Luke_Flee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone,

if I wanted to install USB Loader GX on my modded vWii, could I follow the wii.guide made for the regular Wii? Also can you explain me why the loader file from the guide is 5.58 MB compared to the one from the official gba post, which is just 2.34 MB?
It seems they’re both the same v3.0 r1272 version, but there are additional files in the one from the guide

Untitled.png

Which one should I use?
Thanks

Reactions: Kopimist

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik you can use the latest version of USB loader GX whatever that may be. HOWEVER do NOT follow a guide designed for the original Wii as it will have you installing CIOS's that are meant for regular Wii and could potentially brick the vWii. You need to follow a vWii specific guide.

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi everyone,

if I wanted to install USB Loader GX on my modded vWii, could I follow the wii.guide made for the regular Wii? Also can you explain me why the loader file from the guide is 5.58 MB compared to the one from the official gba post, which is just 2.34 MB?
It seems they’re both the same v3.0 r1272 version, but there are additional files in the one from the guide

View attachment 316334

Which one should I use?
Thanks
use the enhanced version
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/post-8856063

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, no u need a guide for vwii modding. The used cios are different. Using the wrong one one wrong (u)wii is causing a brick. And it seems its dependend if u run Tiramisu or CBHC.
U need only the one normal boot.dol the png and xml file. The other 480px .dol is for specific case wich will explained in the 480p info.txt
Btw use best the 1272 mod7 Version.

Reactions: Luke_Flee

Luke_Flee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright guys, sorry I didn't mention this earlier, but I already modded my vWii according to the wiiu.hacks.guide, so all cIOS should be fine. I also have Tiramisu up and running.

My problem was that I had no idea how to install USB Loader GX, if I got this right I should just extract the USB Loader GX and put it in the apps folder on my SD card?
Also I found those 2 version of the loader and wondered what the additional file were about, turns out I should not bother for the 480p Pixel fix patch, and get the official r1272_mod_v7 version instead?

Thank you all for clearing things up, I'm glad I asked here before bricking my console!
Cheers

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Correct, put them in the right folder and run them with homebrew launcher. In addition u can install the forwarder for gx loader with ahbprot support do run them directly from the menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro