Hacking USB Loader GX won't load from HDD

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why the modified versions of USB Loader GX with Dios Mios 2.x always prompts me to copy a Gamecube game from the SD card as opposed to loading one from the HDD?

What I'm saying is, even though all the directories are set up on the HDD, it always asks me to copy from the HDD to SD card and refuses to load. Why is this happening?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your modified version of the loader is probably an old one, which didn't support DIOS MIOS (to load games from USB)
OR
you have the correct version of USBLoaderGX, but you have DIOS MIOS Lite installed.
DIOS MIOS Lite can only launch games from SD card, but you can store more ISO on USB so the loader display both USB and SD storage but ask to copy to SD first.

Solution:
Install DIOS MIOS if you want to launch games located on USB
Install DIOS MIOS Lite if you want to launch games located on SD
Update to a more recent USBloaderGX? I don't know which version you have, I suggest r1205

With r1205 you can see which version and type of DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS lite you have currently installed by going into the Settings > Credit. it's written at the top left.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your modified version of the loader is probably an old one, which didn't support DIOS MIOS (to load games from USB)
OR
you have the correct version of USBLoaderGX, but you have DIOS MIOS Lite installed.
DIOS MIOS Lite can only launch games from SD card, but you can store more ISO on USB so the loader display both USB and SD storage but ask to copy to SD first.

Solution:
Install DIOS MIOS if you want to launch games located on USB
Install DIOS MIOS Lite if you want to launch games located on SD
Update to a more recent USBloaderGX? I don't know which version you have, I suggest r1205

With r1205 you can see which version and type of DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS lite you have currently installed by going into the Settings > Credit. it's written at the top left.

Hmm, I may have accidentally installed DML instead of just DM 2.x, which I install with any WAD manager, right? Oh, and thanks for the updated modified version of USB Loader GX! I'll give that a whirl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far