1. cheloruiz79

OP cheloruiz79 Newbie
    Newcomer

Puerto Rico
  2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    Looks promising! When will we see more than a demo? Please also share source if u can when u are comfortable releasing the binary

@blackb0x, check this out! If we eventually get more than a demo it would be sweet to have this integrated into your fork of GX (plus the new wiimmfi v3 patches).

cheloruiz79 and jeannotte like this.
  3. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    @XFlak It looks like the old plugin fork. It was abandoned ages ago, but I do already have an updated and less buggy version of it. I just haven't worked on it in a while since I don't have a lot of free time and it'll never be as good as WiiFlow's plugin system.

alexander1970 and XFlak like this.
  4. XFlak

Cyprus
    Can u tell if it's and old fork or if it's been updated somewhat? If it's been updated maybe it would be less effort for u to integrate? I guess it all depends on the quality of the source code which u don't have access to atm

5. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Cyans post links to the plugin mod from 2016 and the download link still works, so I'm guessing that's where cheloruiz79's got it from.

My version of the mod brings everything up to date, fixes some bugs in the mod, cleans up the plugin icon and adds support for parental controls. I haven't released it publicly though because I don't want to maintain it and like I said, WiiFlow Lite simply does it better. And that's shouldn't surprise anyone since WiiFlow has had a plugin system in place for years and it's had a lot of development time put into it.

Last edited by blackb0x, Feb 27, 2021
    XFlak and alexander1970 like this.
  6. XFlak

Cyprus
    Would it be possible to integrate Wiiflow's plugin code to GX? Or is it not that cut and dry?

Thanks for all the knowledge you're dropping, it's cool if u don't want to do any of this, I'm just curious

7. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's not that simple due to the structure of it all. Like we're talking new menus, options, file configurations, title caching, getting and displaying box art at the correct dimensions for each plugin etc.

Can it be done? Sure, but it'd take a long time to do it right.

XFlak likes this.
  8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    integrating wiiflow plugin is exactly what the 2016's mod is doing.
    a quick wiiflow integration, but it required specific setup from the user. I didn't want to integrate it officially like that either, and would have prefer to make it more "graphically" integrated into the loader. but it's lot of work.
    edit: same as the tabmod, it was more a hack using specific and forced settings that not all users would use, and would have requested more freedom and proper integration inside the GUI.

Last edited by Cyan, Feb 27, 2021
    alexander1970 and XFlak like this.
  9. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yep. That's exactly what I mean about doing it right.

You need to be able to enable and disable specific plugins on the fly, have working categories, parental controls, filter between Wii, GC and games from plugins etc. It needs to be as seamless as possible.

alexander1970, Cyan and XFlak like this.
  10. cheloruiz79

OP cheloruiz79 Newbie
    Newcomer

Puerto Rico
    yes sir is the old fork

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

is the old fork link on my last youtube video

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - preview, loader,