Hacking USB Loader GX - Problems with Games Larger than 4GB

CorvairShaggy

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
United States
I am using the latest version of USB Loader GX, with d2x ver 8, using IOS249. All my other games work, but both games I have that are larger than 4gb (Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Smash Bros. Brawl) will not work. Xenoblade will only go to "Reading Discs...". I am using the NTSC version, English, Scrubbed. I have read around the internet and tried loading using other ios, but still no go. SSBB will go to the title screen, then when it says "Press any key to continue..." it will go to a white screen and lock up. I have used several different hard drives, and I use Gparted Software to format them to FAT32. When loading from ISO to the drive, I am using Wii Game Manager 1.5 to open the ISO, then create .wbfs file with subdirectories, 4gb - 32k Split. Like I said before, I can get all the other games I have to work just fine, but just seem to have problems with these two games. Thanks for any input!
 
I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles using USB Loader GX and so far I have not encountered any problems; I'm also using the NTSC English Scrubbed version.

Try renaming the ISO into a compatible filename and stick it into an NTFS drive and see if it will load. Can you try using Wii Backup Manager instead of Wii Game Manager to convert your ISO into wbfs format? It could be WGM's fault that the game won't load. Also, is your USB Loader GX up to date with the latest IOS? Lastly, could your ISO be damaged in anyway?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted