

You don't need neek for most games, just use Full emuNAND option instead.
There's a known issue with the settings and patches not working with the channels. Maybe that would have fix your issue.
You can still try, it might work.

use emuNAND full, enable country string option.
if it does nothing, go to settings>loader settings, look for the channel launch mode, switch from normal<->boot.dol

if it doesn't work, you can try Wiiflow, the settings and patches are working with channels in that loader. (just to see if it fix your issue)

Ugh, and emuNAND doesn't seem to want to display in the WiiFlow mod... Though I can switch to the neek system menu via that. So that's good. Even though I can't enter this hidden menu you're talking about, even with the font.bin. But eh, again, the garbled text isn't the hugest issue in the world, and it's only problematic on a handful of games and the display of titles on Japanese Virtual Console channel banners (which don't display text at all, instead of just garbled text). Or, for that matter, the display of some channel banners in general is a bit weird, like the layering's wrong.

wiiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use FAT32 formater to format the NTFS to FAT32.

You don't have the latest USBLoaderGX version.
You probably installed the r1260 to your SD card, but you are NOT launching that version. You probably are still launching the loader from the installed channel and not from the homebrew channel.

Your installed channel has an old version (r1180) and is not launching the version from SD card.
follow this guide to replace your "r1180" full channel to a Forwarder channel which will load the file from SD instead of a fixed internal version.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1114#post-6478222

if you really are using r1260 (revision number displayed on launch screen), then you probably didn't change the gamecube launch mode. By default it's set to MIOS, you need to change it to Nintendont.
Thank you, everything is working perfectly.

Reactions: Cyan

Rich Q

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use FAT32 formater to format the NTFS to FAT32.

You don't have the latest USBLoaderGX version.
You probably installed the r1260 to your SD card, but you are NOT launching that version. You probably are still launching the loader from the installed channel and not from the homebrew channel.

Your installed channel has an old version (r1180) and is not launching the version from SD card.
follow this guide to replace your "r1180" full channel to a Forwarder channel which will load the file from SD instead of a fixed internal version.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1114#post-6478222

if you really are using r1260 (revision number displayed on launch screen), then you probably didn't change the gamecube launch mode. By default it's set to MIOS, you need to change it to Nintendont.
Seems like exactly the issue. I'm not using SD card but USB drive, and what I did, I put r1260 in my apps, and I had the correct wad in my /wad folder but also some old wads, and I used the wrong wad which installed the full channel instead of the forwarder. Now it works fine. Thank you :yay:

Reactions: Cyan

Rich Q

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed one other thing... which is not actually a problem. If I have both GameCube and Wii games in my game list (but the nand stuff off). I go to the list view so I can update covers. After I download the art files, only GameCube games show up in the list. But everything comes back into view once I toggle the sorting options.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, I didn't notice that.
I'm always using list view over banner view, but didn't have this bug. I'll try to remember about it next time I use it.

just a note : you don't need to go to the list view to update the covers, just press 1 or 2 on the wiimote to open the cover download window.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Why is Wii Play: Motion on USB Loader GX giving me Region Error? (it's a black screen with that text in red)

Used to work no problem but it gives this to me, and I'm using the USA Copy on a USA Wii.

Even though this won't do anything I redumped my game with no difference.

UPDATE: Set it to not use NAND Emulation but my Save File's there so I realized that I need to change it. This should be the reason why it isn't working.

Last edited by Larsenv,

MeteK

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

Will it be a compatible version with the lastest Nintendont (to not have the message about the compatibility when launching a GC game) ?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully a quick question... Have a Wii coming in the mail and I'm prepping my SD card and drives. Do I need to create separate partitions on my HDD for apps vs backups?

Edit...
As I was typing that I figured I would just run apps from SD and use the drive solely for backups...

Last edited by retKHAAAN,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !

Will it be a compatible version with the lastest Nintendont (to not have the message about the compatibility when launching a GC game) ?

If you're getting a message about Gamecube games you're probably using an old revision. It works fine with Nintendont.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

Is there a new nintendont version ? I didn't follow the progress recently.
I know they added ExFAT support (which I can't add to USBGX), and GPT support (USBGX can already list games from a GPT partition). I made a version which allows booting nintendont if the game is located on a GPT partition instead of refusing to boot.
If you want the latest revision, it's r1261 mod01
it only adds GPT partition launching support with nintendont.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lznsb2zd7mcpm2d/USBLoaderGX_r1261Mod01.7z

If there's a new nintendont version which is really blocking the launch, let me know. I'll check if there's a new "Nintendont Setting version" to update.

