USB Loader GX - Wii won't recognize memory stick anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Anous, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Anous
    OP

Newcomer Anous Member

Sweden
    Okay, so I softmodded my Wii awhile back ago, can't really remember what I used, but I think I followed a guide from a nice guy on this forum. I also purchased a memory stick that was on the comparability list and everything worked fine in the beginning. Now tho, USB Loader GX won't cooperate and is very bitchy to me. I have reformatted the the USB Drive with WBFS, and loaded the games over, yet it won't recognize it. Any ideas?

And as I don't have the Wii with me where I currently am, I am going to have to wait until tomorrow to try all your kickass tips and tricks!

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Did it decide to stop working ... like that? from one day it stopped working?
    Did you change anything to your Wii setup since it was working? Like updating the USBloader, or updating the homebrew channel, updating cIOS, updating Wii menu, or adding/removing games?
    anything you can remember which changed since the time it was working.
    If you updated the USBLoaderGX, did you try reverting the changes?

WBFS partition is not needed anymore, you can now partition in FAT32 or NTFS. (FAT32 recommended for other homebrew compatibility)
    Then use WiiBackupManager or the USBloader itself to put the games on the memory stick to write them in the correct file format.

3. Anous
    OP

Newcomer Anous Member

Sweden
    I will reformat the thing for FAT32

And yes, I have changed cIOS quite a few times. I couldn't get Majoras Mask to run and people just told you to change cIOS and I did.

Is there a cIOS I should change back too?

4. Anous
    OP

Newcomer Anous Member

Sweden
    Okay, I have managed to get Majoras mask to work, but It still won't read my memory stick. It recognizes it, but just says "USB DEVICE not found. Switching to channel list mode."