Hacking Usb Loader GX problems

Xrayzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I have installed Hermes ios 222.The port 0 on my Wii is broken so i have to use port 1.In usb loader Gx when i change it to load from port 1 it softlocks.I cant do anything. Any help?

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hermes IOS 222 is waaaaaaay outdated, grab modmii to install the the proper cIOS:es, and since your USB 0 is broken you would need to use D2X v10 b53 alt. Modmii is a tool which you can find at this site.

Reactions: x65943

Xrayzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hermes IOS 222 is waaaaaaay outdated, grab modmii to install the the proper cIOS:es, and since your USB 0 is broken you would need to use D2X v10 b53 alt. Modmii is a tool which you can find at this site.
Thanks for your reply.I tried modmii but it still freezes.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
beta 52 - alt .... doesn't exist.

it's either :
d2x v10 (which is revision 52)
or
d2x v10-alt (which is revision r53) this is a beta version, with lots of problems. Don't use the "alternative" version of V10.
But, it's only for "common setup".

If you really really want the use of Port 1 because you can't use Port 0 then :
1. install v10-alt (revision 53, base 57, in the slot you want, usually slot 250)
2. open USBLoaderGX (without hdd plugged, to boot faster)
3. go to Settings > HDD menu > USB Port : set to 1 (not 0, not both)
4. do NOT enable multiple partitions.
exit the loader, plug the drive, and boot the loader again.
this time, the drive should be detected, because : you use r53 and you told the loader to look on Port1 (having only r53 without telling the loader to use the Port1, you can't expect it to do it).

Now that HDD is detected, you need to set ALL the path correctly.
go to settings > hdd settings > click on the first option to force a re-load of the partitions located on the USB drive.
go to settings > user's paths > click on a path pointing to USB to verify it's using the correct port (specifically for Gamecube folders)

For everything else, use SD card when possible. (HBC, homebrew, covers, themes, etc.)

USB should be used only for ISO and ROMs, not for homebrew or homebrew data.

but remember, r53 is beta, unstable, not compatible with a lot of devices, games and features. if it doesn't work, then we can't do anything about it.
You can try using Hermes cIOS (of course, it's not enough, you still have to tell the loader to USE the proper USB Port, it can't know if you don't change the settings), but it's old and some games and features might not work. Up to you to try and see the results.

Last edited by Cyan,

Xrayzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
beta 52 - alt .... doesn't exist.

it's either :
d2x v10 (which is revision 52)
or
d2x v10-alt (which is revision r53) this is a beta version, with lots of problems. Don't use the "alternative" version of V10.
But, it's only for "common setup".

If you really really want the use of Port 1 because you can't use Port 0 then :
1. install v10-alt (revision 53, base 57, in the slot you want, usually slot 250)
2. open USBLoaderGX (without hdd plugged, to boot faster)
3. go to Settings > HDD menu > USB Port : set to 1 (not 0, not both)
4. do NOT enable multiple partitions.
exit the loader, plug the drive, and boot the loader again.
this time, the drive should be detected, because : you use r53 and you told the loader to look on Port1 (having only r53 without telling the loader to use the Port1, you can't expect it to do it).

Now that HDD is detected, you need to set ALL the path correctly.
go to settings > hdd settings > click on the first option to force a re-load of the partitions located on the USB drive.
go to settings > user's paths > click on a path pointing to USB to verify it's using the correct port (specifically for Gamecube folders)

For everything else, use SD card when possible. (HBC, homebrew, covers, themes, etc.)

USB should be used only for ISO and ROMs, not for homebrew or homebrew data.

but remember, r53 is beta, unstable, not compatible with a lot of devices, games and features. if it doesn't work, then we can't do anything about it.
You can try using Hermes cIOS (of course, it's not enough, you still have to tell the loader to USE the proper USB Port, it can't know if you don't change the settings), but it's old and some games and features might not work. Up to you to try and see the results.
I use sd Cards now.I Have no problem with sd cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.