Do I need to create separate partitions on my HDD for apps vs backups?
No, you don't need different partitions.
You can have a big FAT32 partition, with :
homebrew in usb:/apps/ (thought, it's better to have all your homebrew and resources in SD:/apps/)
wii games in usb:/wbfs/
gamecube in usb:/games/
ROMs (for emulators) and other games data (DosBox, etc.) can be on USB.

If you want a single FAT32 partition, it will depend your HDD size and sector size.
There's a known reported issue with GPT drives having multiple partitions, so if you want to use multiple partitions be sure to set the partition table as MBR instead of GPT, or make only one partition if you use GPT.

Reactions: sonictopfan

MeteK

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The actual rev is 4.419 and i still have the message that usb loader gx cannot verify the nintendont boot.dol.

Last edited by MeteK,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The actual rev is 4.419 and i still have the message that usb loader gx cannot verify the nintendont boot.dol.

Was the error message "USBloaderGX couldn't verify Nintendont boot.dol file. Launch this boot.dol anyway?"

That means it couldn't detect the version of Nintendont. Did you try downloading it again and replacing it? If your apps folder is on a FAT32 SD card it shouldn't have any problems reading the version number on revisions from the past year. Nintendont has a version string embedded in it.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I have a question:

USB Loader GX has been working wonderfully for me, but I encountered a problem:

In Fishing Resort, whenever I try to play one of the kayak mini games, the game goes to black to load whatever it needs to load, and it stays black.

The game does not freeze, it just stays black. You can shut off the Wii with the wiimote normally, and it even shows the "The connection with the wimote has been lost" like in many other games when you shut it off through the controller.

It only loaded correctly once, but the rest of the time it stays black.

I tried several with dumps, but this issue seems to persist. The version is the NTSC-U (as it never came to Europe).

Do any of you know how to solve this, or why could be happening? I never had a problem with USB Loader GX (Except one game once, but it was related to a corrupted file cache long ago).

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, not really. I never had to do that in any game, actually.

What process should I follow?

I know that in Wii Backup Manager it says "IOS 56" but I haven't seen with which IOS it runs on USB Loader GX.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not really. I never had to do that in any game, actually.

What process should I follow?

I know that in Wii Backup Manager it says "IOS 56" but I haven't seen with which IOS it runs on USB Loader GX.

I believe GX defaults to 249 (i'm assuming you have that currently installed with base 56) but you can change the settings per game. I know there are a handful of games that run off of 250 but I'm not sure how far into them you would get using 249.

Reactions: Maeson

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Looking at my USB Loader GX general options it says that it has:

Loader IOS 249
Game IOS 250

When I look at Fishing Resorts options it says Game IOS Global, when I click on that it shows a calculator type of GUI to choose numbers.

I'm pretty lost at that point, as I've never had to touch it in all these years.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at my USB Loader GX general options it says that it has:

Loader IOS 249
Game IOS 250

When I look at Fishing Resorts options it says Game IOS Global, when I click on that it shows a calculator type of GUI to choose numbers.

I'm pretty lost at that point, as I've never had to touch it in all these years.

Just hit Clear and enter the IOS number you want to use. Assuming you've got d2x cIOS installed as IOS249[56] and IOS250[57] you'd want 249 as the game IOS. The "loader IOS" setting is only for USB Loader GX's drive access. The Game IOS is the one it reloads to before booting the game.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh, I see. Yes, I remember installing D2x CIOS when I started using USB Loader GX.

I just tried putting it at 249, but I get the same issue. I tried to play that part of the game several times, and only once it loaded right. The rest were black screens.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I encountered a problem In Fishing Resort
Do you use EmuNAND save option ?
Zelda Skyward Sword has this same problem when using EmuNAND.

If you don't use emuNAND, maybe the cIOS base56 is not good and you need a base57 ?
it all depends your installed slots. (if you have base57 in slot 250, try the game with cIOS250)
But I see you said Wii Backup Manager report that the game runs on IOS56, so using a base56 is the best choice. you don't need to try with base 57

Maybe the game is corrupted, bad dump, etc. and it crashes only when the bad data is loaded.
It can happen if you had the game on a WBFS partition.
You can check the game for corruption with Wii Backup Manager > select game > option > Sha1 check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte