USB Loader GX or Config USB Loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Starzboy77, Aug 21, 2010.

Aug 21, 2010
  1. Starzboy77
    OP

Member Starzboy77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm currently using USB Loader GX and don't mind it at all. I've been in the mod scene since the beginning and love my soft modded Wii but really don't understand really anything about Wii Modding. I just follow instructions and things work but since I see Config USB Loader has like almost 800 pages of post in one thread, I figure I might be missing out on something???

My only huge concern right now is being able to play Metroid: Other M.

2. Gaiaknight

Member Gaiaknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    neither wiiflow in my opinion is my favorite.

3. gisel213

Member gisel213 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Skip those use SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI you can't brick your wii if you screw something up and like everything works thru the disc channel...

I admit i have those on a few of my wii's but lately i have been love with using sneek it frickin rocks... and gotta love all that free wiiware [​IMG]

4. Starzboy77
    OP

United States
    I only have a 512mb SD Card so I can't even backup my Nand.

Sneek looks really complicated and I don't get whats so great about it? Seems like it takes forever to boot up.

5. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    There is no harm in trying CFG USB loader yourself, is there?
    I have both, as amatter of fact I have every loader there is.
    Keeps playing games "fresh".

6. gisel213

United States
    A 2gb non sdhc card would be nice unless using the hdd with UNEEK+DI... the great thing is you can update and play like everything
    without installing cios, game fixes like prince of persia which was fixed on usbloader's etc.... It's region free also... using a usb nand
    will make it move normally and sometimes faster....

Don't get me wrong though cios and usb loaders are frickkin awesome hell yeah...

But what i like most is for every sdcard you have you will have another wii... example you own 1 wii and have 5 sdcards well you really
    have six wii's.... Best of all if you have an old system menu like 3.2 with bootmii and have your sdcard in with the usb hdd UNEEK or
    SNEEK+DI will boot like it's the original wii booting up you wont be able to tell the difference.... and all your saves and everything also
    downloaded wiiware games are all on the fake nand not clogging up the real nand that has only a lousy 512mb of space...

Wan't more test the waters do a system update in sneek and keep the real wii intact untouched... so frickkin sweet... man gotta put this
    Heavy Rain down and go play Wario Land in sneek....

It's your decision there are so many ways to enjoy your wii nowadays... and as always Happy Gaming [​IMG]

7. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i vote configurable for ease of use compatibility and usually the first to get updates

8. Gaiaknight

Member Gaiaknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i have always wanted to try out sneek and uneek but i have one question lets say other m comes out with AP would i still have to wait for it to be cracked to play it with sneek and uneek?

9. gisel213

United States
    It would run because it's using all the correct nintendo ios when it's loaded instead of a cios like what prince persia was looking for.....

10. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When I first modded my wii, I used gx but I switched to cfg in a few months. I am also trying uneek+di.

11. Starzboy77
    OP

United States
    Okay, so maybe I'll buy a 2gb Sandisk SD Card....In that case...how would I go about getting sneek as my Wii is currently soft modded and I hear Sneek doesn't work with Cios. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to these things so please help me out here.

I just want to be able to run Metroid Other M when it is dumped in the next few days. What do I do?? Please provide step by step instructions if possible since my Wii is already soft modded.

I currently have HBC on IOS 58 and Neogamma and USB Loader GX on IOS 249 Rev 19.

12. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    FSToolbox might actually manage to get a full nand dump onto your SD card btw, BUT you don't need a full nand to load SNEEK.

(u)SNEEK is amazing, and even if it takes longer to boot, well that's only when you put the Wii on.

As for you saying you might be missing out on CFG...take the advise given already and get it, you can have as many usb loaders as you want and they take very little space up.

13. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    JFYI - I had USB Configurator (because I used NUSAD to softmod my Wii) originally, then I changed to WiiFlow because I liked the selection screen & that when starting you only have a clean 'Please Wait' message instead of a large logo (which USB Conf. has)

- BUT if I make any backups as channels (using CRAP) I HAVE to use the USB Conf. loader (which I don't like the bootup screen) since WiiFlow doesn't have the supported features

14. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    CFG USB Loader.

15. Starzboy77
    OP

United States
    Can you still use usb loaders with Sneek? I'm still very confused on how sneek works and how to install it since my Wii already is soft modded. I've looked at the instructions in the Sneek thread and it just seems to complicated and tedious.

BTW I downloaded CFG USB Loader and I don't see whats so great about it? Changing the theme helped but I still think USBLoader GX has a more polished UI and is faster as well.

16. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    USB Loader GX is not as stable as Configurable USB Loader. If you want a good GUI you can try WiiFlow, also a very stable loader.

17. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    I donĀ“t have interest in use FAT32 now.

18. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Well, you can play Metroid: Other M for shure by buying the game. Otherwise, since it's such a major game, there could be a new protection, so that it won't work with any SoftMod. Maybe it even will blow up your Wii if it detects any modifications. Could be, who knows. Sadly my crystal ball is in repair right now, so I dunno exactly. Just buy it, and you'll be fine, I can guarantee you that.

Also, like the others said:

-GX: Bloated, buggy.
    -CFG: Stable.
    -WiiFlow: (Bloated), Stable too, nice UI.

Pick your poison. But don't come here and cry if a game doesn't work on GX, that has happend here...

19. Starzboy77
    OP

United States
    So should I go buy a 2GB SD card and try Sneek? If I install Sneek do I have to do anything with my current setup, like uninstall any IOS or something else???

Can I still use loaders with Sneek like CFG USB Loader and VBA GX and so forth???

20. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    I don't recommend SNEEK for you. Not only because you didn't read up on it well, because you can't use any Loader with it, but also because Homebrew from SD is buggy (and not enabled by default), Homebrew with UNEEK will probably never give you USB 2.0, and it's still buggy, in my opinion. You could switch between SNEEK+DI/UNEEK+DI (for Backups) and your real Wii (for Homebrew). But then again, I don't recommend SNEEK+DI/UNEEK+DI for daily use, and also not as an Backup Launcher.