USB Loader GX Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WRiPSTER, Jun 6, 2012.

1. WRiPSTER
    OP

WRiPSTER Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2012
    United States
    Is there any way for me to use USB loader GX without having to buy an external hard drive? I have tried using a micro SD card that is attached to a reader and it wont let me access the games stored on it when Usb loader gx is booted. It automatically directs me to a list that has all of my channels on it. Could there be a possible way to get this to work? or could I boot off of an SD card some way?

2. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    I dont know of a usb loader that will load off SD.
    I can only think of 2 loaders that will load off SD, and thats Neogamma, or uloader or uniloader, I believe.
    Google both, you will find them.

3. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
    you can use usb loader gx without a USB drive. Dont think you can launch wii games from sd, but you can launch wii channels/emunand channels and homebrew apps, as well as gamecube games from your sd card. you could always buy a 4-16 gb usb stick/thumb drive/pen drive for cheap. I bought a 16gb one at target for like $12.

4. b5fan

b5fan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2012
    United States
    WiiFlow will load games off an SD card.

5. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    (I don't know where to post it so I used this topic!)

I have also a problem with the USB loader GX 3.0

Its not really a problem but its annoys me.

I can't use (ocarina) cheats for gamecube games!

I insert my disk, choose options/ocarina, and download the cheats. I turn all the cheats that I like on and choose for create (right button) to make a .GCT
    Then I go to options and I turn ocarina to on, then launch the game (Normally it works for Wii games this way)

When I finally play the game(s), no cheats works.( I have tried to use gamecube cheats with following games: Shadow the hedgehog, Sonic Heroes, Kirby Airride and Metroid prime 2 Echoes (selfmade for Metroid))

How can I use cheats with USB loader 3.0 for Nintendo gamecube games (original disks)?
    please can somebody help me, please.